Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 111123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:35 pm 

Pretty uncommon limited Call of Cthulhu ruleset (the Hardback 5th Ed)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:55 pm 

ExTSR wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Remnants of Tablets not included.

that is...different..

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:24 am 

ExTSR wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Remnants of Tablets not included.

No prob; so long as the face-melting angels are still there, it can get the job done.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

This price also seems high (and the seller has 6 available)

Hello,
I just happened to come across this while researching. It is It was funny to see someone talking about something I had listed on eBay. There was only ever a couple listed on eBay and hard to even research in general online. When I originally started looking online there was only one I ever found sold on eBay and it sold for $60. I listed lower than that but still didn't price too low because of how hard it was for me to track down others when researching. Anyways I have sold a few since originally everyone was very happy to I am happy.

I was the only person who ever had multiple copies, is how I knew had to be mine being mentioned in this thread.It is funny it said 6 of them but originally I believe it was actually 10 I originally had. Only have 3 left now. They are not copies, though I could see why someone would think that due to the amount of them I had. See I buy estates, storage units etc. This was actually a bit of a sad situation the reason I wound up getting them along with a huge collection of comics and promos of those types of items that I still have most of simply because of my lack of knowledge about them and the vast amount of items there is. The person I purchased them from their brother had passed on and he was left with all of his brothers belongings including all these collections. His really rare items were separate and his brother had said he would be surprised if any of the items in the boxes were very collectible as his brothers really collectible ones were from how he made it sound kept separate.

Anyways.... this is how I wound up with so many of not just the Warriors of the Gray Queen module from the anniversary 25th (inquest exclusive) but many duplicates of other items especially promotional type items, I assume it had to do with how involved he was in the events he wound up with a lot of the items that were given at the events...

The link that was originally shared was old from 2013 and most of them have sold, only 3 left now listed on eBay.

If there is any information I am missing I would love to know about it. I did take many photos too in the listing so everyone could see and see up close to see exactly what they are. I just thought it was so funny to see something I had listed talked about on another site. I would link to the new listing but I am brand new here and do not know if it is even allowed and don't want to break any rules but if anyone has any info about this item I would be happy to hear it.

And promise I am 100% for real.... I know it must have looked weird that I had so many.

Kim :)
P.S. I wouldn't even reply except I saw original poster is still here and very active and knowledgeable. Thank you

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:59 pm 

pandora8776 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

Hello,
I just happened to come across this while researching. It is It was funny to see someone talking about something I had listed on eBay. There was only ever a couple listed on eBay and hard to even research in general online. When I originally started looking online there was only one I ever found sold on eBay and it sold for $60. I listed lower than that but still didn't price too low because of how hard it was for me to track down others when researching. Anyways I have sold a few since originally everyone was very happy to I am happy.

I was the only person who ever had multiple copies, is how I knew had to be mine being mentioned in this thread.It is funny it said 6 of them but originally I believe it was actually 10 I originally had. Only have 3 left now. They are not copies, though I could see why someone would think that due to the amount of them I had. See I buy estates, storage units etc. This was actually a bit of a sad situation the reason I wound up getting them along with a huge collection of comics and promos of those types of items that I still have most of simply because of my lack of knowledge about them and the vast amount of items there is. The person I purchased them from their brother had passed on and he was left with all of his brothers belongings including all these collections. His really rare items were separate and his brother had said he would be surprised if any of the items in the boxes were very collectible as his brothers really collectible ones were from how he made it sound kept separate.

Anyways.... this is how I wound up with so many of not just the Warriors of the Gray Queen module from the anniversary 25th (inquest exclusive) but many duplicates of other items especially promotional type items, I assume it had to do with how involved he was in the events he wound up with a lot of the items that were given at the events...

The link that was originally shared was old from 2013 and most of them have sold, only 3 left now listed on eBay.

If there is any information I am missing I would love to know about it. I did take many photos too in the listing so everyone could see and see up close to see exactly what they are. I just thought it was so funny to see something I had listed talked about on another site. I would link to the new listing but I am brand new here and do not know if it is even allowed and don't want to break any rules but if anyone has any info about this item I would be happy to hear it.

And promise I am 100% for real.... I know it must have looked weird that I had so many.

P.S. I wouldn't even reply except I saw original poster is still here and very active and knowledgeable. Thank you

Oh there was one thing I found weird the title I KNOW I put AD&D and here there was no & sign so there is always a possibility that someone copied my listing that was NOT for real. Mine were 100% real still are ... IF there is a chance someone used my photos or listing to do something crooked I would also be very interested in knowing if that is the case as well since the way the title was written in the post here was the one thing that was slightly different...

Thanks again
I am thenandagaintreasures if it was another seller it is not me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:21 pm 

Welcome Kim!

