Ghul wrote:
dmkastmaria wrote:
Man! It looks fantastic! Can't wait to get mine!  :D

I hate waiting!  :evil:

Looks awesome! Really, really awesome!  :D

Now, I must wait....  :evil:

Thanks for posting the pics.  :D

Now, I must wait...  :evil:

I know! It stinks, the waiting, but this really is a small home-grown operation, a "love for the hobby" type of venture, so thank you for being patient as I continue to leak out small batches at a time. When your game is shipped, you will know, because I will email you personally. I hope you like the game and that it is worth the wait! Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and interest -- it really inspires me to work hard and get things done.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Oh, lord! I hope you didn't make too much of my  :evil: emoticons. It was an exaggerated dig at my own impatient nature.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 am 

@Bracton -- I'm so happy you are enjoying the game! Thank you so much for your kind words. :)

@dmkastmaria -- No, no, no, I didn't take it like that. I just feel sorry that this process is going to continue to take weeks. It makes me feel bad that some folks will have their game a long time before others. :(

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:47 am 

Hi Jeff,

when will you start to ship overseas? Just an estimate :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:11 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Hi Jeff,

when will you start to ship overseas? Just an estimate :)

I haven't been delaying international shipments; in fact, as I recall, packages have been sent to Chile, the UK, France, and even a pesky Canadian or two. The order fulfillment is all based on my spreadsheet organization. So, it's in progress, my friend -- a little bit at a time, which is the best I can do. This truly is a small, home-grown operation, so please accept my apologies if some packages are mailed weeks after others, and thank you kindly for your patience.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea -- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Last edited by Ghul on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 pm 

While I am looking forward to receiving the boxed set I was overjoyed to get the pdf today. Much reading to do and the rolling of dice.

Thanks Jeff!

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:15 pm 

Fellows,

The PDF of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea is now available at RPGNow.

For your $10, you get PDFs of the Players' Manual, Referee's Manual, the Hyperborea map, a character sheet, and the box cover art.

There will be a more official announcement when I list for general sales the physical boxed set.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:17 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:While I am looking forward to receiving the boxed set I was overjoyed to get the pdf today. Much reading to do and the rolling of dice.

Thanks Jeff!

Glad to hear it, Jason! Thanks for the note -- very kind of you, and much appreciated!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 pm 

Ghul wrote:I haven't been delaying international shipments; in fact, as I recall, packages have been sent to Chile, the UK, France, and even a pesky Canadian or two. The order fulfillment is all based on my spreadsheet organization. So, it's in progress, my friend -- a little bit at a time, which is the best I can do. This truly is a small, home-grown operation, so please accept my apologies if some packages are mailed weeks after others, and thank you kindly for your patience.

Thanks Jeff! And no problem for waiting, I am very patient. It was just for my information :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 pm 

Best. Succubus. Pic. Evar!   :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:18 pm 

My package arrived yesterday.
Have not yet had a chance to read through it all, but I am glad I joined the AS&SH future players group.

Thanks guys... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:26 pm 

Jeff, FYI, this needs to be submitted for the Three Castles Award.  Looks very impressive!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:49 pm 

My set arrived yesterday.  This evening, I showed Ethan (our 8 year old) the pictures in the game booklets of the Great Race and of Azathoth, and he thought they were pretty cool :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 am 

ASTONISHING SWORDSMEN & SORCERERS of HYPERBOREA

A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

ASTONISHING SWORDSMEN & SORCERERS of HYPERBOREAâ„¢ is sword-and-sorcery role-playing at its pinnacle. Play an Amazon fighter, Atlantean magician, Esquimaux shaman, Hyperborean warlock, Ixian necromancer, Keltic barbarian, Kimmerian cataphract, Pictish thief, Viking berserker, or one of many other possibilities.

The heroes of a HYPERBOREA campaign delve the mazes and labyrinths of vast dungeons filled with horrifying monsters, lethal traps, and bewildering puzzles. They explore savage frontiers, breach hostile borderlands, probe ancient ruins, and investigate cursed tombs. They plunder for treasure and magic in a decaying world inhabited by bloodthirsty beasts and weird, otherworldly beings.

Explore endless challenges and infinite realms of imagination with this complete sword-and-sorcery role-playing game!

Text: Jeffrey Talanian
Illustrations: Ian Baggley
Editing: David Prata
Cartography: Andreas Claren
Box Cover Art: Charles Lang
Box Cover Design: James Kramer
Foreword by Stuart Marshall

Rules: An OGL-based game informed by the original 1974 fantasy wargame and miniatures campaign rules as conceived by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Milieux: Sword-and-sorcery setting inspired by the fantastic literature of Robert Ervin Howard, Howard Phillips Lovecraft, and Clark Ashton Smith.
Product Type: Complete role-playing game designed for 2 or more players.
Product Format: 8 x 10 x 2.5-inch boxed set that includes a 252-page, 7 x 8.5-inch, spiral-bound Players' Manual; 236-page, 7 x 8.5-inch, spiral-bound Referee's Manual; a 22 x 28-inch poster map of Hyperborea, 6 character sheets, and 6 polyhedral dice.
Product Code: NWA101
Product Price: $50.00
Product Availability: Available Now!(*) Order at our Online Store. Also available in PDF, for $10.00, exclusively at RPGNow.

(*)Please note the following: Although the AS&SH game is now shipping to pre-order customers, we do not expect general sales orders to begin shipping until early October 2012.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 pm 

Hi Jeff, do you have an idea on UK shipping dates? I have the pdf thanks, it looks very very good.

Cheers
Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm 

Hi Dave,

I haven't arranged the shipping by domestic vs. international, and in fact I've been mixing the two as my spreadsheet list dictates; so, packages have indeed gone out to the UK (in fact there was one today!), France, Germany, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and the Netherlands. I've even sent shipments all the way up to the Great White North!

Essentially, if I haven't emailed you to say your package has shipped, it means I have not hit your name on the list yet, mate. I am estimating that I am about 55% through shipping, so progress is being made, albeit slowly

I'm happy to hear you find the PDF favorable. It means a lot to me when fellow gamers (whose tastes run similar to my own) say they like it so far. Really makes it all worth it.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:06 pm 

I shall eagerly await the email to hit me. What plans do you have for further adventure modules, or did I miss that bit?

Cheers Jeff

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 pm 

Hi Dave,

Presently we have the two available at our site: Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent and Taken from Dunwich. We also have another one called Rats in the Walls, found in Knockspell #4. At Gary Con and with my home group, I recently began testing out a new low level adventure called Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes, which may well be the next published adventure. I have notes for a city supplement for City-State of Khromarium, and also for my future mega-dungeon which is situated in the depths of the treble-peaked extinct volcano known as Mt. Vhuurmithadon. So, the future is wide open. :)

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:43 pm 

Ghul wrote:At Gary Con and with my home group, I recently began testing out a new low level adventure called Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes, which may well be the next published adventure.

I played in that one at Gary Con.  A lot of fun . . . I'm still surprised most of us survived!  Can't wait to see it in print.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

PreviousNext