Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 5 of 10012, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9899100
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:38 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Blasted Land?  I don't see any Blasted Land.  :lol:


John...was in reply to you saying:

"And I dont recall anything but a shrinked Nanorien Stones going over $100."

I thought you were referring to the other items in the series, hence me saying that.

sorry if i mis-understood! would'nt be the first time :)

best, Al



  


Collector

Posts: 6
Joined: Dec 19, 2011
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2012

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 pm 
 

Hmm, this thread reminded me, I happen to have a copy of Blasted Land.
I picked it up years ago, never ran it.  The folder is a bit beat up and ripped at the top, but the module itself is in Excellent to near mint condition.
It is #581 of 1000.

Just curious how much that would be worth.  I hadn't thought of it in years till you mentioned it hear.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1094
Joined: May 14, 2008
Last Visit: Apr 10, 2021
Location: West of a site called "Chicago" . . .

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 am 
 

BenTheRat wrote:Hmm, this thread reminded me, I happen to have a copy of Blasted Land.
I picked it up years ago, never ran it.  The folder is a bit beat up and ripped at the top, but the module itself is in Excellent to near mint condition.
It is #581 of 1000.

Just curious how much that would be worth.  I hadn't thought of it in years till you mentioned it hear.


The prices listed in this thread still seem pretty accurate to me:

viewtopic.php?t=11758


"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2524
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 10, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:15 am 
 

Starstone, ending early:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:36 am 
 

Bracton wrote:
The prices listed in this thread still seem pretty accurate to me:

viewtopic.php?t=11758


personally think blasted land should be upped a little value-wise, similar to that of kobold hall. they both show up about the same (ie. not much) and there is usually always a fight to get it if its in decent shape.

think cover shape always makes a big difference in these items though - to collect, its always really nice to have one with a good cover, rather than a ripped/hammered one.

just my .02c but then what do i know....i paid a stupid price for mine, bidding against an already stupid price  :D but its a great item and one you just have to have!!

best, Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:personally think blasted land should be upped a little value-wise, similar to that of kobold hall. they both show up about the same (ie. not much) and there is usually always a fight to get it if its in decent shape.

think cover shape always makes a big difference in these items though - to collect, its always really nice to have one with a good cover, rather than a ripped/hammered one.

just my .02c but then what do i know....i paid a stupid price for mine, bidding against an already stupid price  :D but its a great item and one you just have to have!!

best, Al


Considering that I recently paid just $25.55 (including shipping) in a single e-Bay listing for copies of Beastmaker Mountain AND Nanorian Stones both (without covers), I would say that is true.

For most collectors anyway... 8)

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





I have also purchased other copies of the more common books and even traded for them (sans covers) and seldom paid more than $20 for those I purchased... approximately the same in trade value.

I think there is little doubt that most collectors are paying for the covers, not the adventure.



Sigh... I wanted these to read and perhaps play them and for that purpose, I do not mind (in the least) the missing covers, those are just covers.

Unless the more common ones are different than the less common more expensive ones (I do not have those) there are no maps printed on the insde of the folders, and not a single bit of scenario/adventure information is printed on any of them either..... they are simply shiny folders with a window on the front, with the REAL value showing inside... just a peak.



As for other RPG items with separate covers, MOST TSR Modules DO have important data (Maps inside) on the covers.

Others usually have at least some pictures (artwork) and/or short descriptions of the adventure, they are not simply shiny folders with windows cut out on the front.

And for other items, such as a Greyhawk 1st print...

I would not pay anything for one of them coverless.

Well that is totally different IMO.



To me it is somewhat similar to buying a high end quarter horse for the shiny fancy saddle on its back.

Some folks will put too much attention into the look and perceived value in the shiny fancy saddle and very little on how the horse walks, trots, gallops, stands, and how it reacts to the rider and do not even talk about the general health, feel and look of the horse itself.

