Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 111123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:31 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 am 

JasonZavoda wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Hmm...  This might be good deal for the right collector.  I would have rather seen it as an auction though.

I doubt he would get that price at auction.

I think that's been up for at least a year now, at about that price.  So NK isn't getting it as a BIN either.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 pm 

Bracton wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
JasonZavoda wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
I doubt he would get that price at auction.

I think that's been up for at least a year now, at about that price.  So NK isn't getting it as a BIN either.

At most it has cost him $6 to list for the year and probably less than that for someone with a store. It works as advertising for him and he can't replace it (and doesn't need the money).

Years and years ago I did toy conventions and one of the things I had was a huge model of R2-D2 which I continually received offers for at every show. I set it at the corner of my table and it drew in people  at every show. It was worth far more to me as a draw than the offers I received for it. As a seller (rather than a collector selling their collection) not only is the draw important but you have to consider the cost to restock an item. He is waiting for the right customer.

Personally I feel that the RPG collectibles market will cool off when our generation of gamers stops buying but there will always be something of a market for them. I think NK is safe hanging onto this for the next 5 or 10 years without it losing its value so no rush for him to part with it unless he needs the money.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm 

I've lost track of which items Aaron is actually still selling on behalf of other individuals but there have been a few higher price-tag listings in that category.

Agreed; a good draw for other sales, especially given the difficulty in stating definitively that a "unique" item is "overpriced". Anyhow, all it takes is one (new) buyer with very deep pockets for whatever reason, as has happened on various occasions before.

I do know there are other relative rarities where Aaron deliberately prices on the high side because he doesn't really want to sell such "draw" items unless a really good price is obtained. Personally I preferred the old "sell 'em quickly" approach for those but that goes without saying. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm 

I get the draw of having an R2-D2 at a convention booth.  I also understand that for the cost, Aaron doesn't really lose much by keeping the listing up for a long time.  What I don't see is the draw, for NK, of having some obscure rare items at very high prices on eBay or a website.  Does having the original Inferno manuscript really draw buyers to his website or eBay store?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm also not in retail.

Now, if Aaron is selling this on consignment, and the seller will only part with it for a given price, that I do understand.  I just think the seller may be a bit on the optimistic side.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 pm 

Bracton wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:What I don't see is the draw, for NK, of having some obscure rare items at very high prices on eBay or a website.  Does having the original Inferno manuscript really draw buyers to his website or eBay store?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm also not in retail.

(02c) Even if such mss. do not always sell, and I know some have, it is useful in its own right to have a visible reputation for being able to source unique, unusual and/or high value items. I've also been "reminded" to ask about other items and/or check the rest of their current stocklist in the past as a result.
Besides, if no-one else has an item for sale - even if it's not unique - optimism does sometimes pay off; e.g.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Anyhow, we're talking about NKG yet again without any overt negative comments, so I guess that was a few cents well invested! ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm 

faro wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:(02c) Even if such mss. do not always sell, and I know some have, it is useful in its own right to have a visible reputation for being able to source unique, unusual and/or high value items. I've also been "reminded" to ask about other items and/or check the rest of their current stocklist in the past as a result.

I was thinking from the perspective of a buyer.  But I can see that it might raise Aaron's profile for those looking to sell to him, or have him sell for them on consignment.  A reputation for connections and an inventory of high-end items could certainly help attract potential sellers.  Witness Paul's regular auctions for the who's who of old TSR.

faro wrote:Besides, if no-one else has an item for sale - even if it's not unique - optimism does sometimes pay off; e.g.

Anyhow, we're talking about NKG yet again without any overt negative comments, so I guess that was a few cents well invested! ;)

Hmm.  An actual picture of the item up for sale.  What a great idea.   :P  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm 

Bracton wrote:Witness Paul's regular auctions for the who's who of old TSR.

::sniff:: not part of the old-TSR 'who's who' any more I guess

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:43 pm 

Here are some rarer DCC modules from Goodman Games  8)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:47 pm 

Hi,

unfortunately, I don't think this will fit in my bedroom!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm 

PM-Knight wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Here are some rarer DCC modules from Goodman Games  8)

That is the DCC #0 2nd print I believe.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm 

ExTSR wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:
Bracton wrote:Witness Paul's regular auctions for the who's who of old TSR.

::sniff:: not part of the old-TSR 'who's who' any more I guess

I didn't say that everyone who is a who's who of old TSR has sold through Paul.  Just that many of those who have, were.

And besides, Frank, you're not just old TSR,  you're also new Eldritch.   :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm 

Versimilitude wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay:Hi,

unfortunately, I don't think this will fit in my bedroom!

That would look nice with my desk.  But shipping to the States would be a bit on the pricey side.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm 

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm 

B&B

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 pm 

Sean Reynolds will auto this copy for you

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:12 pm 

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:19 pm 

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 111123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 109110111