Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am 

Hi Jeff, just wanted to know whether you were still in the process of shipping?

Thanks,
Jorge

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 am 

I was emailed yesterday saying mine had shipped..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:17 am 

Mine is also on its way. When I spoke to Jeff he was ploughing through them :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:05 am 

Hello fellows,

Just last night I decided to count how many pre-orders I have left to mail. There are 63 more pre-order games to send, and then I will start on the comp copies to my associates (artists, editor, layout guy, contributors, etc. -- and me!). So, progress continues into September (obviously) with 16-20 games mailed per week.

Jorge, I will email you when I have shipped your game. Thanks for being so patient! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:03 pm 

Thank you Jeff !!! I look forward to receiving this.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 am 

I have got mine, it is just superb, a lovely boxset.
:D

Thanks a lot Jeff !

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 am 

As per my email Jeff, it's here and in great condition. Looks a fantastic set and I will endeavour to use the rules and setting ideas certainly.

As an aside to anyone else who is buying into the AS&SH, my Charnel Crypt copy has 3 pairs of pages that are joined at the top edge. Jeff hasn't seen or heard of any others, so I'm interested to see if it's a one off or if anyone else has theirs joined too. I appreciate some of you shrink junkies might never know....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm 

Did you ship all the boxed sets to France? I didn't receive anything :) (just to know, I'm not hurry)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm 

I actually sent out 4 boxes to France yesterday, but I'm not sure that completes all the French orders, yet. I have not yet sent out emails out to notify the customers of their coming shipments, but I should be doing that some time very soon.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 pm 

Thanks!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:34 pm 

Here is a new flyer I put together for the AS&SH game. I will print these for my next two conventions:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 pm 

I haven't played a game as yet, but having read through I'm saying, good work Jeff, I really like it thank you
It's very well produced and I'm glad I bought in when I did :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:05 pm 

Recieved mine the other day as well

Thanks

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:51 pm 

Received mine as well.
Awesome! Thanks!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:00 am 

Received mine also. Packaged flawlessly.

I gotta tell you: I am very impressed so far (started reading a couple of days ago). It is put together really well, high quality materials for the manuals, maps and box itself. The book art is amazing, old school and charcoaly; look like action b&w photos. Very nice development of D&D (should I say OSRIC) concepts.  Box cover art is great also.

Kudos to Jeff and his team. Hope to see more of this in the future.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 am 

Hey all, got mine as well! Very well packed and superb item...

Some comments/questions for Jeff:

1) why on the box it is written 2-4 hours (as if it were a boardgame)?

2) the only flaw i could see yesterday when i inspected the game is that the spiral binding is going to damage the pages... if you look the book on the profile you can see the pages follow the binding and the ones in the middle of the book are exposed to hurts/dirt and so on...

3) i really LOVE the dice!!! they are simply old school!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 am 

Hello fellows,

@ashmire13 -- I'm so happy to hear your positive reaction to the game. Very kind of you to take the time to mention it here. Much obliged, and please stay in touch!

@beasterbrook + @lokiwookie -- Thanks for letting me know! I'm happy to hear your games arrived safe and sound.

@Chucho68 -- Thank you for your nice comments. I'm happy the game resonates with you in all the ways you mention, and yes, Ian does use charcoal for much of his work.  There will indeed be more in the future!

@aia -- I'm happy to hear your copy arrived safely. Italy can be tough to ship for, as the customs agents are notorious for opening packages. I am happy to answer your questions/comments:

1.) Noting the average amount of playtime hours, I thought, was a neat little addition that I had never seen done before. It probably was not necessary, but I like it just the same.
2.) The spiral binding should be able to withstand a decent amount of abuse. Firstly, I invested in a spiral binding machine that was more expensive than many of the alternatives. This machine punches what is described as "D-shaped" holes (more like two D's back to back that create a sort of oval shape), and the concept behind these is that there is less stress on the paper when turning pages. Next, the spiral coils I invested in are a very smooth, high quality plastic that also is much less stress on the paper than metal wire alternatives. Next the paper we are using is a durable 28 lb. stock. So, with all these combined, I feel that the books are not mere collector's artfacts to remain in a box (well, that is fine, too -- this is the Acaeum, after all!), but they manuals can be used for play.
3.) I'm happy you like the dice. They are in fact from a fellow who retired from the dice business years ago; similar to Zochhi dice, but not quite.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 am 

Here is a positive review of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea by James of Grognardia fame.

PreviousNext