Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 111123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:42 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:i'm going to message them and tell them i'll send them the money to add the damn ZOOM function to their pictures!

I don't think that is a purchasable feature.  The images they uploaded for the auctions are simply low resolution.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:43 pm 

Does yours come with the original box?

TheHistorian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
JasonZavoda wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

That seems high.  But promising for when I sell mine - yay!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:11 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:i'm going to message them and tell them i'll send them the money to add the damn ZOOM function to their pictures!

I don't think that is a purchasable feature.  The images they uploaded for the auctions are simply low resolution.

is it not gallery plus that allows you to hold the cursor over the picture and it acts like a zoom making the areas bigger?

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:49 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:is it not gallery plus that allows you to hold the cursor over the picture and it acts like a zoom making the areas bigger?

I think that is only for the pictures when doing a search beside the auction listing one line versions - not when you are looking at the detailed page of a single auction.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:is it not gallery plus that allows you to hold the cursor over the picture and it acts like a zoom making the areas bigger?

I think that is only for the pictures when doing a search beside the auction listing one line versions - not when you are looking at the detailed page of a single auction.

picture has to be at least 1600 pixels in order for the hover zoom function to kick in

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:28 pm 

And for good measure (same seller; distinctly more scarce in 1st print, with errata)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:22 am 

those jumped in price after youse posted that faro! they'll wind up way out of my $$ range but i'll give it a swing.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:59 pm 

Nice listing (at least you get to see much of what is in the box set)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 pm 

Anyone here win this lot?

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

If so, and you don't want/need some of the items, please PM me.  I'm interested in some of them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:35 pm 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Nice listing (at least you get to see much of what is in the box set)

is this somehow different than other valley boxed sets? i won one in the shrink for less than $20 few months ago.......

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:00 am 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:is this somehow different than other valley boxed sets? i won one in the shrink for less than $20 few months ago.......

No need to ask that question, nor the reason why surely? :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 am 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
is this somehow different than other valley boxed sets? i won one in the shrink for less than $20 few months ago.......

Two bidders both wanted it. :)

Personally, I think it was in nicer condition than some of the ones that have been up recently. And more broadly, it is a somewhat quaint and interesting old rpg that is all too often undervalued, in as much as it can be hard to find complete with all the handouts and also with the (relatively fragile) box in good condition. You got a good deal (I think) on yours at $20 if it is NM condition.  But, as has been said here before many times, "value" with such small sample sizes is always relative and variable, viz. the above comment is an opinion and it is almost always possible to wait and get something cheaper... but then life is short :)

Here is another example …and also, to keep it relevant to this thread an interesting non-TSR item ~

This is another game that is interesting to read (I have never played it but it looks like it could be great fun), is out of print and not altogether common. Personally I think the price is about twice (or more) than what it "ought" to be (see points above!) … but it might be worth dropping him an email :)

Let's go fly a kite

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:45 pm 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

Two bidders both wanted it. :)

Personally, I think it was in nicer condition than some of the ones that have been up recently. And more broadly, it is a somewhat quaint and interesting old rpg that is all too often undervalued, in as much as it can be hard to find complete with all the handouts and also with the (relatively fragile) box in good condition. You got a good deal (I think) on yours at $20 if it is NM condition.  But, as has been said here before many times, "value" with such small sample sizes is always relative and variable, viz. the above comment is an opinion and it is almost always possible to wait and get something cheaper... but then life is short :)

Here is another example …and also, to keep it relevant to this thread an interesting non-TSR item ~

This is another game that is interesting to read (I have never played it but it looks like it could be great fun), is out of print and not altogether common. Personally I think the price is about twice (or more) than what it "ought" to be (see points above!) … but it might be worth dropping him an email :)

The copy I won wasn't NM, box lid had some dishing, it was in SW which I gladly took off to see the insides...which were complete. I had won the AH version from amandadub a year or more ago and as was the case with all her box sets it had 'extras' some of the Palladium stuff was inside (maps, illustrations) which I later sold on ebay for $10 I think

I don't have much NM anything in my collection. Never has been important to me to have the 'best' copies I can get. I'm the same with my comic book collection. I guess maybe because as a kid we didn't have the $$ so I had to settle for hand me downs from cousins/uncles or garage sale finds.

thanks for the reply

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:40 pm 

....it was in SW which I gladly took off to see the insides...which were complete.

Well done sir! That is what ought to be done to anything in shrinkwrap. Games have no business being all sealed up. :)

Let's go fly a kite

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm 

That is what should be done to anyone's second copy of something in shrinkwrap. Second copies have no business being all sealed up :-)

Shrink is not a condition

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:56 pm 

I had won the AH version from amandadub a year or more ago and as was the case with all her box sets it had 'extras' some of the Palladium stuff was inside (maps, illustrations) which I later sold on ebay for $10 I think

I'm confused - what did AH publish that was an updated version of Valley of the Pharaohs?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:26 am 

tool wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
I had won the AH version from amandadub a year or more ago and as was the case with all her box sets it had 'extras' some of the Palladium stuff was inside (maps, illustrations) which I later sold on ebay for $10 I think

I'm confused - what did AH publish that was an updated version of Valley of the Pharaohs?

sorry had a homer moment..doh!

it was source of the nile i bought from amandadub...it had some valley of pharohs items in the box

and now for the double DOH! it was Discovery Games 'Source of the Nile' i won for less than $20, not valley of the pharohs  :oops:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 111123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 109110111