Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:55 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

ImageLascia lente le briglie del tuo ippogrifo, o Astolfo,
sfrena il tuo volo dove più ferve l'opera dell'uomo.
Però non ingannarmi con false immagini
ma lascia che io veda la verità
e possa poi toccare il giusto.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:27 pm 

Not on ebay, but for those of us who collect minis (must be a few here) and are fans of Reaper and/or Sophie, Reapercon was last weekend and a few of their Swag Bags are still available:

Reaper Miniatures :: OnlineStore

And or course, the limited Reapercon mini this year (Cowgirl Sophie!):

Free shipping on orders over $35.  Not for everyone of course, but just a heads up because when they're gone...

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Not on ebay, but for those of us who collect minis (must be a few here) and are fans of Reaper and/or Sophie, Reapercon was last weekend and a few of their Swag Bags are still available:

And or course, the limited Reapercon mini this year (Cowgirl Sophie!):

Free shipping on orders over $35.  Not for everyone of course, but just a heads up because when they're gone...

They rasied the price, they were only $15.00 at the show and you got one free in the swag bag!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:08 am 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Pretty much as expected, sorry to say.

Early RM is badly undervalued/underrated in general. When a relative rarity is listed - and in this case it is not so much the books as the fine condition box, many/most of which were cut up - the ending price appears rather depressing vs. a so-so run-of-the-mill TSR mod or similar.

This other seller couldn't even get $9.99 for their box with extras, which despite the considerable additional shelf wear is still holding out not too badly considering how fragile these are;

Well, when you message them to ask if it's complete (can't tell from the picture) and they don't respond, you're not going to get any bidders.  I'm interested but only if it's complete.

~throwi

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:40 pm 

dwarf wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
I was referring to this program as well when I stated International Priority Shipping :) I should have better explained.
I will never buy again to a seller who use this program.

Agree !!
Just got a parcel shipped with this system from the USA, it is not faster than a direct shipment with USPS and it is a theft !! 8O
The import taxes you have to pay when ordering are just insane. :evil:
Several times I tried to ask a seller to change this shipping method to USPS. One seller said it was impossible, or maybe it is just not easy for a seller not used to Ebay to do so.
I decided not to bid.
I guess that Ebay makes a lot of money with this shipping program.

Well, I can tell you I won't ship overseas without using it.  Unless the items is selling for 100s, it just isn't worth it.  Perfect example, I drive to my Post Office, I now have 20 minutes invested, now I stand for up to an hour in line (only one of the tellers accept overseas packages, then I fill out a form go through the hassle of figuring out the postage (boy, hope I got that right when I quoted it) then I send it and drive 20 minutes back.  I have at least an hour and maybe more invested in this.  Sorry, I don't make minimum wage, not worth it.  Ebay won't allow you to charge and extra handling fee for overseas orders so this is about the only reasonable way.  
Just like I won't ship other than "if it fits, it ships".  One buyer insisted he wanted media mail if he was going to bid.  Okay, so you want me to give up: provided packaging, free tracking and free insurance, so you can save $2 on a $8 item?  "Don't bid".
I'm not a business and I don't need the money.  I'm just trying to get rid of extra stuff in a way that balances convenience and profit.

MT

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm 

Why don't you simply use the Flat Rate envelopes and boxes for worldwide and print the shipping at home?  I think in the US, the mailman will even pick these up from your house so you don't even have to go to the post office.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:10 pm 

Well, let's see, today I decided to be nice and send it "normal" mail to someone in Canada to combine their shipping.  Spent a good 10 minutes figuring out how to fill out the form.  Reached the end to buy postage, website crashed.  Tried to do a "back" but kicked me back to the beginning, tried a second time, would not allow me to "add an item" into the customs form.  Shut down browser, start again, finish filling out form, now watching the little wheel spin on the USPS site again.  Yeah, this is totally worth it.  Thinking of just ditching the whole "international" option and just going back to only the US of A.  If I was a business seller selling the same items over and over again, this would be okay as I could standardize and increase sales, but for this type of stuff, it's a gigantic p*** in the a** for an average transaction of $8 for non-repeating items.  If I can't jam it in an envelope and slap a label on it, it is a minimum wage job.

MT

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 am 

macteets wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Well, let's see, today I decided to be nice and send it "normal" mail to someone in Canada to combine their shipping.  Spent a good 10 minutes figuring out how to fill out the form.  Reached the end to buy postage, website crashed.  Tried to do a "back" but kicked me back to the beginning, tried a second time, would not allow me to "add an item" into the customs form.  Shut down browser, start again, finish filling out form, now watching the little wheel spin on the USPS site again.  Yeah, this is totally worth it.  Thinking of just ditching the whole "international" option and just going back to only the US of A.  If I was a business seller selling the same items over and over again, this would be okay as I could standardize and increase sales, but for this type of stuff, it's a gigantic p*** in the a** for an average transaction of $8 for non-repeating items.  If I can't jam it in an envelope and slap a label on it, it is a minimum wage job.

