Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 111123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 am 

Old West Skirmish Rules

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:42 pm 

Lair of the Spider Mother.....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:21 am 

lordan wrote:Lair of the Spider Mother.....

That's one bad mother.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:11 am 

"shut your mouth!"

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 am 

Ended overnight, but does anyone recognize this RQ errata sheet/booklet?  I couldn't place it.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 pm 

One of the two adventure books in the DCC 35 Box Set.

Was wondering when/if those would show up for individual sale.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:One of the two adventure books in the DCC 35 Box Set.

Fifty bucks apiece?  8O   Deep Dwarven Delve they arent.....and I still think people are bloody idiots for spending the money they do for that thing.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Fifty bucks apiece?  8O   Deep Dwarven Delve they arent.....and I still think people are bloody idiots for spending the money they do for that thing.  :?

They strike me as close to worthless. Not sure how they would benefit a collector. Besides, at that kind of price you can get a new copy of the whole set. At least L3 had some lore and the pedigree.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am 

Incomplete Ptolus set:  $100 with 2 days left (CD missing, along with a bookmark):

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:36 am 

Uncommon Dungeons & Dragons 3D Puzzle from 1984

it is referenced at tomesoftreasures
tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... php?t=4186

A previous one was sold for $41, from the same seller

A quick research on Ebay gives also this one, visibly not sold (3 rejected offers)

and another one with a very high BIN option

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:08 am 

low starting price for this MERP Umbar campaign module

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 am 

Don't these also need the maps from the box set to play?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am 

Mars wrote:Don't these also need the maps from the box set to play?

No they do not.
The Maps are for the entire world setting, hence the Gazetteer which is also part of the box set.

The two adventure books could be used/played separately with nothing else needed from the box set.
The only thing the DCC adventures and the Gazetteer maps have in common is that the DMs Maps show the DCC number to place the locations for all of the DCC Adventures which Goodman had produced up to that point (including 35A and 35B).

FWIW: I have sold over a dozen Box Sets of DCC 35 over the past 3 years all at around $45 more or less.
They came to me without the maps and I sold them with free paper copies of the maps that I had plotted myself.
Those were all otherwise complete box sets.
I agree that at the price of $49.99 those listings are ridiculously high for those adventure books and IMO the only persons who would hit those BINs are uninformed newbie's who do not know what the adventure books are from.
Someone might also think they are rare modules like the limited releases from various Conventions.

That said, I stated the same thing for a couple of Judges Guild maps that were listed not long ago with the same prices.
One listing was for ONE of two maps (no book, just ONE map) for a very common book set (Sea Steeds & Wave Riders) that complete set normally sells for around $15 in the Shrink Wrap.
Another listing was for a Judges copy of the City Map for the Revised City State of the Invincible Overlord which commonly sells for around $10...
You can get an entire Revised CSIO play aid package for about the same price as that one Judges map alone sold for...
Right now another copy of the Sea Steeds Map is listed on e-Bay at the same price of $49.99 by that same seller.
(It could be the same copy, that was not paid for for some reason)

Newbie's just do not know any better.
I know, I was once a newbie myself and even now I can sometimes get overly excited about items I know little or nothing about and overreach for them...

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote: the only persons who would hit those BINs are uninformed newbie's who do not know

That is the target audience of this seller.  At least he states (this time) that these are the incomplete components of the box set - probably something we wouldn't have seen last week until he got busted for it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:26 pm 

I was looking at the minotaur module thinking, "Wow, this must be an ultra-rare DCC module.  Why haven't I heard of it?"

Then I realized what it was.

This listing is just fishing for idiots.  Aren't the entire boxed sets not much more than that?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm 

FormCritic wrote:

I was looking at the minotaur module thinking, "Wow, this must be an ultra-rare DCC module.  Why haven't I heard of it?"

Then I realized what it was.

This listing is just fishing for idiots.  Aren't the entire boxed sets not much more than that?

Gnat has sold a bunch recently with copied maps in the $35 range. (His map copies are excellent by the way) but I just started listing items again since I need to clear some space. In the past the DCC set would go for closer to $100 a set. Personally my feeling is that with the new DCCRPG you aren't going to be seeing these DCC35 sets go for anywhere near $35. I've also always thought that the two modules are the gold of the set and never had any use for the DCC world setting. My prices aren't set to attract new buyers, they are just what I think the modules are worth. Both by Harley Stroh and infinitely better than the mangled version of L3 that was in the TSR Silver Anniversary set.

I've probably just been away from ebay too long but I value a DCC35 set with both modules at about $90 to $100 so I set the prices for individual modules (which I believe you can't get outside of the DCC35 boxed set) at $50 each.

At the very least high asking prices should bring out some competition to undercut them. I always price, after checking to see what something is currently selling for, to either undercut competition or at what I value an item to be.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 pm 

Yes, those modules can be found ONLY in that box set.
Well... I have seen a PDF of them as well, but as a hard copy.... only in the box.

Yes, as stated above, I have sold about 12 DCC 35 Box Sets in the past 3 years with copied maps.
Those maps are full size paper and are printed in full color.
The map copies (cost to print; paper/ink) alone cost about what those sets have been selling for.
Obviously I was not selling them for a huge profit, otherwise I would have long ago tossed out the boxes and gazetteer books and sold the adventure books in separate listings like Jason is now.

I only have two of those copied map sets left.
Plan to eventually sell one and keep the last set for reading/playing.
But I will wait a while before doing so as the last set is in very good condition and I want more than $35 for that one.
All my other DCC35 sets are Shrink Wrapped...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:25 pm 

Cloudlands at $9.99 BIN also at a decent price.

Same seller (he is a member here) has other items listed most with BINs, but most are priced high enough for for him to keep rather than sell. :P

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 111123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 109110111