You guys can have the shiny fancy saddle, I have my own saddle and I would prefer to ride my new quarter horse off into the sunset while you guys fight over the shiny fancy saddle.



But then I am a Texan, what do I know?



Yeee Hawww.....!


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 03, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:10 am 
 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:But then I am a Texan, what do I know?

Good question....but dont lump the rest of us Texans in with you.  :lol:


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:23 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Good question....but dont lump the rest of us Texans in with you.  :lol:


lol now THAT is funny :D



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 864
Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 11, 2021
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:14 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Seller may know which color folder goes with which adventure, but his pricing is a wee bit on the "crazy-ass" high side (regardless of the autograph on Beastmaker).  It's been a long time since I've seen Beastmaker get anywhere close to $200.  The last one didnt even hit $50 and it wasnt all that much worse condition wise.  And I dont recall anything but a shrinked Nanorien Stones going over $100.




This one has been on my eBay watch list for many moons now priced at $200-$300 OBO:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





Sold for $150.  Wow. :)


Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 03, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:22 pm 
 

smarmy1 wrote:

This one has been on my eBay watch list for many moons now priced at $200-$300 OBO:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sold for $150.  Wow. :)


Damn!  The buyer seems pretty shrewd from what I can tell from his auction/feedback history.  But he mainly buys miniatures so I could be completely wrong.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2552
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm 
 

smarmy1 wrote:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sold for $150.  Wow. :)




Nice in that it's clean and complete, even with the ad card, but that's just way too high.  Congrats to the seller!


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 pm 
 

TheHistorian wrote:Nice in that it's clean and complete, even with the ad card, but that's just way too high.  Congrats to the seller!


I think a lot of people have forgotten that some of these were not as  limited as others.  Nanorian and Fez are fairly common for small press stuff.  Finding them still in shrink is not that long of a wait.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6236
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 10, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:03 am 
 

.... and both have sold mint in shrinkwrap for less than that in the past.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2552
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:28 pm 
 

Mars wrote:I think a lot of people have forgotten that some of these were not as  limited as others.  Nanorian and Fez are fairly common for small press stuff.  Finding them still in shrink is not that long of a wait.


Definitely agree.  Beastmaker has been showing up a lot (relatively) over the last year or so too.

Kobold Hall and Blasted Land are indeed limited, but even allowing for attrition, there are probably 600+ copies of each out there.  Compare that to the number of people who know about them and want them...


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 pm 
 

TheHistorian wrote:Kobold Hall and Blasted Land are indeed limited, but even allowing for attrition, there are probably 600+ copies of each out there.  Compare that to the number of people who know about them and want them...


Only 750 of Kobold Hall and 1000 of Blasted Land printed.  No such claims on the others - probably a few thousand of each.  These were advertised for years after they were published.  Much like the R-series for TSR, they had so many they were trying to blow them out at discount prices years after initial release.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 am 
 

Mars wrote:
Only 750 of Kobold Hall and 1000 of Blasted Land printed.  No such claims on the others - probably a few thousand of each.  These were advertised for years after they were published.  Much like the R-series for TSR, they had so many they were trying to blow them out at discount prices years after initial release.


sounds a bit like ST1 that :D



  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2524
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 10, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:55 am 
 

Kinghts of the round table:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





20 bucks and only 12h!


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2524
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 10, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:27 am 
 

I am not into minis, but this seems to be interesting:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





ciaooo


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 315
Joined: Jan 09, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm 
 

Hi,



this is very cute:




** expired eBay auction **




Cheers,

KAL


.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 pm 
 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





Never have seen a BIN for one of these for just $10 USD ($4 US Shipping).

If you do not have this and do collect RuneQuest, then this is the one you will want to nab.

Even missing 1-2 sheets, this is a steal of a deal.



Seller has lots of other on-going listings of various RPG items.

One is a nice looking Rules Cyclopedia, but it is already over $40.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 5 of 10012, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9899100