It is not super rare but it is an interesting curiousity, because it came in an issue of Inquest magazine and was never (officially) sold separately.  It was meant to be a prequel/add on to the just released Return to the Keep on the Borderlands.  I've had quite a few copies over the years (I have several now) and they usually pop up, as you say, when you buy other collections (and often not with the issue of Inquest they originally were sold with).  I'd say one of these new in shrink with the Inquest magazine would get a premium price, I think $50 is a little high (I've seen them go for as low as $5 and have bought a few copies at that price) but if you are getting that for them go for it (and you are undercutting the only other copy available on Ebay right now, which is always a good strategy).  Good luck!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:28 pm 

pandora8776 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

Hello,

If you are getting $60 a pop then that would seem to be the new selling price. There are 2 copies on ebay at the moment at $50 and $60 but no sales for any price on ebay for the last three months. The 7 copies you sold seem to have filled the recent demand.

EDIT: Ahh! My mistake, your's is the $50 copy.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:48 pm 

I'm not very convinced that $60 is the new "selling price" for these.

It seems like your last round of asking $30 didn't end up moving any copies:  

* Always interesting to see the strategy of didn't sell for $30 so lets raise the price to $50 - maybe the Acaeum effect will get it for you.

Also, Noble Knight has one for sale at $25 and they are fairly known as having prices that are 2X or 3X the going rate for items that are rare:  

I have had at least a half dozen of these as well.  I would say it is uncommon at best but realistically it is probably a common item just not within the RPG community.  It is a good example of how lack of knowledge really drives the price (sometimes high and sometimes low).  I have found a few copies of this one and others in the series at comic/CCG shops in the bargain bin for under $1 because the magazine they came with is not worth much and had a large print run so a number of stores have copies left over that didn't sell when it was released - it was a landmark issue #50, came in two different covers so probably had a much higher print run than other issues around that time.  A few years back Troll and Toad sold their overstock for about $5 an issue.

The trouble is that it was a promo in a magazine not really geared for RPG players so most copies are in the hands of CCG or computer game players who don't recognize that a small niche of RPG collectors want it.    The better way to search for this item is to basically look for copies of Inquest #50.

So you will see prices where they sell for $5 or less with the magazine or high prices where they don't.  Value also depends on whether you feel the item is complete without the magazine or not - the others in the series have content in the magazines so the promo item is useless without the magazine (IQ3 does not).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:39 pm 

Also interesting that this copy:  

is asking top dollar since it is "tightly in its shrink" - which I suspect is a re-shrink job.

If you found 10 copies (without the magazines) with a bunch of promo stuff, it sounds like these were given away at conventions.

So, high magazine print run and convention giveaway => lots of copies out there.

Could you post a link to your last sale at $60?

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I'm not very convinced that $60 is the new "selling price" for these.

* Always interesting to see the strategy of didn't sell for $30 so lets raise the price to $50 - maybe the Acaeum effect will get it for you.

Also, Noble Knight has one for sale at $25 and they are fairly known as having prices that are 2X or 3X the going rate for items that are rare:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/151341194233

I have had at least a half dozen of these as well.  I would say it is uncommon at best but realistically it is probably a common item just not within the RPG community.  It is a good example of how lack of knowledge really drives the price (sometimes high and sometimes low).  I have found a few copies of this one and others in the series at comic/CCG shops in the bargain bin for under $1 because the magazine they came with is not worth much and had a large print run so a number of stores have copies left over that didn't sell when it was released - it was a landmark issue #50, came in two different covers so probably had a much higher print run than other issues around that time.  A few years back Troll and Toad sold their overstock for about $5 an issue.

The trouble is that it was a promo in a magazine not really geared for RPG players so most copies are in the hands of CCG or computer game players who don't recognize that a small niche of RPG collectors want it.    The better way to search for this item is to basically look for copies of Inquest #50.

So you will see prices where they sell for $5 or less with the magazine or high prices where they don't.  Value also depends on whether you feel the item is complete without the magazine or not - the others in the series have content in the magazines so the promo item is useless without the magazine (IQ3 does not).

To be perfectly honest the prices on the ones I have sold have ranged. (I have best offer on all of my items) Highest I have gotten for one was I believe 39.95 + shipping (it was an international sale as well and the shipping almost matched the price it was crazy 20something for priority).

