Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 100 of 111123 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:23 am 

a couple of Hess Games up soon

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:40 pm 

A MEGA MEGA MEGA TRAVELLER LOT!!!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:35 pm 

beasterbrook wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:a couple of Hess Games up soon

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I would beware of these without closer scrutiny: they also have SageLore and WyrmWorks books, which (along with Hess) turned out to be copies when I bought them a few years ago.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm 

grodog wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
beasterbrook wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:a couple of Hess Games up soon

I would beware of these without closer scrutiny: they also have SageLore and WyrmWorks books, which (along with Hess) turned out to be copies when I bought them a few years ago.

Agree, I bought some of the fakes also. Still have them but they are not in my collection, figured they may be useful for play.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:16 pm 

If this was in better condition I would have bid.

...obviously if anyone here has one they could bear to part with, I would be pretty keen to trade / purchase  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:08 pm 

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:49 am 

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 am 

cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Wow, how big is that thing when assembled?

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:20 pm 

Big enough not to want that topple on your own PC by accident!
(Heh... I remember that one and the chicken dragon well :)).

==

etc.

Plenty competition on their recent Carcosa and LotFP, I see.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 am 

GameMaster Publications GM1 Flight Of Eagles

Actually the terrible global shipping program is selected. Since there is one bid, I think there is no mean to edit the shipping method now.
Very sadly the GSP has invaded Ebay UK.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 pm 

etc. (but no #1, of course ;))

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:40 am 

Arduin Adventure boxed set (not sure if it's complete ignoring dice or not, though):

WD#7:

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:07 am 

grodog wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Arduin Adventure boxed set (not sure if it's complete ignoring dice or not, though):

Thanks for the post, grodog!

Overall the BIN seemed pricey but I have never seen this for sale before and didn't have it so I went ahead and picked it up.

Based on the reviews at Zenopusarchives and RPG.net this set should contain a 64-page rulebook with all of the necessary rules (check), a couple or three character sheets (contained six), two sheets of magic item cards (check), and two 20-sided dice marked 1-10 twice, (only 1 die included, black, marked 1-10 twice).  

It's not obvious that the character sheets were pulled from a pad, they are identical to one another and clearly not copies (old parchment-like paper with green printing) so I have no explanation why there are discrepancies between each of the references above and the actual product I received. They are all in great shape and unmarked.

I consider the condition of the book used and very good versus fine or very fine only because the binding is not tight like it would be if it had never been opened and there are slight creases in the cover from being read not to mention some staple rust.  Still no writing or marks anywhere.  Box has a sticker and shows signs of wear but is still in one piece with much less dishing than I expected from the picture so seems to be in good condition.

For some reason the seller believed three hexagonal Avalon Hill Magic Realm game board tiles, a room tile from Games Workshop Dungeonquest, a random plastic token, and 4 random small counters from another Avalon Hill game might all be part of this game since they were also included in both the pictures and the box when it was delivered.  No big deal.

I still think it was on the high-side but it does have character. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:04 am 

WolfByte wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Thanks for the post, grodog!
Overall the BIN seemed pricey but I have never seen this for sale before and didn't have it so I went ahead and picked it up.

Very cool, WolfByte---it's always nice to know that someone from the site found a fun item after posting in one of these threads :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:59 pm 

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 pm 

cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

I like that "it appears to have most parts". Also a bit on the high side for price.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:36 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

I like that "it appears to have most parts". Also a bit on the high side for price.

Does anyone know if its complete or what it may be missing?

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:36 pm 

This is my auction and I looked high and low for info on this item- I couldn't find much and really couldn't even find a good inventory of what was suppose to come with it- I said it appears to come with most parts because I really dont know how many counters originally came with it, or which counters went with the supplement.  
The only clue I had to what actually came with it was the "Replacement Parts" list in the back of the booklet, which lists everything thats in there except for the Postal Play Forms Pad, which I don't think was used for regular play.

I really didn't want to say it was complete if I wasn't 100% sure it was.  Here is a pic of the page of the Rules Booklet that I referred to:

Attachment:
ReplacementParts.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 100 of 111123 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109110111