Recent Convention Mods
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:40 pm 

I was just organizing some of my stuff when I came across these, I thought it may be interesting enough to take a picture and share!

Image[list=]

It is my collection of Frank's and Tim's recent convention modules, they are very cool, I actually won the "Onto the Devil's Skillet" in a draw and North Texas (Thanks Doug  :D )

I imagine they will be published by Eldritch eventually (I hope anyway)

I somehow managed to obtain 2 copies (Of 6 total  8O ) of "The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Alley" and I am missing "Temple of the Weaver Queen" (I think) so if anybody wants to trade  :wink: [/list]

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm 

I'm missing "The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Alley" but I only have the one copy of the "Temple of the Weaver Queen."  That would have been a great trade.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 pm 

IIRC there are only a scant handful of the 8-1/2" x 11" Player/DM copies for any of those adventures.

Most of them also have Digest prints that Doug sold during and after the convention.
That said, I have extra copies of those....  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm 

i have boskidell, castle of glass, high in hellgate (x2), devil's skillet, frozen north, sweetmeade abbey, snakeriders of the aradondo (x2) & empyrea (x2), so i too am missing temple of the weaver queen. how did we both mess up and miss that one Jeff? uh-oh the price on weaver queen just doubled....but seriously, i'd be looking to do a trade as well, but somebody please do one with Jeff first, it was his good idea.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 pm 

stratochamp wrote:i have boskidell, castle of glass, high in hellgate (x2), devil's skillet, frozen north, sweetmeade abbey, snakeriders of the aradondo (x2) & empyrea (x2), so i too am missing temple of the weaver queen. how did we both mess up and miss that one Jeff? uh-oh the price on weaver queen just doubled....but seriously, i'd be looking to do a trade as well, but somebody please do one with Jeff first, it was his good idea.

Are you kidding?  Both you and Jeff want one, price just quadrupled.  I'll take bids now for my copy, both Stratochamp and Blackmoor bidding against each other, I'm going to make a downpayment on a jet ski..... :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 pm 

I missed out on Empyrea, would love to trade for a copy....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Are you kidding?  Both you and Jeff want one, price just quadrupled.  I'll take bids now for my copy, both Stratochamp and Blackmoor bidding against each other, I'm going to make a downpayment on a jet ski..... :wink:

Mike B.
i wager 300 quatloos.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 pm 

Not sure they are looking for the digest copies....

Here is what I have - these are all 8½ x 11 :

All is not well in the Boskydell - Tim Kask x 2
- 1st Soft Proof
-#3 of 6

Island Town - Erol Otus
- DM Play copy w/notes

Empyrea Campaign Setting & Appraisal - Frank Mentzer
- #41 of 50

Temple of the Weaver Queen - Tim Kask x 2
- DM Copy
- #2 of 5

Return to the Frozen North - Tim Kask x 2
- DM Copy
- #4 of 6

The Tower of the Mad Wizard - Tim Kask
- #3 of 5

Onto the Devil's Skillet - Tim Kask x 2
- #1 of 6
- #4 of 6

The Dark Abbot of KoS - Steve Winter
- DM Copy

High in the Hellgate Mountains - Tim Kask
- DM Copy

Ursigned, Sealed & Delivered - Dennis Sustare x 2
- DM Copy
- #1 of 5

Snakeriders of the Arandondo - Tim Kask
- Sponsor Copy

Tourist Traps - Dennis Sustare
- #1 of 5 w/all handouts

Castle of GLass - Tim Kask
-#34 of ?

I think I have: The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Alley, but don't see it at the moment, so now I have to stop and look for it !!!???

No time for pics at the moment...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm 

Sometimes (from the outside looking in anyway) it looks to be helpful being the guy hosting the Convention...  :lol:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 pm 

There is truth to that....

In some cases where I have the DM copy, it was given to me, in one I had to pay for it. In cases where I have 2 copies of something, I bought one at auction so Tim got the cash, the other was given.

But after looking, I don't see the Sinister Secret so now I have to buy one of those !

