Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 111123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 am 

I remember a seller on ebay who was selling 10 boxes of Witch Hunt, all mint in SW. I bought 2. I hesitated to by all the boxes considering the price: $4 each.  Too bad I didn't do this...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 am 

grodog wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:NK has 2 copies of Witch Hunt (Statcom 1983) available for $125 each (one's in better shape than the other), in case anyone's interested: Noble Knight Games Full Inventory - Witch Hunt

Divide by the standard NKG adjustment matrix and you get in the $30-60 range, which is more realistic for this.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:

Nothing interesting here. You have to look elsewhere.

Oh look! A "1st" print Buffalo Castle!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:The seller's statement that "this belongs in your collection!!!" has implications, seeing as the mold might spread to the rest of your books. Malicious intent? What does this dude have against our collections?

Heh... well, there weren't any bids on that seller's other interesting items when I waved the red flag and there are obvious signs of discoloration due to poor storage elsewhere on the "important" ones. Maybe section those off if anyone here wins them, just in case? :)

==
Interesting glitch there, Scott; "ended     Tomorrow  2:13am CEST"?

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 pm 

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:40 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I was curious to see how the newly-discovered Tadashi effect might distort the final values, but that wasn't quite as bad as expected.
Aaron (Noble Knight) has had copies of these issues stuck on his site for a few years (and for the next 45 minutes?) which explains why they're cheaper than the auctions, and given that Tadashi's "near mint" includes mailing folds, creases, etc., the difference in condition shouldn't be as much as it seems on paper.

If anyone has duplicate copies going spare I'll list mine, fwiw... [edit] over here.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:24 am 

Nice early Runequest supplement.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm 

I have to say that I thought it would go for a little more for the shape that it was in:

MT

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:27 pm 

Rolemaster prices are typically low (compared with MERP) and Arms Law/Claw Law seems like it was so massively produced is so many versions that the material themselves don't have much value.

Also, the RPG market is still a bit soft (IMO) so if you want a good price, listing good collectibles with BIN prices is the way to go - find the 1 person who is willing to pay the price rather than 2 to bid each other up.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 am 

Pretty much as expected, sorry to say.

Early RM is badly undervalued/underrated in general. When a relative rarity is listed - and in this case it is not so much the books as the fine condition box, many/most of which were cut up - the ending price appears rather depressing vs. a so-so run-of-the-mill TSR mod or similar.

This other seller couldn't even get $9.99 for their box with extras, which despite the considerable additional shelf wear is still holding out not too badly considering how fragile these are;

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:38 am 

These are kind of rare I believe...

The Unspeakable Oath for Call of Cthulhu

]e

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:13 am 

cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:These are kind of rare I believe...

The Unspeakable Oath for Call of Cthulhu

]e

You do see fewer of the digest-sized early Unspeakable Oaths around these says.  For info. issue #2 is the hardest to find in print (I think it had the smallest print run).

Also after many years where the magazine had halted (issue 16/17 was the last, and came out about 2000), they have returned to print and are regularly writing and putting out new issues, I think they are up to issue 23 now  :)

The Unspeakable Oath | A Digest of Arcane Lore for Cthulhu Mythos Roleplaying Games

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:46 pm 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:This other seller couldn't even get $9.99 for their box with extras, which despite the considerable additional shelf wear is still holding out not too badly considering how fragile these are;

And the seller is using the International Priority Shipping, which is a high robbery and no international buyer will bid as soon as a seller is using this shipping program.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:26 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:And the seller is using the International Priority Shipping, which is a high robbery and no international buyer will bid as soon as a seller is using this shipping program.

I pretty much agree with this.

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:18 pm 

Unless the item is a single sheet, map or paperback I only use Priority international and have hundreds of sales overseas. Its the only method that will insure me full refund from ebay/paypal if the item is lost or damaged, and it's essential if you're mailing to countries with terrible mailing service (Greece, Brazil, Italy, etc).  Plus it has tracking which can calm a buyer down when (like right now) I've sent an item overseas and it's been stuck in Chicago for weeks, otherwise there is no proof you've mailed the item, and they'll just demand a refund.  Send something with no priority mail means no tracking and no insurance, and I'm out of pocket if the item is lost, damaged, or the buyer just feels like messing with me....no thanks!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:56 pm 

Badmike wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Unless the item is a single sheet, map or paperback I only use Priority international and have hundreds of sales overseas. Its the only method that will insure me full refund from ebay/paypal if the item is lost or damaged, and it's essential if you're mailing to countries with terrible mailing service (Greece, Brazil, Italy, etc).  Plus it has tracking which can calm a buyer down when (like right now) I've sent an item overseas and it's been stuck in Chicago for weeks, otherwise there is no proof you've mailed the item, and they'll just demand a refund.  Send something with no priority mail means no tracking and no insurance, and I'm out of pocket if the item is lost, damaged, or the buyer just feels like messing with me....no thanks!

Mike B.

100% truth. Everything you ship overseas on eBay, if you don't use Priority Mail, you shouldn't expect to keep your money. I'll send something to a fellow Acaeumite regular mail overseas, but not on eBay.

Zen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 pm 

Zenfinite wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Badmike wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Unless the item is a single sheet, map or paperback I only use Priority international and have hundreds of sales overseas. Its the only method that will insure me full refund from ebay/paypal if the item is lost or damaged, and it's essential if you're mailing to countries with terrible mailing service (Greece, Brazil, Italy, etc).  Plus it has tracking which can calm a buyer down when (like right now) I've sent an item overseas and it's been stuck in Chicago for weeks, otherwise there is no proof you've mailed the item, and they'll just demand a refund.  Send something with no priority mail means no tracking and no insurance, and I'm out of pocket if the item is lost, damaged, or the buyer just feels like messing with me....no thanks!

Mike B.

100% truth. Everything you ship overseas on eBay, if you don't use Priority Mail, you shouldn't expect to keep your money. I'll send something to a fellow Acaeumite regular mail overseas, but not on eBay.

Zen

Ditto what Zen said, if I know you, no problem.  But random dudes on Ebay, no way.  I am going through a mess now with a guy in Brazil (over $200 in modules that haven't arrived after 2 months) and the only thing saving my bacon is I sent them priority mail and have tracking available.  I suspect if I hadn't sent them priority he'd already have demanded (and gotten) his money back.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 111123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 109110111