Don't get out of the boat.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:17 am 

If you are shipping to Canada, use one of the Priority Flat Rate Envelopes or Boxes.  First Class shipping doesn't seem much cheaper these days.

I usually print shipping directly through Paypal and it takes about 2 minutes or less.  All of the address information and customs details are filled in automatically.  I fill in package size and weight, choose the shipping option, choose gift/sale (now enter an HS Tarrif code of 490199) and done, print.  For drop off, I go to the post office, walk past the line and leave the packages on the counter for them to process when they have time because they are postage paid.  I can't imagine how much time I would waste standing in line at the post office behind people paying for postage there.

It sounds like you are not very computer savy so maybe it just isn't for you - you might consider only shipping within the US and click that setting in your Ebay account so people outside the US can't even send you a message.  I would probably stop offering the Ebay Global Extortion Program.  You might think that you are at least still offering a service that will get them the item (that is what Ebay wants you to think) but I think the general mentality is as follows:

1) No international buyer with any experience is happy with this option
2) Anyone new who tries this option will not be happy with it

Ultimately, the person who is going to leave you feedback at the end is not happy or you have to deal with people asking you to use shipping options you aren't comfortable with.

But cutting out International sales is a huge piece of the marketplace - about 25% of my sales are to people outside of North America.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:41 pm 

macteets wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Well, let's see, today I decided to be nice and send it "normal" mail to someone in Canada to combine their shipping.  Spent a good 10 minutes figuring out how to fill out the form.  Reached the end to buy postage, website crashed.  Tried to do a "back" but kicked me back to the beginning, tried a second time, would not allow me to "add an item" into the customs form.  Shut down browser, start again, finish filling out form, now watching the little wheel spin on the USPS site again.  Yeah, this is totally worth it.  Thinking of just ditching the whole "international" option and just going back to only the US of A.  If I was a business seller selling the same items over and over again, this would be okay as I could standardize and increase sales, but for this type of stuff, it's a gigantic p*** in the a** for an average transaction of $8 for non-repeating items.  If I can't jam it in an envelope and slap a label on it, it is a minimum wage job.

A flat rate envelope and shipping filled out online (where you can just check a few boxes for the custom form) is the way to go, but if you are only selling an occassional $8 item you might now mess with international sales at all.   As for the extra charge for handling, I have been charging it for over a decade....if the flat rate fee is $20 just charge $21 in the shipping, easy.  Again, though, I wouldn't jump through too many hoops for sales under $10, USA or international.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:43 pm 

Badmike wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:A flat rate envelope and shipping filled out online (where you can just check a few boxes for the custom form) is the way to go,

Are you using Ebay, Paypal or USPS.com online?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:38 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Why don't you simply use the Flat Rate envelopes and boxes for worldwide and print the shipping at home?  I think in the US, the mailman will even pick these up from your house so you don't even have to go to the post office.

For convenience, this is the way to go. But it is critically important to check shipping rates for international shipping as the flat rate stuff is extremely expensive.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:50 pm 

Mars wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Badmike wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:A flat rate envelope and shipping filled out online (where you can just check a few boxes for the custom form) is the way to go,

Are you using Ebay, Paypal or USPS.com online?

Usually Ebay, but you also can also fill out the customs sheet online if you use Paypal or USPS.com online (it's part of the shipping label). You just check the boxes, and when you print out the mailing label, sign and date the bottom, easy as pie.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:39 am 

Sorry, is this the right place or i should post this in the silliest price thread?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:22 pm 

Goodwill's knocking this one out of the park.  Somebody's mom, emptying out the kid-now-adult's old bedroom closet...

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:39 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
PM-Knight wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Nice looking copy of Beastlord ... unpunched  PDT_Armataz_01_05

The seller accepted a $30 offer on DragonLord ... just an FYI.

GodDAMNIT, don't do that! There is a difference between DragonLord and The DragonLords. You gave me a heart attack! :)

Hi Deadlord,

I'm sorry about that ... the typo I mean ... I should have written "The DragonLords"  PDT_Armataz_01_12

Here are two others listed for $45 (without counters) and $65 (complete with un-punched counters), respectively or should I say respectfully  PDT_Armataz_01_25

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Good hunting - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:42 pm 

Ooops ... one more  :wink:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 pm 

PM-Knight wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Ooops ... one more  :wink:

I think he means this one:  
Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Dragonlord (1977)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111