Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 111123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:58 am 

Jeffrey Dillow Lives!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:24 pm 

Grenadier 2nd version gold wizard mini @  

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:10 pm 

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:51 pm 

Since some of you were interested in seeing them, here are Domesday Books numbers 1-13.  Cheers!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:39 pm 

Now that's a heck of a picture!

Nice... Thanks for posting :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:40 pm 

That's a beautiful thing Scott. Well done.

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:56 pm 

Nice pic, thanks. Six originals as I'm fairly sure that's the #7 and one of the three #13s I had, fwiw. Looks like they're in good company now. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:31 am 

Melnibonean wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Since some of you were interested in seeing them, here are Domesday Books numbers 1-13.  Cheers!

Awesome 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:17 am 

As a nice chap on ebay directed me here, i thought i better advertise my copy of Owl & Weasel that is up for sale on eBay for another day and a half:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I do have some other newsletters and fanzines i am selling soon, but i'll go to the correct thread for those.

Thanks,

Mike.....

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:25 pm 

Gothnak wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:As a nice chap on ebay directed me here, i thought i better advertise my copy of Owl & Weasel that is up for sale on eBay for another day and a half:

#2-5 have been the rarest issues over the years - barely a couple in a decade on eBay for each of those - despite #1 going for the highest price (1,500 euros for a signed copy of the reprint, more than a decade ago). Starting the listing in a gaming category might've helped. :)

I don't have my copies on-hand just now but #4 is the first mention of D&D in a GW publication IIRC, with reference to the Cambridge University gaming club starting playing in 1974, rather than issue #5 as mentioned elsewhere...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:21 pm 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I don't have my copies on-hand just now but #4 is the first mention of D&D in a GW publication IIRC, with reference to the Cambridge University gaming club starting playing in 1974, rather than issue #5 as mentioned elsewhere...

I do have a #4 in front of me, and I'm not seeing any reference to dungeons, or dragons, or Cambridge, therein. Not even in the weird handwritten notice board, unless the script is less intelligible than I think.

Author of Playing at the World, The Elusive Shift, Game Wizards co-author of D&D Art & Arcana and Heroes's Feast

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:22 pm 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Gothnak wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:As a nice chap on ebay directed me here, i thought i better advertise my copy of Owl & Weasel that is up for sale on eBay for another day and a half:

#2-5 have been the rarest issues over the years - barely a couple in a decade on eBay for each of those - despite #1 going for the highest price (1,500 euros for a signed copy of the reprint, more than a decade ago). Starting the listing in a gaming category might've helped. :)

I don't have my copies on-hand just now but #4 is the first mention of D&D in a GW publication IIRC, with reference to the Cambridge University gaming club starting playing in 1974, rather than issue #5 as mentioned elsewhere...

Well considering I have two different close friends that see Steve and Ian every other week, maybe i should get them to sign it :p...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm 

increment wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I don't have my copies on-hand just now but #4 is the first mention of D&D in a GW publication IIRC, with reference to the Cambridge University gaming club starting playing in 1974, rather than issue #5 as mentioned elsewhere...

I do have a #4 in front of me, and I'm not seeing any reference to dungeons, or dragons, or Cambridge, therein. Not even in the weird handwritten notice board, unless the script is less intelligible than I think.

Thanks for checking. I didn't think there was a gap in the issues so it shouldn't be #3. Likewise, #5 is where the GW crew get on board, so I had that letter pinned down to #4 for some reason. Great timing to not have my copies on hand as it wouldn't normally be an issue to have a quick browse through before posting... :/
The only other option was that it was slightly later in response to D&D being mentioned and I'd backfilled that mentally.

Hey, ho. :)

(The rarity observation on eBay stands, regardless. Only #16-21 turn up at all "frequently" - i.e. just more than once a year - while the last few issues are more scarce, from having been distributed/thrown away at two cons in a row/caught up in the transition to WD, or whatever reason)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:31 am 

Good price for a Beasts Men & Gods

Same sellers has a few other interesting things (but expensive).

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:15 pm 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Nice pic, thanks. Six originals as I'm fairly sure that's the #7 and one of the three #13s I had, fwiw. Looks like they're in good company now. :)

Thank you and yes,  you are correct with the original count.  I purchased the 7 and 13 at the North Texas RPG con last year.  They complemented they collection quite well.  I would like to think they have made it to a good home.  :D   13s do seem to be more common.  I have an extra one of those myself.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:09 pm 

All four sets of the CDM series (but not the box version of Kasar-Khan).

Boxes look to be in very nice shape, although some of the maps have been separated.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:54 am 

not on ebay, but this seems to me a limited print DCC module

Myassari, Patron of Birth and Decay - Zine Edition, DCC RPG

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:17 pm 

Bracton wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:(but not the box version of Kasar-Khan)

*sigh*  It never is...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 111123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108109110111