A box full of D20 pigs in a sealed $1400 poke
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am 

** expired eBay auction **

:roll:

It has been said many times that a sucker is born every minute.

This seller is hoping those suckers have plenty of cash to throw away and would want unknown books from a seller who cannot be bothered to describe the items, much less post pictures.

And they obviously will not do so if asked either.

We have 25 lots up of boxed gaming books, assorted titles. I have no list each box is different.
If you buy more than one box you may get repeat titles. We made sure that in each lot you would get no more than 3 of any one book.
This auction is for stores or longterm ebay sellers. If you are a gamer seeking certain titles I can't help you.
All boxes are now sealed and ready to ship. We did our best to select a variety of titles per box.
D20 and many other game systems. EACH BOX CONTAIN AT LEAST $1,000  EACH. I AM ASKING $350 A BOX. THAT IS ONLY 35CENTS ON THE DOLLAR.
I have posted this auction for stores or longterm ebay sellers which we don'tt have time to do.
Take a chance. All books are new and items still sealed that were supposed to be.

Boxes are sealed.... Take a chance?
PLEASE BUY OUR PIGS in a POKE!!!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This was the most insanely stupid listing I have ever seen.

That is until I saw this one....

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Who is going to spend $1400, plus $100 shiping for items they wont even see, and have no list of contents until the boxes arrive at the door?

Well I thought I was out of the game business but got dragged back in! My friends and I bought out two game stores!
Included her are 350 books, manuals and a few magazines All NEW... NO USED!
Huge selection of hardbound and softbound items. Many different genres and types. Much of this lot is D20.
Some of the items are out of print.
There are 300 items here. I have no list. We have calculated the retail prices and this exceeds $6,000 retail!
You will get a few repeat books or manuals.
MY BUD'S WIFE BACKED OUT OF OPENING A STORE CHAIN SO WE MUST NOW SELL.
350 GAMING BOOKS. FANTASTIC DEAL IF YOU ARE OPENING A STORE OR SELL ON EBAY LONGTERM.
HUGE VARIETY!!!!
I HAVE DISCOUNTED SHIPPING!!!! VERY HEAVY!!!

I am waiting for someone to come to this sellers defense.

I am sure it will happen.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 am 

These prices are way too high with too much risk.  With nonWotC D20 hardcovers having an initial price of $40-$50 each and most in today's market are a tough sell at $5-$10, basically you would need to buy these for about the cost of shipping to be able to make any kind of profit that is worth your time.

Selling them of 35% of retail is pretty much insane.  If anyone here is looking to take this kind of gamble, let me know, I will sell a bulk lot of D20 for 25% of cover sight unseen.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 pm 

I was under the impression that you couldn't sell 'grab bag' items on eBay.

However I went to a big FLGS going out of business sale once and all the had was tables and tables no name d20 and World of Darkness-esque games. They literally couldn't give them away. I can only imagine what's in said sealed boxes.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 am 

Nogrod wrote: I can only imagine what's in said sealed boxes.

I think you got it right....D20 stuff that it was never possible to sell.  Items that no gamers wanted at anything near full price and not even half price.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm 

Gnat, you know you are curious.  You should order one and check it out.  I am sure you will find some beauties in there!!

Rappan Athuk Reloaded.....Ptolus.........WWE rpg!!!

Who knows what mysteries lie in wait, unlock the secrets!!   :D