Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:07 am 

aia wrote:is there anybody who has a clue about this:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117 ... n?ref=live

viewtopic.php?p=200902#p200902

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am 

ah, again  KS item... it's getting boring...

thanks and ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:45 am 

some miscellaneous stuff, not sure if everything might be interesting:

TIMESHIP:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

TOURNAMENTS ILLUMINATED (Discodadda has several issues right now on sale):

PAGAN BOOKS for CoC:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:35 pm 

Big Ptolus map

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Big Ptolus map

Thanks for the pointers, Steve, I've been looking for one of those!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 am 

Avalon Hill's Witchcraft Ritual Kit

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:26 am 

sauromatian wrote:Avalon Hill's Witchcraft Ritual Kit

...some days ago i have seen even the AH Black magic boxed game on ebay... no time to redo the search...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm 

I don't do much with non-English language material, because if I have to labor to read it...

This still seemed cool, though:

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 am 

The original role-playing game:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 am 

sauromatian wrote:The original role-playing game:

Good ol' wooden pieces.  Yea, I miss my old copy.  Still never played a full game where everyone stuck through it until they were ousted.
Someone has Always had to go home or quit, disrupting the game and ending it. <les sigh>

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 am 

sauromatian wrote:The original role-playing game:

is this the 1st eidtion of the game? i have always found many versions of it and never went in detail about editions/history of it...  :oops:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:32 am 

aia wrote:is this the 1st eidtion of the game? i have always found many versions of it and never went in detail about editions/history of it...  :oops:

I believe so, or at least an early mass-market version. This would be the one played by the creators of D&D when the Great Kingdom map was drawn (1970/71), while new editions of Diplomacy appeared in '71 and '76.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:08 am 

If Diplomacy was actually a role playing game, would the level advancement look like this?

1. Contriver
 2. Plotter
 3. Intriguer
 4. Campaigner
 5. Armchair General
 6. Puppet Master
 7. Mastermind
 8. Tactician
 9. Strategist
10. Grand Strategist
11. Diplomacist

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 am 

aia wrote:is this the 1st eidtion of the game? i have always found many versions of it and never went in detail about editions/history of it...

It's more than a little strange that BoardGameGeek seems to lack a picture of 'big pink' from 1959, the 1st printing of Dip. Its cartoon cover portrays 1950s Americans in a cocktail-party setting, and its overall color is pink. The only one I've ever found was owned by famed boardgame designer/collector Sid Sackson, and I'm extremely glad I grabbed that ultra-rare copy.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm 

ExTSR wrote:
aia wrote:is this the 1st eidtion of the game? i have always found many versions of it and never went in detail about editions/history of it...

It's more than a little strange that BoardGameGeek seems to lack a picture of 'big pink' from 1959, the 1st printing of Dip. Its cartoon cover portrays 1950s Americans in a cocktail-party setting, and its overall color is pink. The only one I've ever found was owned by famed boardgame designer/collector Sid Sackson, and I'm extremely glad I grabbed that ultra-rare copy.

Yeah those self-published editions are quite rare. I turned over quite a few stones trying to find one. This one here is a Games Research edition, probably from the early 1970s. The board in it is still a rendition of the original Calhamer board from 1959, though. Rarer still would be the Game of Realpolitik pre-pub, but fortunately there are scans online.

http://www.diplom.org/~diparch/diplomacy_rules.htm

Author of Playing at the World, The Elusive Shift, Game Wizards co-author of D&D Art & Arcana and Heroes's Feast

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 pm 

increment wrote:
ExTSR wrote:It's more than a little strange that BoardGameGeek seems to lack a picture of 'big pink' from 1959, the 1st printing of Dip. Its cartoon cover portrays 1950s Americans in a cocktail-party setting, and its overall color is pink. The only one I've ever found was owned by famed boardgame designer/collector Sid Sackson, and I'm extremely glad I grabbed that ultra-rare copy.

Yeah those self-published editions are quite rare. I turned over quite a few stones trying to find one. This one here is a Games Research edition, probably from the early 1970s. The board in it is still a rendition of the original Calhamer board from 1959, though. Rarer still would be the Game of Realpolitik pre-pub, but fortunately there are scans online.

http://www.diplom.org/~diparch/diplomacy_rules.htm

This one should from about 1961.  In 1961, after Games Research, Incorporated began publishing the game, they updated the copyright date on the board to 1961.

A good resource for dating these is here mysite.verizon.net/~vze4r2c2/Diplomacy/ ... S-GRI.html.  Unfortunately most of the links are busted, but with a little effort, you can navigate the site.

FYI, I am the first bidder.  No need for anyone here to bid.  I have one of the same vintage but it is not as in as nice of a condition.  It does have the original price sticker from FAO Schwarz though, which I think is kind of cool.

I also have an edition of the British version that predates any on the website that I linked to.  The "Timothy" board has no copyright and the pieces are plastic blocks, not bullets.  I really should post pictures somewhere.

LB

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm 

ExTSR wrote:

Frank,

Is your copy like the one listed at the bottom of this page mysite.verizon.net/~vze4r2c2/Diplomacy/ ... S-ABC.html?

LB

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 pm 

Lurker Below wrote:Is your copy like the one listed at the bottom of this page mysite.verizon.net/~vze4r2c2/Diplomacy/ ... S-ABC.html?

That's the edition; my copy is a lot nicer. ;>

F

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111