Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 111123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:06 am 

For FGU, yes there are also multiple prints for Aftermath, Bushido, Space Opera - some by other companies as well such as Phoenix Games (Aftermath), Tyr (Bushido).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 pm 

Strat is basically right on TW printings.  Here's a quick guide that might be a little easier to digest:

1st - lettering on back and sides is brown, back doesn't say second edition near the top, no white award circle on front, brown maps, contains two players' guides, personalities cover is purple, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have cardstock covers

2nd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, no white award circle on front, brown maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is purple, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have cardstock covers

3rd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is red, largest TW logo on box sides is on right (or you can think of it as the cover art being printed upside down), books have cardstock covers

4th - lettering on back and sides is black, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is blue, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have paper covers

Unfortunately there are still differences between the prints that I have, and what Hist. typed above. Namely my 3rd print box has black lettering on the sides and back, not brown. Also the Large Thieves World logo is on the left side, not the right. Lastly, from the outside of the box alone, the distinctions between a 3rd & 4th print are that in the 4th print the picture of Lythande on the back is blue, and in the bottom lower right is an inset box with a barcode.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:For FGU, yes there are also multiple prints for Aftermath, Bushido, Space Opera - some by other companies as well such as Phoenix Games (Aftermath), Tyr (Bushido).

Mars is there a link anywhere for info regarding the FGU sets? I've always been a BIG fan of FGU for some reason

thanks

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 pm 

Execpt Tome of Treasures, I'm not sure there is any place with printing infos.
Tome of Treasures :: View Forum - Fantasy Games Unlimited (FGU)

I have 2 prints of Aftermath (the Phoenix Games "transition" copy and the normal one), 2 of Space Opera (different covers), 2 of Gangbusters (the sole difference is the color of the box bottom, black or white), but I am sure the other boxed sets could have some variations too. Not clear variations, only small ones.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:also, are there multiple printings of tsr non D&D boxed sets? not editions per se, but does each edition have 1st, 2nd, etc, printings?

like boot hill, star frontiers, gamma world..

I know that some of the non D&D TSR box sets have multiple printings for only a single edition but only from what I own not detailed anywhere that I know of. I have two distinct printings of Star Frontiers Knight Hawks box set for example but they are both in shrink so I'm not even sure if it is explicitly stated as a x or y print inside. 1st edition of Gamma World had a few printings too I believe. Most others didn't or at least it is not obvious.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:40 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Execpt Tome of Treasures, I'm not sure there is any place with printing infos.
Tome of Treasures :: View Forum - Fantasy Games Unlimited (FGU)

I have 2 prints of Aftermath (the Phoenix Games "transition" copy and the normal one), 2 of Space Opera (different covers), 2 of Gangbusters (the sole difference is the color of the box bottom, black or white), but I am sure the other boxed sets could have some variations too. Not clear variations, only small ones.

I like the FGU stuff too and was working on putting together a list of printings but would have to go through some old harddrives to see if I can find it - I seem to think there are 3 printings of the Aftermath (that are fairly easy to identify), Space Opera has 2 different covers and again I think 2 variations on the 1st cover.  Swordbearer is another one that comes to mind with a couple different prints.

There are 2 different prints of the Chivalry & Sorcery and a couple prints of Chevalier (original and an anniversary edition).

I haven't noticed different printings of the modules (except for Aftermath) for these games but I'm sure they were printed more than once so might also have variations.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:50 pm 

cabala wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:also, are there multiple printings of tsr non D&D boxed sets? not editions per se, but does each edition have 1st, 2nd, etc, printings?

like boot hill, star frontiers, gamma world..

I know that some of the non D&D TSR box sets have multiple printings for only a single edition but only from what I own not detailed anywhere that I know of. I have two distinct printings of Star Frontiers Knight Hawks box set for example but they are both in shrink so I'm not even sure if it is explicitly stated as a x or y print inside. 1st edition of Gamma World had a few printings too I believe. Most others didn't or at least it is not obvious.

Yes, Star Frontiers and the SF Knight Hawks have different prints - I think SF has at least 3 prints.  Boot Hill and Top Secret and Gamma World have multiple prints as well.  Gamma World 1st edition has a lizard logo, wizard logo and face logo versions.  I have noticed different printing of some of the Gamma World and Top Secret modules as well.  Some of the SF modules can also be found as a hanger version.

A number of the TSR board games also have a few different prints - I think at last count there were about 13 different prints of Dungeon!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 pm 

A quick look on the shelf:

Top Secret has a Wizard logo and TSR step logo box (and then Top Secret SI)
Gangbusters has 2 prints of the boxed set (noticeable difference in colour of product code) and also a compiled book version
Boot Hill has 2 digest sized prints, Wizard logo box, woodgrain box, compiled book - I also thinking there must be 1 or 2 variations of the Wizard logo box
2 different version of Buck Rogers

For TSR Games
2 prints of Snits
2 of Camelot
3 of Lankhmar
3 of War of Wizards (plus a pre-TSR version)
3 or so of Tekumel
2 of Fight in the Skies
2 of 1099

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:11 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:There are 2 different prints of the Chivalry & Sorcery and a couple prints of Chevalier (original and an anniversary edition).

