Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 111123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:38 am 

Alright you got me to bite..course I'll be de-shrinking this when I get it.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 am 

FormCritic wrote:There is a cassette tape in the box that explains the basic rules and sets up one of the adventures included in the box.

A what now?

:wink:

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 am 

And you can still purchase the adventures from the publisher:

http://www.dragonraid.net/order?p_p_id= ... oryId=1002

A little on the pricey side for a couple of them but if you are a completist you dont normally ever see them on Ebay.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:57 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And you can still purchase the adventures from the publisher:
http://www.dragonraid.net/order?p_p_id= ... oryId=1002

A little on the pricey side for a couple of them but if you are a completist you dont normally ever see them on Ebay.

According to a guy that answered the phone (number posted at web site) the box Set includes Three of the Five adventures that are available from the publisher.
Only parts 2 and 3 of the Moon Bridge thrilogy are not included; and those can be purchased together as a package at $22.95, plus shipping.
Individually those two adventures are $11.95 each.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:36 pm 

two interesting things about dragonraid: the good guys get to roll the crystalline d10 while the bad guys roll a black d8. secondly the "lightraiders" are supposed to quote biblical passages in order to "cast" their spells.

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

MOURTAIR....  :lol:

Mountain of Mystery by Dimension Six.
Even with the spine looking a bit creased, the Starting price is just $5.99

Dadcaresforkids (the seller) is a member here I think... although mostly a lurker IIRC.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

MOURTAIR....  :lol:

Mountain of Mystery by Dimension Six.

Easy to mistake that font... but... the cover is a picture of a giant mysterious-looking mountain.  :)  :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:54 pm 

davidc wrote:Easy to mistake that font... but... the cover is a picture of a giant mysterious-looking mountain.  :)  :)

That's what you think should be the clue?  How about mourtair not being a word?   :lol:

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:
TheHistorian wrote:But to pay that much for a SW copy, which obviously Frank couldn't have ever used, seems nuts.  Personally, I'd think an opened copy that had some notes from actual use would be much more interesting.  Of course, I don't really understand the SW mindset anyway...

I'd agree. For me, a copy owned by a gaming name from the past would HAVE to have their DNA, fingerprints (and notes preferably) to make me pay way over. I wouldn't pay any more for a SW copy of anything owned by them as I would if it were owned by Joe Schmo.

I'd love even an old battered gaming book owned by Frank for instance, but I know they'll never reach the shores over here for me to pick up.

This is getting slightly off topic, but I will confess that I bought, or in the process of buying, a lot of these used modules. I assumed Frank didn't really use them, although some descriptions hinted they he did, but I liked the thought. Some of these were actually nicer than my own copies. Maybe he can sign a few? I bought one shrink item for private reasons, but I fully admit that the shrink prices were insanity. He had a few somewhat rare ones EX1, G123, I11, etc., but $100 a pop seemed like a lot of money especially for ones that typically go for $20-$30.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

No Honour in Sathporte, don't see this one often :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 pm 

davidc wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I've never even heard of this one before. Seller also has some mono covers starting at $5

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 pm 

davidc wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Seller has a positive feedback rating of 92.3!!!!!  I would stay far away.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 pm 

Prufrock wrote:

Doesnt look all that bad to me.  Only one negative rating and that from a 15 feedback newbie that didnt get their crappy watch immediately after paying and thought that was too long to wait.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:I've never even heard of this one before. Seller also has some mono covers starting at $5

Very Rare.  Small press.  UK item.   I think main distribution was through mailorder with a few ad spots in UK magazines.  Its a good size product though.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

I've never even heard of this one before. Seller also has some mono covers starting at $5

The

is a GW version too....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 pm 

I'm talking with the seller about Sathporte - looks like it may be missing a page.  I'll update when I know more.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:25 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Doesnt look all that bad to me.  Only one negative rating and that from a 15 feedback newbie that didnt get their crappy watch immediately after paying and thought that was too long to wait.  :roll:

Seller lists it in "Great Condition" now we are learning it might have a page missing.  Personally if a seller is below 98% positive feedback I stay away.  This one is at 92.3% and says the item is in "Great Condition".  You can tell from the pic it is not in great condition.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Seller lists it in "Great Condition" now we are learning it might have a page missing.  Personally if a seller is below 98% positive feedback I stay away.  This one is at 92.3% and says the item is in "Great Condition".  You can tell from the pic it is not in great condition.

Martin

Well to be fair, I didnt even bother looking at the item itself.  Whether it is missing a page or has jizz stains on it, I didnt pay it any mind.  I was only referring to the sellers reputation.  And while you are correct the majority of the time by not bidding on items that a seller without 100% perfect feedback has to offer, you also should pay extra attention to specific feedback left and not just the positive feedback percentage itself.  You set yourself up for a lot more grief bidding on items from someone that has 99.7% positive feedback and 50,000 items sold than a person with 92.3% positive feedback and only 100 items sold.

Cougarrinard has a 100% positive feedback rating.  Will you buy from him now?  :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 111123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 109110111