Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm 

Could you direct me to one of those sales?  Does anyone have one for sale at the moment for that price?

I'm not trying to jab you, Mars.  I really want to buy one and $35 sounds like a good price.  

The only Ebay listing at the moment is for $175.

If anyone here has a complete DCC #35 in reasonable shape and wants to sell for $35, I am interested.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:48 pm 

Mars wrote:
FormCritic wrote:Someone might value it that high.

Someone who just doesn't know any better.

There are 4 sales of these boxed sets containing both modules in the last 2 weeks at $35.  But we all know Jason's skew on "valuation".

Mars;

The sets being sold by Aneoth on Ebay are all missing the original maps, as is the other by bygrinstow (all four that went in the $35 range) which is why they are going so low.  Don't worry, I couldn't figure it out either until I read the complete descriptions.  For whatever reason there are a lot of Known Realms sets out there without maps.

Of course, that means the smart collector could start treating these like a Silver Anniversary boxed set, and sell the pieces for more than the whole is worth. I'm interested enough myself that I would probably auction the two modules if I found them just to see what they would bring.

Typical price for this is around $75-$100. If you ever find one under $50 with the maps, that's a good deal.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Last edited by Badmike on Thu May 03, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:30 pm 

[quote="FormCritic"If anyone here has a complete DCC #35 in reasonable shape and wants to sell for $35, I am interested.[/quote]
Not gonna happen.

See previous discussions in this thread and others in these forums for those sets that I sold with COPIES of the maps.
Almost every set I sold had some dings to the box with NM Books and all of them had full sized paper copies (copies made by me) of all the maps as a free bonus item.
My Highest sale was over $60 early on; while $35 was the low point.
The average was closer to $45 for the 12 or so incomplete sets that I sold.

As stated, I am now down to just two of those sets and I am in no hurry to sell them.
Certainly not at $35...

I also have several SWed sets that wont be sold anytime soon.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:12 pm 

Badmike wrote:The sets being sold by Aneoth on Ebay are all missing the original maps, as is the other by bygrinstow (all four that went in the $35 range) which is why they are going so low.

I agree completely that complete or sets in shrink are much higher.  But as far as I can tell, all of these $35 sets included both 35A and 35B modules and the Gazetteer book and the box . Dismissing any value associated with the box and Gaz book puts 35A and 35B at about $17-$20 each.  The recent sales of the complete sets for $75-$100 is typical.  So trying to sell the 2 modules (minus box, minus Gazetteer book, minus maps) for $100 is an obvious noob fishing expedition.  IMO it's a shady seller who is always trying to take advantage of people that don't know better. He a "used car salesman" wanting Cadillac prices for a Chevette.

With the Silver Anniversary boxes, they are fairly close to even in sales (pieced or together):  $70 for L3, $10 each for the rest if you consider about $150 for the full set.  Even in the glory days of L3 for $100, the single item was never more than the complete box.

I have a few shrink sets too and at what they are selling for today, I am not interested in selling.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:53 pm 

Pagan Publishing likely 1st print Weapons Compendium:  $83 ending in a few hours:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:09 pm 

grodog wrote:Pagan Publishing likely 1st print Weapons Compendium:  $83 ending in a few hours:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380433667666&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:3160

I'd just like to know what good guns are going to do you against a shoggoth?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:I'd just like to know what good guns are going to do you against a shoggoth?

Hey Jason,

Probably a better chance with those than the knives and throwing stars on the cover of the book...  :lol:

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
grodog wrote:Pagan Publishing likely 1st print Weapons Compendium:  $83 ending in a few hours:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380433667666&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:3160

I'd just like to know what good guns are going to do you against a shoggoth?

You see, while the other PCs are stopping to point their little thundersticks at the amorphous mass, your PC (wiser, smarter, better than before) is running away at top speed.  That's how guns help you against CoC monsters :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm 

grodog wrote:Incomplete Ptolus set:  $100 with 2 days left (CD missing, along with a bookmark):  http://www.ebay.com/itm/261014617040?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661

That reminds me,  I spotted a Ptolus at my FLGS last night.  For considerably less than $100.  The envelope in the back looked complete, except for the CD.  If that's of use to anyone, PM me, and I can help you out.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:30 am 

Uncommon item which i consider a good collectable (you dont see that often):

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Few hours to go and a very good price!

ciaooo

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:06 pm 

A&E #20 @

ending in ~8 hours.  Seller has several more copies of A&E available, although I think this is earliest in current lot being sold.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:33 pm 

grodog wrote:A&E #20 @

ending in ~8 hours.  Seller has several more copies of A&E available, although I think this is earliest in current lot being sold.

Unfortunately it is either a reprint or it has had holes punched in it to fit the black plastic binding. The color of the cover is right.

The highlights of this issue are an angry letter from Tim kask and a 5 page contribution by Steve Perrin.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
grodog wrote:A&E #20 @

Unfortunately it is either a reprint or it has had holes punched in it to fit the black plastic binding. The color of the cover is right.

The highlights of this issue are an angry letter from Tim kask and a 5 page contribution by Steve Perrin.

If I collected many of the A&E's, I'd probably pull the staples and use the black binders. The staples are awful in these, the back pages fall off and the staples are a major source of rust.  

"Angry letter from Tim Kask" has gotten my attention  :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:05 pm 

Badmike wrote:
JasonZavoda wrote:

If I collected many of the A&E's, I'd probably pull the staples and use the black binders. The staples are awful in these, the back pages fall off and the staples are a major source of rust.  

"Angry letter from Tim Kask" has gotten my attention  :D

Mike B.

I'll transcribe Tim's letter and post the copy.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 am 

IIRC there was somebody who was interested in this module:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

ciaooo

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 am 

MOUNTAIN-OF-MYSTERY mis-titled MOURTAIR-OF-MYSTERY

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:44 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:MOUNTAIN-OF-MYSTERY mis-titled MOURTAIR-OF-MYSTERY

What is the general value of that series?
I have the first 6 or 7 I need to list.

~Scathaigh~

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 am 

It depends the condition. From 10 to 25-30$. Furioso is the only one that could sell for more than $30 (perhaps $40-50 but since prices are rather low since several months, it could go for less)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111