I guess more. I have 3 different prints of the 1E. I need to check for details (the more visible difference is the title or not on the side). I don't know for the boxed set.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Some of the SF modules can also be found as a hanger version.

Yeah I wish those popped up more often.   :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 pm 

The seller to check with on Ebay is Hamilcar.  That's where I got my set from and in the past he has listed several copies but I'm not sure about his current stock levels or pricing.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Historian wrote:Strat is basically right on TW printings.  Here's a quick guide that might be a little easier to digest:

1st - lettering on back and sides is brown, back doesn't say second edition near the top, no white award circle on front, brown maps, contains two players' guides, personalities cover is purple, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have cardstock covers

2nd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, no white award circle on front, brown maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is purple, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have cardstock covers

3rd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is red, largest TW logo on box sides is on right (or you can think of it as the cover art being printed upside down), books have cardstock covers

4th - lettering on back and sides is black, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is blue, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have paper covers

Unfortunately there are still differences between the prints that I have, and what Hist. typed above. Namely my 3rd print box has black lettering on the sides and back, not brown. Also the Large Thieves World logo is on the left side, not the right. Lastly, from the outside of the box alone, the distinctions between a 3rd & 4th print are that in the 4th print the picture of Lythande on the back is blue, and in the bottom lower right is an inset box with a barcode.

Sounds like you might be describing a fifth version - likely between my 3rd/4th.  Please compare with the points I listed.

EDIT:  Poked around on ebay, and I think I see what you're talking about.  Also Geraud has it pictured in the previous thread.  I'd place it at 3.5.  It sounds like the only difference between your two black texts is the blue lythande and UPC box on the later one.  Thus, I think the line up should now be:

1st - lettering on back and sides is brown, back doesn't say second edition near the top, no white award circle on front, brown maps, contains two players' guides, personalities cover is purple, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have cardstock covers, picture on back is also brown

2nd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, no white award circle on front, brown maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is purple, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have cardstock covers, picture on back is also brown

3rd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is red, largest TW logo on box sides is on right (or you can think of it as the cover art being printed upside down), books have cardstock covers, picture on back is also brown

4th - lettering on back and sides is black, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is blue, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have paper covers, picture on back is also black

5th - lettering on back and sides is black, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is blue, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have paper covers, picture on back is blue

See if that lines up with what you have.  If so, it sounds like you're missing a 3rd (in this new order) and I'm missing a 4th.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Last edited by TheHistorian on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Have the Call of Cthulhu ones been discussed somewhere before ? I'd be very interested to see those. (I will probably regret asking this if it turns out I'm missing a bunch of those boxes  :D  )

I'm going to make a DMG-like flow chart for that one...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 am 

TheHistorian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:3rd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is red, largest TW logo on box sides is on right (or you can think of it as the cover art being printed upside down), books have cardstock covers, picture on back is also brown

4th - lettering on back and sides is black, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is blue, largest TW logo on box sides is on left, books have paper covers, picture on back is also black

Looking through my copies and I have a 3rd print that differs for one thing:

3rd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is red, largest TW logo on box sides is on LEFT (instead of right) , books have cardstock covers, picture on back is also brown

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:21 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Looking through my copies and I have a 3rd print that differs for one thing:

3rd - lettering on back and sides is brown, back says second edition near the top, white award circle on front, black maps, contains one players' guide, personalities cover is red, largest TW logo on box sides is on LEFT (instead of right) , books have cardstock covers, picture on back is also brown

In my opinion, the ones on the right would just be variants, and not a separate printing.  That seems pretty clearly to be a printing error then.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:41 pm 

So we add printing errors as 3' variant?  :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:58 pm 

Paizo has launched their annual Great Golem sale... this time, the 3.5 PF modules are a buck, some Adventure Paths for $5, map folios and campaign guides for cheap too.  Plus the usual non-Paizo rpgs, miniatures, etc. etc.  Happy shopping!

Link:
http://paizo.com/store/sale/theGreatGol ... lishingLLC

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:36 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Paizo has launched their annual Great Golem sale... this time, the 3.5 PF modules are a buck, some Adventure Paths for $5, map folios and campaign guides for cheap too.  Plus the usual non-Paizo rpgs, miniatures, etc. etc.  Happy shopping!

Link:
http://paizo.com/store/sale/theGreatGol ... lishingLLC

Thanks for reminding me of this...I had a bit in my cart when I found out about this the other day...unfortunately, I forgot all about it. Half the things I had are now OOS. Oh well, Paizo thinks I still made out like a bandit :

"...
You've saved $166.39 off suggested retail—that's a 85% discount!
..."

;-)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 111123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 109110111