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm 

yes you are correct Doug, we are both looking for an 8.5x11 version of Weaver Queen (of which you have two). assuming that you want to hang on to at least one of them, you've got first crack Jeff. just let me know if you don't manage to make a trade.

on an almost completely unrelated note, my copies of boskidell, devil's skillet,  frozen north & sweetmeade abbey are all copy #2 of 6, and castle of glass is #2 of 10. we did a random draw at gencon 2011  to determine who got what copy of Castle of Glass and i whined ahead of time about hoping to get #2 because most of my other copies were #2. well we drew and i got #9, but Mike (mdr003) swapped his #2 for my #9, and refused all my attempts to compensate him for the drop down in numbers. it was a plaesure meeting Mike when he stopped by my house prior to Gencon and then we got to game with Tim and he did that huge favor for me. Thanks Mike! and please drop by again when you're up here from down under.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 pm 

Well, as to the Castle of Glass, I am only basing the "number" on the fact there is a 34 in the tree branches on the cover page....

Other than that, I have no # of a # on mine

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm 

My collection:

Frank Mentzer:

Empyrea/Appraisal (#19 of 50)

Tim Kask:

Hall of Wonders (Tower of Gygax 2008)
The Temple of the Weaver Queen (digest version)
High in the Hellgate Mountains (Gen Con 2009)
Return to the Frozen North (GaryCon II 2010) (#5 of 6)
Onto the Devil's Skillet (NTRPGCon 2010) (#5 of 6)
Onto the Devil's Skillet (Digest Reprint)
Snakeriders of the Aradondo (Gen Con 2010)
Snakeriders of the Aradondo (Digest Reprint)
The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey (#5 of 6) (GaryCon III 2011)
All is Not Well in Boskidell (DM copy, NTRPGCon 2011)
Castle of Glass (prepub #3) (Gen Con 2011)

Steve Winter:

The Dark Abbot of Kos/Hive of the Wasp Men (Digest Reprint)
Rendezvous with Ruinator (NTRPGCon 2011) (signed copy)
The Tomb of Amemnes (signed copy/DM)

Dennis Sustare:

Tourist Traps (NTRPGCon 2011, Digest Reprint)

So I'm missing the full size Weaver Queen too.  And with Blackmoor and stratochamp ahead of me, I don't think I'll be seeing one any time soon.   :cry:

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 am 

ScketreWhisp® wrote:There is truth to that....

In some cases where I have the DM copy, it was given to me, in one I had to pay for it. In cases where I have 2 copies of something, I bought one at auction so Tim got the cash, the other was given.

But after looking, I don't see the Sinister Secret so now I have to buy one of those !

I think it's high time Stratochamp got to the NTRPG con, and that we place a Temple of the Weaver Queen in the con auction for he, Blackmoor and Bracton to fight over. Someone's gotta pay Frank and Tim's liquor bills......:lol:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 am 

Badmike wrote:
I think it's high time Stratochamp got to the NTRPG con, and that we place a Temple of the Weaver Queen in the con auction for he, Blackmoor and Bracton to fight over.
Someone's gotta pay Frank and Tim's liquor bills......:lol:

Mike B.

Are you sure just the one auction would cover that bill?   8O   :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm 

stratochamp wrote:on an almost completely unrelated note, my copies of boskidell, devil's skillet,  frozen north & sweetmeade abbey are all copy #2 of 6, and castle of glass is #2 of 10. we did a random draw at gencon 2011  to determine who got what copy of Castle of Glass and i whined ahead of time about hoping to get #2 because most of my other copies were #2. well we drew and i got #9, but Mike (mdr003) swapped his #2 for my #9, and refused all my attempts to compensate him for the drop down in numbers. it was a plaesure meeting Mike when he stopped by my house prior to Gencon and then we got to game with Tim and he did that huge favor for me. Thanks Mike! and please drop by again when you're up here from down under.

Hi Bill -

I was glad to do it - number 2 or 9, it's all the same in my book so I was happy I could help you out.

I'm looking forward to paying you another visit next time I'm in Chicago. We're planning on coming over again this year, probably around September or so. And if things fall into place, we'll be staying indefinately. I'm filling out my green card application this weekend....

Regards
Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.