F3 Many Gates of the Gann PREVIEW
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:52 pm 

Dungeon Module F3 -- Many Gates of the Gann is moving forward nicely. Editing and layout are finished, and I've begun commissioning interior artwork, so it's time to start previews...

Stefan Poag did the awesome front cover illustration :D
For a better look at the front cover, check out his blog:
http://stefanpoag.wordpress.com/2012/01 ... promotion/

Here's the front cover blurb:
Barbarous hyena-men who raid villages and kidnap girl-children? Bah! Unremarkable in our world! But when these raiders retreat safely past ancient sculptures that vaporize intruders, into heretofore unopened vaults believed to hold a weapon of primal terror, and past the gates that guard ancient treasures never beheld by man? Aye! Now these are rumors worthy of adventure! What bold souls will dare pass into centuries-old chambers protected by the Many Gates of the Gann?

System: For 1st Edition AD&D, and largely compatible with any TSR-era A/D&D, plus the clones & simulacra.
Format: 28 pages, saddle stitched. Retro-style detached cover with maps on the cover interior.
Author: Guy Fullerton
Artists: Stefan Poag, Andy "ATOM" Taylor, and at least one other artist that I'm trying to line up.

I'm shooting for an early spring release. It will be going into distribution the same as F1, so will be for sale at FRP Games, Noble Knight, and various other places.

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 pm 

Looks pretty good.  Something I'll have to pick up, especially considering how much I liked F1.  Curious though....was/is there an F2?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:16 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Looks pretty good.  Something I'll have to pick up, especially considering how much I liked F1.  Curious though....was/is there an F2?

I asked the same question and he explained his reasoning; however, he explicitly told me not to tell you.  :D

Everyone else except King can click on the DF link below:
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=53896

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am 

smarmy1 wrote:
I asked the same question and he explained his reasoning; however, he explicitly told me not to tell you.  :D

Everyone else except King can click on the DF link below:
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=53896

PDT_Armataz_01_27

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 am 

:lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am 

Looks great.

Only, how in the heck do you get printing done on the inside cover/s?

:(

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:26 am 

Yeah, so the short answer on F2 is "eventually but not yet." :)

The inside cover printing, the detached cover, the particular cover & interior stock, the sane proofing process, and other niceties are handled by contacting a local print house and talking to one of their reps. It's the same kind of print house that Lulu orders are ultimately subcontracted through, but by talking directly to a human at one of those places, you get access to many more options and a much better per-unit cost.

Rob, in fact, it's the same company that I had the run of your GS1 modules printed at.

Guy Fullerton

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 am 

Hi Guy, that's really great! I have a question though...

Guy Fullerton wrote:I'm shooting for an early spring release. It will be going into distribution the same as F1, so will be for sale at FRP Games, Noble Knight, and various other places.

Did you consider a straight sale for the unlucky non-US acaeum fellows? Can we sad-european-guys buy a copy from you?

Thanks in any case and ciaooo
axel

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm 

Is it possible to pre-order?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm 

Excellent!

A pre-order would be great to be able to get a copy, especially for us, non-US buyers :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:15 pm 

On sales outside of North America: I expect both FRP Games and Noble Knight to carry the module, and they both ship internationally, so that's one option. I'm planning to talk to James Raggi to see whether I can ship a goodly number of them to him for sale via the LotFP store, though I don't know how much that will bring down the shipping cost.

Unfortunately I don't have the spare time to run one of the special offers like I did for F1 + GS1 a few years ago. (With a flat cost for two modules where I eat a bunch of the international shipping cost.) I don't mind eating some of the shipping cost, but I just don't have the time to do that much shipping myself. I can only barely manage to list & ship a handful of items on eBay these days.

Pre order, let me see ... the answer surprised me, and it's a good one! I already told the distributor about the F3 module, and it looks like that info has propagated to at least some stores. FRP Games already has it available for pre-orders! Cool!
http://frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=81041

Guy Fullerton

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm 

Have to agree with KoP, F1 was pretty darn nice.  Put me down for a copy when this comes out.  F2, for that matter, if it does materialize.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 pm 

Guy Fullerton wrote:Pre order, let me see ... the answer surprised me, and it's a good one! I already told the distributor about the F3 module, and it looks like that info has propagated to at least some stores. FRP Games already has it available for pre-orders! Cool!
http://frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=81041

Shipping cost to France are unclear. Even when paying, they did not appear. So I cancelled my payment... "economic mail $14 to $28"?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
Shipping cost to France are unclear. Even when paying, they did not appear. So I cancelled my payment... "economic mail $14 to $28"?

When it comes out, I'd be happy to get a copy for you.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:

I have had issues with FRP Games shipping costs for international, I have been misquoted (way over) and am still waiting on a simple request for a quote.

I think I will wait for NK to get their stock.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:

Thanks Steve! :)

davidc wrote:
I have had issues with FRP Games shipping costs for international, I have been misquoted (way over) and am still waiting on a simple request for a quote.

I think I will wait for NK to get their stock.

I never ordered from FRPgames, and this doesn't  make me feel confident... Especially when shipping cost is not clearly given for France.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:37 am 

TheHistorian wrote:

Could you pls take 2 and ship them to Geraud?

@Geraud: do you mind to receive my copy as well? i will cover everything, useless to say!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 am 

Okay with me.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Next