Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
gyg wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Starstone, says in original packing

Ending bid (Yes this one was mine) for this one gets doubtfull nods and questionable looks.

Yet these seem just fine and little or no comments?

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I could post another half dozen of Frank's current listings wherein his SWed modules are getting insane bids...
(I am not talking about the two with the Tourney Copies either, which do not seem quite so high)
Just wanted to make a point.
Suntone (in comparison) is an almost insanely uncommon to rare item and in SW more so (obviously) than those far more common modules listed above...

If I had a bunch of them (which I do not) I would BEG Frank to list ALL of my SWed modules for me and I would be HAPPY to give him 25% share in the priofits to do so.

Frank... amazing stuff sir...  8O
And I am VERY happy for your awesome windfall.

People are obviously paying a premium for items owned by Frank. If buyers don't ask for a certificate of authenticity they are nuts, I'd only pay those prices if I could prove to others they came from Frank's personal collection.  I actually think a few things are going rather light, considering, but there should be some price spikes closer to deadline.  Congrats to Frank!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm 

Badmike wrote:People are obviously paying a premium for items owned by Frank. If buyers don't ask for a certificate of authenticity they are nuts, I'd only pay those prices if I could prove to others they came from Frank's personal collection.  I actually think a few things are going rather light, considering, but there should be some price spikes closer to deadline.  Congrats to Frank!

But to pay that much for a SW copy, which obviously Frank couldn't have ever used, seems nuts.  Personally, I'd think an opened copy that had some notes from actual use would be much more interesting.  Of course, I don't really understand the SW mindset anyway...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:26 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Of course, I don't really understand the SW mindset anyway...

Same here.  The current high bidder must have his mind set somewhere besides his brainpan.  That's the only excuse I can see for bidding those insane prices.  Either that or he's allergic to paper and buys everything in shrinkwrap so he doesnt break out in a disgusting rash when sits around adoring his collection.  Hell, he probably lives in a plastic house and covers his furniture in plastic too.  8O

Could he possibly be an Acaeum member?  :wink:  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 am 

Yes, he is.
The anonymous ebay login is not really anonymous.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Yes, he is.
The anonymous ebay login is not really anonymous.

Sarcasm....wasted.  :(

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:19 pm 

Huge lot, ending in less than 4 hours and still cheap. Includes Kingdom of Kalamar 1st print booklets.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:38 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Includes Kingdom of Kalamar 1st print booklets.

Which I just happen to have received in the mail today.  Stumbled across a nice set on one of the used book sites for a reasonable price.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:55 am 

Superb lot of Balboa products:

i am really curious at how much the auction will end...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am 

TheHistorian wrote:But to pay that much for a SW copy, which obviously Frank couldn't have ever used, seems nuts.  Personally, I'd think an opened copy that had some notes from actual use would be much more interesting.  Of course, I don't really understand the SW mindset anyway...

I'd agree. For me, a copy owned by a gaming name from the past would HAVE to have their DNA, fingerprints (and notes preferably) to make me pay way over. I wouldn't pay any more for a SW copy of anything owned by them as I would if it were owned by Joe Schmo.

I'd love even an old battered gaming book owned by Frank for instance, but I know they'll never reach the shores over here for me to pick up.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 pm 

Take a look at the module I wrote and published.  On eBay just search for THE OLD WISH WELL.  Limited first print to only 50 copies.  Half of them are allready sold.  Also for sale is the second (revised) edition of my 2005 THE WELL FORGOTTEN,  this second printing (2012) is also limited to 50 copies.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 pm 

Friendly tip: there is a Classifieds section.  :D

viewforum.php?f=3

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

A copy of this arrived at my house today.

The Dragonraiders RPG:   $14.95   Free Shipping.   Shrinkwrap.  Multiple copies available.

This game was met with derision back in 1984, when it appeared on shelves in the $50 price range.  Non-Christian gamers were not interested in "The Exciting New Adventure Game for Courageous Christians," and Christian gamers were already plugged into D&D.  Also, by 1985, after the great devil scare, Christian D&D players had learned not to talk about their hobby at church.  Dragonraiders was doomed before it launched.  The price was too high and the market was not there.

BUT - If you check out this boxed set you find some real innovation inside.  The box includes a grid gameboard for setting up combat and stand-up cardboard miniatures to use in game play (long before these appeared in the Pathfinder boxed set).  There is a cassette tape in the box that explains the basic rules and sets up one of the adventures included in the box.  There are character sheets, four saddle-stitched rulebooks for various purposes and two modules.

"Will You Fight the Good Fight?"

All the smirking aside, it seems to me that Dragonraiders belongs on a collector's shelf.  At $14.95 and free shipping (for this rather large box), in shrinkwrap, it seems like a good purchase.

Looking objectively at this piece of RPG history....I'm not sad I picked up a copy at this price.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:38 am 

Alright you got me to bite..course I'll be de-shrinking this when I get it.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 am 

FormCritic wrote:There is a cassette tape in the box that explains the basic rules and sets up one of the adventures included in the box.

A what now?

:wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 am 

And you can still purchase the adventures from the publisher:

http://www.dragonraid.net/order?p_p_id= ... oryId=1002

A little on the pricey side for a couple of them but if you are a completist you dont normally ever see them on Ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:57 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And you can still purchase the adventures from the publisher:
http://www.dragonraid.net/order?p_p_id= ... oryId=1002

A little on the pricey side for a couple of them but if you are a completist you dont normally ever see them on Ebay.

According to a guy that answered the phone (number posted at web site) the box Set includes Three of the Five adventures that are available from the publisher.
Only parts 2 and 3 of the Moon Bridge thrilogy are not included; and those can be purchased together as a package at $22.95, plus shipping.
Individually those two adventures are $11.95 each.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:36 pm 

two interesting things about dragonraid: the good guys get to roll the crystalline d10 while the bad guys roll a black d8. secondly the "lightraiders" are supposed to quote biblical passages in order to "cast" their spells.

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 am 

MOURTAIR....  :lol:

Mountain of Mystery by Dimension Six.
Even with the spine looking a bit creased, the Starting price is just $5.99

Dadcaresforkids (the seller) is a member here I think... although mostly a lurker IIRC.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111