Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 111123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:21 am 

I'm just messing around, I knew he meant the plural.
I don't know why I have a soft spot for DragonLord. I think it might be Wee Warriors in general. Misty, Dwarven, Vamp, they are all cheesy classics.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:05 am 

A good BIN for Burnt Offerings:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:53 am 

Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:A good BIN for Burnt Offerings:

You mean Burnwire Bros. will bid $1000 for it?  ...Oh right, you meant the title.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:06 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:A good BIN for Burnt Offerings:

You mean Burnwire Bros. will bid $1000 for it?  ...Oh right, you meant the title.

Sorry don't collect Pathfinder items  :lol:

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:52 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I remember a little while back the fakes of Victorious German Arms and fake Warriors of Mars were all over the place - someone on Abebooks had 10+ copies of each, they were on Amazon, etc.

dumb question here but how do you discern fakes from originals? i've wondered if some of the items I've purchased were fakes.

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:00 pm 

dwarf wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Never seen this D&D Tablecloth before.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Why can't I ever find this kind of stuff? Aaaargh! I want a tablecloth and beach towels! Double Aaargh! I did however pick up 4 different D&D candy boxes the other day on the Bay. Quite pleased to add them to my meager collection

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:52 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I remember a little while back the fakes of Victorious German Arms and fake Warriors of Mars were all over the place - someone on Abebooks had 10+ copies of each, they were on Amazon, etc.

dumb question here but how do you discern fakes from originals? i've wondered if some of the items I've purchased were fakes.

In this case, you can tell because of the brand new staples, cheap paper (you can see the text of the interior pages through the cover - an original would have used a cardstock) and general wear/discolouration.

In other cases, fakes are often simply black ink on white or coloured cardstock where originals have colour covers.

In other cases, you can see remnants of the scanning & reprinting process - sometimes a faint black line at the bottom or black specs printed on the cover - that represent the edge of the page or a stain or mark.  Or some black dots printed near the spine where the staples should be, etc.

In a more detailed examination, there are usually differences in paper quality and if you look at the ink patterns under magnification, there are clear differences between old printed copies and new laser printed or photocopies.

I have bought about a dozen items that I thought were originals but am now convinced they are fakes.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:54 am 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

I posted some A/B pics of VGA if you're interested in seeing on those @ Re: photocopied Victorious German Arms and copies/fakes rese and we had some other threads about fakes in general, too.  Other fakes that Mark and I emailed in the past few years about included a number of Hess Games items, too.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:10 pm 

Great assortment of mostly non-TSR stuff ending SOON at AWESOME prices  8O

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:10 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:First!   :)

Last item up for discussion:

i know this is a old post but i've bought lots from amanda. for those of you who don't know it's an interesting story concerning the items she has

her uncle bought anything and everything to do with gaming, subscribed to newsletters, fanzines, everything

after he passed away the family started going through his house, in the attic were boxes and boxes and boxes of gaming items. before amanda realized what they had some other family members had thrown away several boxes!!!

anyways, she's easy to deal with and recently told me she still has tons and tons of stuff to sell...he also bought comics and books and kept all of them

she said she was just burnt out when it came to ebay. i told her i would gladly consign her items for the paltry pittance of hand-picking what I wanted! lol.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:15 am 

LOL

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon May 26, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:41 am 

John, I'm pretty sure you've mixed up sellers.  I've bought a number of items from amandadub, as have others here, and I haven't heard anything bad about her at all.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:49 am 

Yes, you are right....
I too have bought loads from her and never had a problem and recalled that after posting.
I actually thought I deleted that post...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:23 pm 

I've bought a few items too (outbid on several more).  I'm guessing that she turned down your offer?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:37 am 

she said she had several people look at and make offers to 'buy' the collection but they were low low ball offers. and yes unfortunately she turned down my offer as well. lol.

i would have loved to just been able to open the boxes and look at the goodies inside. i'd felt like the Goonies!

she's a really nice gal, like many members here i've bid and lost on several things i wish i could have held in my hands. and bought more than a fair share of things I didn't really need. (wargaming) and wound up selling on the Bay at a loss or for what I paid (the ball & chain, excuse me..the Wife) said it was time for some junk to go. lol

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:20 pm 

Came across this "fun" item that I thought to share ;-)

Thanks - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:24 pm 

Seems a little high on price, but its a decent kids game. Its a nice way to introduce your children to the concepts of how far to they want to press their luck. I think I got mine for $12+8 shipping or something close to that. If you're wanting it for adults, I would pass ;-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 am 

PM-Knight wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Came across this "fun" item that I thought to share ;-)

Thanks - Paul

We picked that game up at a Grage Sale a few years ago (for much less than that.)  The whole family (including both a 15 yaer old and a 5 year old) enjoy playing.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 111123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 109110111