Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:58 pm 

Forgot to post this while it was live. Of interest to us collectors of Call of Cthulhu ("Hoarders of Cthulhu" maybe, or "Stealers of Yog-Sothoth" perhaps...)

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 am 

Phantasy Conclave rpg:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 am 

vault keeper wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Phantasy Conclave rpg:

Too bad I missed that!

Who won it?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 pm 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Forgot to post this while it was live. Of interest to us collectors of Call of Cthulhu ("Hoarders of Cthulhu" maybe, or "Stealers of Yog-Sothoth" perhaps...)

Seems pretty high for a second printing.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:59 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Too bad I missed that!

Who won it?

mr l***l

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:11 pm 

TheHistorian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Forgot to post this while it was live. Of interest to us collectors of Call of Cthulhu ("Hoarders of Cthulhu" maybe, or "Stealers of Yog-Sothoth" perhaps...)

It would've been rather low for a first print in shrink, IMO.

Both of those appear to be rather more rare than they should be in SW for whatever reason. Either too good to have remained unplayed, or else have been demanded to be played... :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:05 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Very rare Overland Encounters cards, from Fantasy Factory (1978)
Ending very soon.

who won this? i had to quit at $60 cause I wanted some of the burntwire auctions

One of the usual suspects :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:53 am 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:It would've been rather low for a first print in shrink, IMO.

Both of those appear to be rather more rare than they should be in SW for whatever reason. Either too good to have remained unplayed, or else have been demanded to be played... :)

Indeed, early CoC, RQ, and Stormbringer in shrink do not show up much.  Chaosium made games that people wanted to play!  Or at least open and want to want to play...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:49 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:21 am 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
TheHistorian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

It would've been rather low for a first print in shrink, IMO.

:lol: ... "some alien power is insisting I remove the shrink wrap. .. I cannot resist... argh no! the horror!!!... "

I seem to recall that the print runs for early Chaosium box sets were 2,000 only. In part because the sets were relatively expensive to produce. That would make unplayed copies relatively rare now, 30+ years later. Anyone have any info? I cannot recall where I may have read the figure.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 pm 

Does anyone recall the number of signed and numbered copies of the CoC 1st printing?  That may provide a clue about the size of the total print run.  This info may already be detailed at Yog-Sothoth.com too, perhaps?

If not, we can certainly reach out to Sandy, Greg, Tadashi, or others for input.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:47 pm 

The Designer edition? IIRC 200.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:02 pm 

Yep, 200.  I have number 188.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:49 am 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I seem to recall that the print runs for early Chaosium box sets were 2,000 only. In part because the sets were relatively expensive to produce. That would make unplayed copies relatively rare now, 30+ years later. Anyone have any info? I cannot recall where I may have read the figure.

Don't recall every seeing print run numbers for any Chaosium items over the years (except those that were specifically limited, of course).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:52 pm 

TheHistorian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Don't recall every seeing print run numbers for any Chaosium items over the years (except those that were specifically limited, of course).

If the information is out there, I'd like to know about it. A low print run for the boxes could mean a lag in how fast these items became available to the average consumer. I've seen sources that date boxed RQ to 1981 rather than 1980, for instance.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:36 am 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:A low print run for the boxes could mean a lag in how fast these items became available to the average consumer. I've seen sources that date boxed RQ to 1981 rather than 1980, for instance.

The RQ 2E1p box has a late 1980 catalog.  Whether it actually hit shelves in 1980 or 1981... dunno.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 pm 

Surprised by the ending price, even if Esgaroth is one of the rarest T&T item...

www.ebay.com/itm/ESGAROTH-HERALD-Andrew ... 1392458558

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Surprised by the ending price, even if Esgaroth is one of the rarest T&T item...

o

i too was shocked  8O

I don't know much about T&T, is this a ultra rare item? I've only really collected the SOLO adventures and those have so many different printings....

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111