Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 111123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 am 

Oops. My mistake, I was not referring to a specific means of posting (I have no view on that), but the special ebay global shipping programme - which effectively halted at a stroke most of my US purchases.  I think recently they may be trying to make it better, but I also notice (anecdotally) that fewer sellers are using it, so perhaps it has not been that "useful" after all.

More broadly I have been buying and selling rpgs since 2000 and I think I have only had one item go astray from the US in that time. Your international postal service seems generally pretty robust (as is the Royal Mail).

...and while I am reminiscing I have only even been ripped off a few times in that period. The worst was a total rookie error when I paid for a high-end MERP book by bank transfer (horror!!!) to Germany.  Haha!  :lol:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 am 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Oops. My mistake, I was not referring to a specific means of posting (I have no view on that), but the special ebay global shipping programme - which effectively halted at a stroke most of my US purchases.  I think recently they may be trying to make it better, but I also notice (anecdotally) that fewer sellers are using it, so perhaps it has not been that "useful" after all.

More broadly I have been buying and selling rpgs since 2000 and I think I have only had one item go astray from the US in that time. Your international postal service seems generally pretty robust (as is the Royal Mail).

...and while I am reminiscing I have only even been ripped off a few times in that period. The worst was a total rookie error when I paid for a high-end MERP book by bank transfer (horror!!!) to Germany.  Haha!  :lol:

That Global shipping program is a default when selling so if you don't use a template or remember to remove it for every item you sell then you get tagged with it for your USA auction. I bet a lot of small sellers don't even know they have it and there is no explanation about the end cost for customers.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:36 am 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Oops. My mistake, I was not referring to a specific means of posting (I have no view on that), but the special ebay global shipping programme - which effectively halted at a stroke most of my US purchases.  I think recently they may be trying to make it better, but I also notice (anecdotally) that fewer sellers are using it, so perhaps it has not been that "useful" after all.

Ok, cool...yeh tha EGSP sucks hard balls.  The Ebay Global shipping crap is terrible and you have to remove it because (as Jason says) it's the default shipping, since I've edited all my listings in Turbo Lister, it's gone forever from my listings.  I cannot even pull it up just now when I tried to see what they would charge on certain listings...

Also, if you insure items, pay attention because Ebay has placed "Shipcover Insurance" (not USPS insurance) as the default insurance listing,  Shipcover Insurance is terrible and requires you to go through a third party to get your item paid for in case of damage or loss....pay attention if you sell something in the USA and want to buy additional insurance that you click the right arrow.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:44 pm 

Nice chat for a separate thread.

Meanwhile...

A touch worn but unpunched inside.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:21 pm 

Is the Mayfair Invincible Overlord setting worth picking up?

Here is a box set in shrink (low start auction, not one of the many BINs) with 2 days to go.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:43 pm 

Badmike wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Ok, cool...yeh tha EGSP sucks hard balls.  The Ebay Global shipping crap is terrible and you have to remove it because (as Jason says) it's the default shipping, since I've edited all my listings in Turbo Lister, it's gone forever from my listings.  I cannot even pull it up just now when I tried to see what they would charge on certain listings...

I was referring to this program as well when I stated International Priority Shipping :) I should have better explained.
I will never buy again to a seller who use this program.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:18 pm 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Is the Mayfair Invincible Overlord setting worth picking up?

Here is a box set in shrink (low start auction, not one of the many BINs) with 2 days to go.

I'm going to say no. All the Mayfair City State stuff is absolutely boring, unmemorable and unessential.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:20 pm 

Badmike wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
red_bus wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Is the Mayfair Invincible Overlord setting worth picking up?

I'm going to say no. All the Mayfair City State stuff is absolutely boring, unmemorable and unessential.

Mike B.

People still buy it though because they don't know what crap Mayfair came out with in their version of this legendary supplement.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

I was referring to this program as well when I stated International Priority Shipping :) I should have better explained.

Agree !!
Just got a parcel shipped with this system from the USA, it is not faster than a direct shipment with USPS and is is a theft !! 8O
The import taxes you have to pay when ordering are just insane. :evil:
Several times I tried to ask a seller to change this shipping method to USPS. One seller said it was impossible, or maybe it is just not easy for a seller not used to Ebay to do so.
I decided not to bid.
I guess that Ebay makes a lot of money with this shipping program.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am 

dwarf wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:I guess that Ebay makes a lot of money with this shipping program.

Essentially, this is the whole reason behind it.  They charge extra handling fees to more than cover the labour and also always charge the import taxes & duties which they get to keep a portion.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:11 pm 

dwarf wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

Agree !!
Just got a parcel shipped with this system from the USA, it is not faster than a direct shipment with USPS and is is a theft !! 8O
The import taxes you have to pay when ordering are just insane. :evil:
Several times I tried to ask a seller to change this shipping method to USPS. One seller said it was impossible, or maybe it is just not easy for a seller not used to Ebay to do so.
I decided not to bid.
I guess that Ebay makes a lot of money with this shipping program.

It's really not that hard to ship international, but I suspect most sellers who don't usually do overseas shippings get confused and just take the easiest option.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:33 pm 

Nice looking copy of Beastlord ... unpunched  PDT_Armataz_01_05

The seller accepted a $30 offer on DragonLord ... just an FYI.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:36 am 

Never seen this D&D Tablecloth before.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:41 am 

dwarf wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Never seen this D&D Tablecloth before.

That's the usual one, from Reed, with Strongheart & Warduke.
Wish there had been one with Sutherland's art (like the beach towel) prior.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:36 pm 

ExTSR wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
dwarf wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Never seen this D&D Tablecloth before.

That's the usual one, from Reed, with Strongheart & Warduke.
Wish there had been one with Sutherland's art (like the beach towel) prior.

Yes, I have one like the one in the listing above in Shrink Wrap as well.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 pm 

Yeah, this guy must have found a box of them.  He has been selling them for a while now.  I picked up one several months ago.

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:26 pm 

cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Yeah, this guy must have found a box of them.  He has been selling them for a while now.  I picked up one several months ago.

I bet they had these at party stores.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:41 pm 

PM-Knight wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Nice looking copy of Beastlord ... unpunched  PDT_Armataz_01_05

The seller accepted a $30 offer on DragonLord ... just an FYI.

GodDAMNIT, don't do that! There is a difference between DragonLord and The DragonLords. You gave me a heart attack! :)

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 111123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 109110111