Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:32 am 

Russ Nicholson is a man whose art I have admired since I was a teenager in the 80s. I remember staring at his art in the Fiend Folio for hours on end. Such a strange and unique style. I took a shot, contacting Russ to see if he might be interested in producing some art for the second edition of AS&SH, and I was delighted to find him agreeable. So far Russ has turned in 17 illustrations. Here is one of my favorites. I hope you like it!

AS&SH 2E Kickstarter Launches on October 21!

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:50 am 

Charles Lang is the cover artist for the second edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea. As a follow-up to his painting that was featured on the original boxed set of AS&SH, this new painting takes our hero (and his cast of companions) into some bold action and adventure in the hoary wilderness of Hyperborea, illumed by the light of a bloated red sun.

Our Kickstarter campaign goes live this Friday, October 21!

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 am 

Looks great! That cover makes me want to roll up some characters and go adventuring.  8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:21 am 

Del Teigeler did an amazing job illustrating the RUNEGRAVER for the forthcoming second edition of AS&SH. Want to play a character like Egill Skallagrímsson, straight out of The Sagas? The runegraver, a subclass of the cleric, is described as "a mystic warrior who carves rune spells on bone, metal, stone, and wood". The runegraver possesses many interesting abilities, such as the "ale rune", turning water to a healing ale; "casting lots" which allows the runegraver to make predictions; and "nithing pole" which allows the rungraver to create a special device that lays a curse. 

AS&SH 2E Kickstarter to Launch this Friday, October 21!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:14 pm 

Thanks, looking forward to buy this.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:17 am 

A new HYPERBOREA T-shirt is one of the add-on options that will be available when we launch the AS&SH 2E Kickstarter this Friday, October 21. This grey shirt will feature the art of Val Semeiks and the colours of Daisey Bingham. Here is a mock-up design of the shirt:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:11 pm 

Jason Sholtis is a man who really enjoys exploring the "weird fantasy" aspect of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, so it was with little hesitation that I assigned to him a series of monster illustrations inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith. Here is Jason's rendition of the Great Race of Yith -- weird, alien beings that were featured in HPL's novella, The Shadow Out of Time

KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN FOR AS&SH 2E LAUNCHES THIS FRIDAY!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:57 am 

Val Semeiks is doing phenomenal work for the Second Edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea. This pencil sketch called "Ossuary" is a work-in-progress in which our Atlantean thief needs just a little more rope...

AS&SH 2E KICKSTARTER LAUNCHES IN TWO DAYS!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:30 pm 

AS&SH 2E Kickstarter goes live tomorrow! Please consider pledging your support.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:33 pm 

Is there a release time? I ask because it seems that I always miss out on any early specials for backing.

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:12 pm 

cdenham wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:Is there a release time? I ask because it seems that I always miss out on any early specials for backing.

There are no "early bird" specials if that's what you mean; however, the upper tier pledges -- the ones for original art pieces from the game -- are of limited supply.

Here is my plan. I am going to get to bed early tonight. I will get up early, make a cup of coffee, reread the entire Kickstarter page one last time to make sure everything is clearly explained, and then I will hit launch. This could be about 6:15 to 6:30am-ish Eastern Time. Thanks for your interest!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:13 am 

It's live.  I checked first thing this morning, and I'm backer . . . 49.   8O

Line icon

Already over two-thirds funded!   8)  Awesome start, Jeff.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:38 am 

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea Second Edition is now Live on Kickstarter!

Oct. 21 -- Nov. 30

Please consider pledging your support!

Here is the video: 

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd Edition - YouTube

Here the Kickstarter Link!

Last edited by Ghul on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 am 

Dude, this project is crushing it! In under four hours, you're at $20K, which hit the funding goal and the first two stretch goals!

Congrats!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:44 am 

Threw my money in too.  That cover!  Wow!

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:27 pm 

Many thanks, Throwi and chainsaw! I appreciate the support very much. Cheers! ~Jeff T.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 pm 

Wow, 301 backers and $30.5k (2x funding target) in the first ten hours! Not too shabby.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:56 pm 

Ghul wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:
mrmanowar wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:Preparing my budget to back this plus get some art...

Guard well the secret of steel, Mr Manowar...

The secret is guarded to somewhat extent.  However, I have shared the link to this new Kickstarter with all in my gaming group to back this, I DID!  Great work, see you in a couple weeks.
Onward pounding, Into Glory Ride!

PreviousNext