Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am 

Thanks, ashmire13, for your support and enthusiasm. Here is what he's referring to, for the curious:

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
smarmy1 wrote:Only 3 1/2 hours to go...

I was number 180. :)

Pathetic.  I expect better from you Ryan.

Says the guy who came in at number two.  Damn you Chainsaw!!!

Hey, I just saw this..  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:27 am 

Just received my free pdf of Taken from Dunwich.. Just waiting for the boxset now, looking forward to that!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:22 pm 

HYPERBOREA ADVENTURE #2:
Taken from Dunwich

For 4 - 6 characters of  4th to  7th levels

Murder, mayhem, and abduction! After the Keltic village of Dunwich is victimized by the vhuurmis, degenerate quasi-men covered in umber-coloured fur, local druids offer land and title to those brave souls who would repair the situation. The vhuurmis are considered witless savages, seemingly incapable of organized incursions, but these particular brutes attacked with purpose and precision, taking men from Dunwich, and slaying any who opposed their black will.

Author: Jeffrey Talanian
Art: Ian Baggley and Johnathan Bingham
Editing: David Prata
Cartography: Andreas Claren

Rules: For use with Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea and other traditional fantasy role-playing games, including modern simulacra or "retro-clone" games.
Product Type: Adventure Module
Product Format: 18-page, 7 x 8.5 inch, black & white, saddle stitched booklet with unattached, heavy cardstock cover; map printed on inside cover.
Product Code: NWA103
Product Price: $7.50
Product Availability: Available Now! Order at our Online Store. Also available in PDF, for $5.25, exclusively at RPGNow.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am 

It looks good from what I read. I like that the stats are pretty much recognisable as AD&D to me, and its an interesting way that the map is at each room description, not one large map at beginning or end

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:30 pm 

The AS&SH boxes came in this week. They are a sturdy whiteboard, wrapped with a color, matte finish top lid and black & white bottom lid. Interior dimensions are 7-3/4 x 9-3/4 x 2-1/2 inches. They look great! Also, the maps are in, too, measuring 22 x 28 inches, accordion folded to about a 7-inch square. We are still in layout for the manuals.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm 

Jeff, are some of these going to be at NTRPG con for sale (through a vendor or otherwise)? Let me know if not.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:01 am 

@Mike -- I've agree to rent a shelf at NTRPG Con, so yes, I do hope to have the game there available and for sale! :)

(I spoke with Doug)

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 am 

Ghul wrote:@Mike -- I've agree to rent a shelf at NTRPG Con, so yes, I do hope to have the game there available and for sale! :)

(I spoke with Doug)

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Great!

Cause I need a copy! :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:29 pm 

With this, the FGG Rappan Athuk relaunch and the FGG Slumbering Tsar epic, I'm in for a good year of gaming goodies it seems! :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 pm 

Those boxes look fantastic!

Jeff, I may have missed an update, but do you have a guess when the boxes will ship?  Still trying to wait patiently . . . .

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:47 pm 

According to the post above and an e-Mail update I got; the Manuals are still in layout.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:05 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:According to the post above and an e-Mail update I got; the Manuals are still in layout.

Yep, I saw that.  Just hoping for an ETA.  But I can wait.   :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:44 am 

Yes, it's true, the manuals are still in layout. We ran into a snag when we ran some test prints, as the illustrations were printing too dark, so I had to have our illustrator, Ian Baggley, re-send them all, a bit lightened with contrast adjusted. Other formatting using the new Indesign CS5.5 has also proved a bit tricky, but we are over the hurdle on a lot of this. The thing is, we've never wanted to rush this game out -- we want it to look as good as we can get it, but now, following the KS campaign, we also fully understand and appreciate that people have supported the game by pledging their hard-earned money. The good news is -- the boxes are in, the maps are in, the dice are in, and we grow closer to printing the manuals, and then it's packing and shipping. Things are looking good, and I hope we can start shipping by the end of the month. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for the project -- I truly appreciate it. Cheers,  --Jeff T.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 pm 

The boxes look great Jeff! :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 am 

Howdy all, since a new (overall) topic on Kickstarter projects has been opened on this board, it came to my mind to ask an update about this project... iirc the last official updated was at the beginning of May ...

Thanks a lot and cheers
axel

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 am 

aia wrote:Howdy all, since a new (overall) topic on Kickstarter projects has been opened on this board, it came to my mind to ask an update about this project... iirc the last official updated was at the beginning of May ...

Thanks a lot and cheers
axel

Thanks for the nudge, Axel! Update in the below message. Cheers! --Jeff T.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am 

This message was posted on our Kickstarter Update page a short while ago, and I feel it bears repeating here:

Hello fellows,

I thought it appropriate to update you all on the status of the AS&SH game. First, please accept my most humble apologies that we were not able to begin shipping in April or May as earlier estimated. When we launched our Kickstarter campaign, we were required by their rules to enter an estimated delivery time, and back in December, it seemed like April was a reasonable estimate. I was wrong! It would have been wiser to be more conservative on the estimate.

Here is where we stand:

• The boxes are in.
  • The dice are in.
  • The maps are in.
  • The character sheets are ready for printing.
  • The covers for the Referee's Manual and the Players' Manual are at the printer and should be done next week.
  • Layout! The manuals remain in layout, which has been the primary reason for delay in recent weeks. The project is divided into six discreet volumes, these volumes serving as sections within each manual. So, Volume I (Swordsmen & Sorcerers), Volume II (Sorcery), and Volume III (Adventure & Combat) are finished -- that completes layout for the Players' Manual. Presently we are in the final pages of Volume IV (Bestiary) which is the most complicated volume, due to the tables and art. I expect Volume V (Treasure), and Volume VI (Hyperborea Gazetteer) to be much easier by comparison, so I would guess we are about 80% done on the Referee's Manual.

As soon as layout is complete (perhaps another 7-14 days) we will begin the printing and binding process. Of course shipping will follow. As we begin to ship, we will take all the files and turn them into a most excellent PDF. Depending on where in the world you live, and where your name falls in the list for shipping, you may or may not receive your PDF of the game first.

So, when will shipping begin? Barring anything tragic, June looks much more promising than April or May looked.

Thank you for both your support and your patience.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to post here or contact me directly at: jpt AT swordsmen-and-sorcerers.com

Cheers,
Jeff Talanian

PreviousNext