Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:36 am 

Resources --HYPERBOREA

Holy F! That thing's got the same eyes and hairstyle as my ex-wife.  8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:04 pm 

This video review of the AS&SH game somehow escaped me. It was posted back in November 2013, and it's pretty good! The fellow was off on a few of the details, but overall he did a great job!

AS&SH Video Review

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 am 

I started a new forum for the game and its inspirational media:

HYPERBOREA

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 pm 

Available now for purchase at the AS&SH Online Store!

I have a limited quantity of the Signed & Numbered Gary Con VI Edition of Rats in the Walls, a mini-adventure, originally presented in Knockspell Magazine #4. After this limited run sells through, I will begin selling a standard version. This title is also available in PDF format at RPGNow.

In the City-State of Khromarium, a dockside tavern called the Silvery Eel is plagued by rats of a most unusual breed. These abominable rodents have ruined the tavern keeper's business and his life. The man is desperate, and he offers a substantial reward for the elimination of his horrific problem.

Author: Jeffrey Talanian
Art: Ian Baggley
Editing: David Prata
Cartography: Andreas Claren

Rules: For use with Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea and other traditional fantasy role-playing games, including modern simulacra or "retro-clone" games.
Product Type: Adventure Module
Product Format: 12-page, 7 x 8.5-inch, black & white saddle-stitched booklet with cardstock cover; map printed in booklet.
Product Code: NWA104
Product Price: $10.00

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:57 pm 

Quick Start Equipment Menu for

By Ben Ball

Quick Start Equipment List for AS&SH is a time-saving resource created by Ben Ball. This 7-page PDF document helps players speed up the purchase of starting equipment, including a variety of adventure packs to choose from and premade starting lists.

Available now at the AS&SH Resources Page!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:34 pm 

My good fellows,

On Monday, May 5, I will be a guest on the Mythwits program, hosted by Peter Bryant and friends. We'll be talking a good deal about AS&SH, of course!

Episode 18: Jeffrey the Barbarian - YouTube

This will be a live webcast event at 9:30PM EST.

Cheers,
Jeff Talanian

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:33 pm 

Ghul wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:Quick Start Equipment Menu for

By Ben Ball

Quick Start Equipment List for AS&SH is a time-saving resource created by Ben Ball. This 7-page PDF document helps players speed up the purchase of starting equipment, including a variety of adventure packs to choose from and premade starting lists.

I grabbed this a few days ago. At this point I am buying/grabbing all the AS&SH stuff I can, it is a wonderfully written, well-crafted game. I can't recommend it enough for those of you that do not have a copy.

Zach

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:01 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:
Ghul wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:Quick Start Equipment Menu for

By Ben Ball

I grabbed this a few days ago. At this point I am buying/grabbing all the AS&SH stuff I can, it is a wonderfully written, well-crafted game. I can't recommend it enough for those of you that do not have a copy.

Zach

I'll second that, Zach! I grabbed up everything I could after seeing it at Gary Con VI.

-Daniel W. Cisek-
Gaming since 1976, rocking since birth.
www.orcsamongus.com

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 am 

Hey Jeff, got the con modules! Thanks  a lot for the usual courtesy in dealing with a oveerseas fellow!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:23 pm 

Thank you for the kind words, fellows! Much appreciated. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:22 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:

By Ben Ball

Zach

Heh, ever since you told me about this game I've been swapping up stuff for it!  I think Jeff knows it too!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 am 

I haven't had any luck getting on the web site.  Is it down by chance?

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 am 

cdenham wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:I haven't had any luck getting on the web site.  Is it down by chance?

Sorry I missed this post. I hope you were able to get on afterwards!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:22 am 

Courtesy of Ben "blackadder23" Ball (the author of our forthcoming adventure module, Beneath the Comet), we now have a new, user-friendly version of the Mainland Hyperborea map, usable by players and referees alike. You can download it now at our Resources Page.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 pm 

It is Christmas in July from now till July 28 at RPGNow/DriveThruRPG.com! You can get the PDF version of the AS&SH game for a mere $7.50! Modules on sale, too, like "Rats in the Walls" for only $3.22.

RPGNow.com - North Wind Adventures - The Leading Source for Indie RPGs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:55 pm 

One of the next AS&SH adventures due out in the near future is called Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess, by Joseph Salvador. This adventure is set in the micro-setting called The Lemurian Remnant, an island at the rim of Hyperborea. The micro-setting is described by the author as so:

Eons ago, before Atlantis disappeared below the waves of Old Earth, the lost continent of Lemuria was itself subject to destruction and chaos. Volcanoes and earthquakes rent the land asunder and great storms swept across the continent creating impossible cyclones and whirlwinds. One of those vortices, caused by the North Wind, consumed part of Lemuria sweeping it away from the doomed continent and holding it in limbo until finally dispelling the remnant of the lost land into Hyperborea. Now, this Lemurian Remnant exists in a dimensional anomaly at the ultimate edge of Hyperborea, where the seas spill into the Black Gulf. Those wishing to reach Lemuria face the ceaseless windstorms which surround the archipelago and the deadly pull of the Rapids at the End of the World. Couple this with the Lemurian's isolationist mentality and consequently, the Lemurian Remnant continues to be a place of mystery to the varied peoples of Hyperborea.

In other news we've brought in Val Semeiks as the cover artist for Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess. Val is a well-respected comic book artist who's done work for dozens of titles, including Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Silver Surfer, JLA, Wolverine, and dozens more.

Val's website: The Official Val Semeiks Website
Val's portfolio: Val Semeiks Portfolio

And for your viewing pleasure, here are a few of his more recent Conan commissions, re-imagined covers of his earlier works.
ImageImage

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 pm 

Any update on the adventure module, Beneath the Comet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:24 pm 

Brian2112 wrote in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea:Any update on the adventure module, Beneath the Comet?

Beneath the Comet just got edited. The text is ready, cover art is being done by Peter Mullen, and Johnathan Bingham is working on the interior illustrations.

Meantime, Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes is being edited as we speak. Cover art is in for that module, and interiors will also be done by Bingham.

Meantime, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess (formerly called "Lemurian Remnant") is written and next to be edited. Pencils for the cover are in (it will be inked and colored next), and interior art will also be done by Bingham.

We are inching closer to launching a single KS campaign to fund all three modules, which figure to be about 48 pages each, full color covers, B&W interiors. I'll be sure to mention the launch of the KS campaign here!

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

PreviousNext