Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:23 pm 

I'm in at $50 also. Looks like a great product. Thanks for the link.

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 am 

carrejo wrote:Very much looking forward to this, thanks Jeff.

Thank you! Your enthusiasm for the project is much appreciated. When you type away at the same thing for a few years, it's only natural for doubts to creep in from time to time, as you think "Why am I rewriting this two paragraph section for the third time? Is anyone even going to care?" So, it's nice to know some of my gaming peers here and elsewhere are interested.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 am 

faro wrote:*g* Who said it was an error? *looks up latitude/hex size appendix*

(I don't recall that even JG went there, but am happy to be corrected! :))

It is a graphical error that then needs to be addressed with maths by the player/DM, but most people ignore it, and most cartographers don't even realise it is there. Call it an anomily best ignored. I'm just surprised anyone noticed it at all rom that piccie. No, JG never went there either as I recall.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:12 am 

faro wrote:*g* Who said it was an error? *looks up latitude/hex size appendix*

(I don't recall that even JG went there, but am happy to be corrected! :))

:lol:

Seriously, you guys are touching on one of the quirks of the campaign. You see, Hyperborea is a flat realm; true north is at the very center of the realm, where longitudinal lines intersect. The latitudinal lines have a campaign function intended to convey how far (or close as the case may be) to the center of the realm one is, or perhaps how close one is to the edge of the realm where the seas spill to infinity.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Over $8600 now, congrats! Just setting up my $55 payment, looking forward to a copy in the future and the additional free pdf will be a massive bonus for me too! Thanks

Yes, I don't know a lot about Cubicle 7, but I must admit I am impressed by their forward thinking as pertains to complimentary PDFs supplied with print copies of their games. I think it shows appreciation for customer support.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 am 

:!:  Well, that's a novel way to deal with the hex size anomily, and remove the maths. Cool.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:17 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It is a graphical error that then needs to be addressed with maths by the player/DM, but most people ignore it, and most cartographers don't even realise it is there. Call it an anomily best ignored. I'm just surprised anyone noticed it at all rom that piccie. No, JG never went there either as I recall.

But in my case, is it truly a graphical error of the realm is flat?  :)

EDIT: Oops, we posted at the same time.. thanks!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am 

Fellows,

Seven days remain for the Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea Kickstarter Campaign. Meeting our 10k stretch goal will be a great help in reducing out of pocket expenses for this project. Thank you to all our gaming peers for your generous pledges of support and well wishes. We could not have done this without you. :)

Cheers,
Jeff T.

PS: I'd like to note that KS allows me to see what links pledges arrive from, and I'm happy to say that 10 pledges totaling over $1100 have arrived directly from the Acaeum! That is the most impressive forum showing to date!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:51 am 

Well I'm in for $55 to the UK so I do you have an idea of release date, or did I not see that in a post anywhere?

Cheers

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Well I'm in for $55 to the UK so I do you have an idea of release date, or did I not see that in a post anywhere?

Cheers

Thank you very kindly for your generous pledge. I'm so grateful for the support, and I do hope you enjoy the final product.

So, the goal we've been shooting for is a late March (Gary Con) release, but as the project is presently in editing and layout, and we must order game boxes, t-shirts, maps, dice and complete so many other tasks in a timely manner between now and then, the chance for human error can bump this a bit. If my game box printer sends a bad proof, and it takes a week or two for them to send a new one . . . well, I think you get the idea. Essentially, we are aiming for late March, but we listed on the Kickstarter page an estimated fulfillment time for April 2012, just in case. So, yes, the goal is March, but I have been hesitant to "commit" to a precise date due to potential delays. Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:19 pm 

Jeff, how do we get copies of the Adventures that are already in print?

Your video mentions (IIRC) at least 3 in print now.
Are PDFs available for those printed in magazines and can we get hard copies of any other adventures already printed?

The game box will be awesome, but without ready to go adventures... well slows me down getting started with the grandkids.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:29 pm 

You can order our print mid-level adventure, Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent, direct from our website (http://swordsmen-and-sorcerers.com) or from our friends at Noble Knight Games.

Our low level adventure, Rats in the Walls, is available in Knockspell magazine #4. I think it is available in both print and pdf.

Our third adventure, Taken From Dunwich will follow the release of the game, as well as a fourth adventure, Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes. So, two that are available, and two more set to come out this year.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:32 pm 

I bought Knockspell in PDF from Matts Lulu shop and it's well worth it, IMO.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 am 

Hello fellows,

Just a quick reminder: 3 days remain for our Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers Kickstarter Campaign. For folks who are interested in this boxed set RPG, please note that a "Copper Level" support pledge gets you the game (boxed set with manuals, map, dice, and character sheet), your name in the credits, and a complimentary PDF of the game.

For pledgers in the USA, free shipping also applies, and in other countries, the shipping charges are extremely low ($3 for Canada + Mexico; $5 elsewhere). Standard shipping rates will apply once the fundraiser is over. Thank you for your consideration!

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm 

Only 3 1/2 hours to go...

I was number 180. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:35 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:Only 3 1/2 hours to go...

I was number 180. :)

Pathetic.  I expect better from you Ryan.

Says the guy who came in at number two.  Damn you Chainsaw!!!

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 am 

184 backers, over $13,000.  Congratulations, Jeff.  Glad I could help out a bit.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.   8)

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 am 

Just received my confirmation email saying its all go.. Looking forward to this April (ish)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext