Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 pm 

Six months is not that long to wait for a project, especially one done through Kickstarter.  Delays are to be expected.  I'd rather a project get done correctly than get rushed out the door just to meet a deadline.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Yeah, I just received my email on this, so I'm slightly concerned about the delay, but providing June is the last delay for shipping, I think I'll hold with this.
If it delays further, I would consider my position and further supporting this publishers products.

Living in italy i have to cope every single minute of my life with delays... i am not worried by delays at the of the day, i am worried when silence comes togehter with delay... but that wasnt the case: thanks to Jeff for the prompt update!
I also do prefer to have quality rather than quickness!

ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:46 am 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not neg-ing the guy, I appreciate the update, but with KS projects, its money up front which is why I am concerned about possibly delving into this market again.

Perhaps I'm a little more concerned than others here, and I can see this is a good product, but maybe next time I might just feel I should wait til it's available before sticking my money into it.

I don't doubt it'll by produced, the boxes are there etc, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if this runs beyond June now.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:38 am 

Fellows,

Thank you so much for the support and understanding. I very much understand these are tough times, and that folks have pledged their hard-earned money to this RPG project in faith that it would be delivered with quality and timeliness. I have witnessed and been subject to preorders that took over a year to fulfill, so I know this can be frustrating. Again, thank you for the kind words and encouragement. It truly means a lot to me, and I hope the game meets all your expectations.

Cheers,
Jeff Talanian

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:54 am 

@ashmire13 -- I just wanted to add that I don't blame you for feeling that way. You're just being honest, and I appreciate that.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:41 pm 

Things are moving along, my friends.

Layout is just about complete. The last part of layout is the first part of each book: the TOC.

The Players' Manual (Vol. I, II, III) is 252 pages. The Referee's Manual (Vol. IV, V, VI) is 236 pages.

These are fully illustrated by Ian Baggley and measure 8.5 x 7 inches. David and I will do a final review of the layout files, and then printing and shipping will begin. Soon the PDF files will also be sent out to all the folks who participated in our Kickstarter fundraiser.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:58 pm 

Thanks for the update Jeff, I'm looking forward to this one coming out!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:23 pm 

Fellows,

I'm happy to announce that layout for the AS&SH project is complete. We have printed a few copies of the Players' Manual and the Referee's Manual for final review. Presently, our editor extraordinaire, David M. Prata, is doing a final proof of the text. When he is through, it's time for printing and shipping.

Excelsior!
Jeff T.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:59 pm 

Hi Jeff, any further news with the proof reading etc :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 pm 

So, when I last posted, layout was complete on the two manuals (Players' Manual and Referee's Manual). About two weeks ago we did our first print test of the manuals and they looked great. Since that time, our editor, David Prata (armed with red pen) has been combing through the print copies of the manuals for a final proof, searching out typos, correcting any grammar mistakes that may have slipped through the original editing process, and also looking at the way tables are lined up, art, and other layout concerns, like "balancing white space," and other boring stuff.

Well, long story short -- we have finished the Players' Manual (252 pages), and now we have about 60 pages left in the Referee's Manual (236 pages). As soon as we get through these last pages, printing and shipping begins! Thank you for your patience and continued interest in the project. I really appreciate it, and I hope that when you crack open the game, you will feel it was well worth the wait.

Cheers,
Jeff Talanian

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:55 pm 

Prata is a phenomenal editor.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:24 am 

Mythmere1 wrote:Prata is a phenomenal editor.

He has a rare talent combined with an unflagging work ethic.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 pm 

Apparently the art has begun to ship - mine was well-packed and undamaged. Thanks!  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 pm 

Very nice, Donovan!  I see the hydra pic has changed since I saw it last :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 am 

grodog wrote:Very nice, Donovan!  I see the hydra pic has changed since I saw it last :D

Tweaked a little. :)

Wonder if this piece I commissioned last year made the cut? It wasn't originally created to be part of the AS&SH product, but I think they were considering using it. We'll see.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:53 pm 

Yes, here is the one Jeff picked out for me

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 pm 

I like that one, Doug. He must have known you were a shooter.  :wink:

I received the cleric because I'd told them at GaryCon or online somewhere that the cleric was my favorite class. The hydra and skeleton pieces were commissioned completely separatately from the Kickstarter drive and the project and, luckily, wound up being thematically consistent enough with AS&SH that Jeff decided to include them in the game books.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 pm 

It will be framed and at the Con next year as well :)

PreviousNext