I have gone down into $20's though on them. One thing I have learned selling on eBay is to always watch what other sellers are listing for and a few rules to follow 1. Don't price WAY lower than the other sellers of your item, people will think automatically something is drastically wrong with your item to cause you do do this.  2. Don't shoot too high (unless your patient because eventually I have learned that everything sells, but are you willing to sit on it for a couple yrs while right person comes along) 3. Re-Check what is listed once in a while when it is an item that didn't have many or any listed to begin with.

eBay is such an odd selling format. You can get things that are worth a ton of money for next to nothing then on the other hand if nobody else happens to be listing what your selling you can practically ask anything you want for it and if that right person has money burning a hole in their pocket, you can sell it. It is where as a seller the supply & demand (the ebay way) works out really well sometimes. I once sold a blanket for 99.99$ that someone just wanted really bad for the print on it for a gift for someone. Not a collectible blanket just an interesting print.... I had the only one up at the time. I guess I could have went even higher but there is making a living, then there is highway robbery and well I am not a beast lol...

Yesterday I decided to do a little research to see if anything had changed with these as I was selling them (not steady obviously as I still have 3 out of an original I think it was 11 or possibly 12 cannot remember 100%). And they are not pristine in shrink wrap (there is even a very faint crease that I mention in listing) must have been how he stored them cause every one had it, barely noticeable but I always over describe to make sure, I know if I collect something I want every detail. Anyways..... rambling... point is in researching it is where I stumbled upon this group and saw about my item here... I was kind of shocked but that side of me going "hey I am for real I don't want people thinking I am making copies or something)" lol like it really would have mattered in the vast www. but just this quirk about me I had to come in and explain how I wound up with all of these.... :)

So I also found that one other person has it listed, but in shrink wrap. I like to test things. This is not an item that is paying the bills for my family by far, it has kind of been a fun one for me honestly. I mean just look at this, here I am on a board I had no idea existed and wouldn't have if not for these little modules. I decided to change price yesterday and just give a whirl, leaving my best offer and see what happens. I only have QTY of 1 on there but do have 3 left too. My curious mind at work just playing test the ebay scene again.... but honestly NO never have sold one that high. Highest was that one I mentioned most others were 29.95 even accepted a 20$ offer + shipping on one. Most sold internationally also, don't know if that has any bearing on why I get more than what someone mentioned above with the 5.00$ maybe because I ship worldwide? and of course the eBay audience I am sure helps.

Another little funny tidbit... I didn't believe this was a module when we first got all this stuff. Nope... I said no way. I played D&D (never was a collector or big time player just for fun with others who were really into it) but I did love it.... and going to be 40 in a couple years and STILL would love to play again... AD&D , not anything after all the changes...  but anyways I was like "this is way too tiny" LOL... I didn't even believe it was a module.

It has been nice meeting ya all. Thank You for the info. I will stop back and let you know what happens with them...

Kim

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:26 pm 

pandora8776 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:One thing I have learned selling on eBay is to always watch what other sellers are listing for and a few rules to follow 1. Don't price WAY lower than the other sellers of your item, people will think automatically something is drastically wrong with your item to cause you do do this.  2. Don't shoot too high (unless your patient because eventually I have learned that everything sells, but are you willing to sit on it for a couple yrs while right person comes along) 3. Re-Check what is listed once in a while when it is an item that didn't have many or any listed to begin with.

That is excellent advice for anyone selling on Ebay!

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:38 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I'm not very convinced that $60 is the new "selling price" for these.

Also, Noble Knight has one for sale at $25 and they are fairly known as having prices that are 2X or 3X the going rate for items that are rare:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/151341194233

Oh also you just explained a major mystery to me as well............ why this guy who had all these comics & major amount of gaming magazines had these AD&D things in there. Never made sense as there was nothing else geared toward AD&D pretty much everything BUT. All my other AD&D items I have sold came from other collections and just amazing finds where people sold me original monster manuals and players handbooks for a quarter at yard sales just mixed in with what they called "kids books".... lol.  - another thing about eBay - leads to learning something new all of the time. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 pm 

pandora8776 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Oh also you just explained a major mystery to me as well............  leads to learning something new all of the time. :)

I think that is why I like buying large lots - from a recent purchase, I am learning a lot about Warhammer and D&D 4e.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:25 pm 

cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I want this. :(

If you're interested in just the minis, you can buy a set from NK @  
and a slightly less expensive set is also now listed @  

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 am 

Uncommon game, it comes with the supplement and the price is definitely reasonable:

ciaooo

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:26 pm 

don't know anout stepping on peoples toes.. but you can pick up these 2 books (plus another) for $20.. World Action and Adventure Official Guide World Action and Adventure Actor's Book of Characters World Action and Adventure Animals and Geography

here..

http://paizo.com/store/sale/americanEag ... orporation

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:06 am 

The "rarest" item is the boxed set. Not a lot for sale these 10 last years.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:15 pm 

there was a boxed set for sale last month (and irt had been relisted) had some damage to the box though.. thought I'd wait for another;)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 111123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 109110111