List of Items you would like to see in PDF
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:25 am 

I picked up a site that had just the Pelinore work in PDF form and nothing else. It was a guys web page that he had uploaded the articles too although he wasn't the author. It was interesting to have it all in just 1 single PDF though.

I found a torrent last night that lists all Imagines and the Special Edition copy too. That's the first I've found with everything.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:25 am 

ashmire13 wrote:I picked up a site that had just the Pelinore work in PDF form and nothing else. It was a guys web page that he had uploaded the articles too although he wasn't the author. It was interesting to have it all in just 1 single PDF though.

I found a torrent last night that lists all Imagines and the Special Edition copy too. That's the first I've found with everything.

Think it's been around for a while. I think all the White Dwarfs, Dragons and Dungeons are up too. Such is the nature of that side of the web. That is why we need to be particular about how far morally we are willing to go to bring legitimate PDF Archives to market, because, like as not, we'd be feeding into the illegals system one way or another. My view is, at least by doing it legally and seeking out and asking for/paying for rights to publish, the IP owners get some reward for their stuff going digital and get a say in how it occurs. It'd gonna happen anyways, one time or other. I'd rather work with an author/publisher shaping a good quality product that get's ripped off by some asshat somewhere down the line, and at least have a real product that collectors are willing to pay for and have money going back into an author's pockets. If Basil published a TS! Archive, it is inevitable that they'll be uploaded to the internet, but then half a dozen are already up there I believe, and it'd only be time before the rest are uploaded as well. Collectors will always prefer a well produced disk in a well packaged box.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 am 

Thats the thing, isnt it.

Getting some funds back to the original authors. And I think what you are hoping to achieve, is admiral and I hope Basil agrees at some point in the future.

And whilst there are half a dozen or so TS! on torrents at the mo, I would as you say much rather have a properly produced boxed set of them.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:01 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:
Are you serious PDF PK?  I know that another thread irked you, but are you sure about this?

Personally, as I already own a full TS! series, I'd be happy to pay $10 for an electronic version and have no desire to see it put out there on the internet either. I guess the GMPubs series in PDF would be a winner for me too with the CDM series.

I'd also go for CZ:UW and add-ons, DCC series complete and any low level JG items. As for small press things, it'd be of interest only as I have no knowledge of them but would be interested to read it.

But tbh, any 1st ed items I'd be happy to go with, but I don't honestly see that this is productive Mark.

I have DCC #00 thru #61 pdf versions plus other stuff from them if interested.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:19 pm 

No, I'm good thanks.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:58 pm 

Don't think we should be encouraging distribution of unpaid-for PDFs, Whiskers. That's a step too far IMO.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:06 pm 

Your no fun at all!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 pm 

Best you take yourself to a fun site then, if thats your idea of fun.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:56 pm 

It took me forever to get all the basic, 1st and 2nd edition D&D stuff. That was a lot of fun.  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:19 pm 

Could Stratochamp produce the inventory of his collection as a PDF?  8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 am 

ExTSR wrote:Could Stratochamp produce the inventory of his collection as a PDF?  8)

I think the bigger question would be does anyone have a hard drive big enough to contain the resulting PDF?  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 am 

SimperingToad wrote:I think the bigger question would be does anyone have a hard drive big enough to contain the resulting PDF?  :D

I just checked. 97.1 GB, 8,052 files, 689 folders. Not a problem on my 2 TB hard drive.
By the way, that's all the d&d stuff plus a shit load of non-d&d stuff. So if your looking for somthing. Just ask!  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:05 am 

I know I'm the guy who started all this PDF malarky many years back, but I don't think this thread is going in a good direction for the board. I don't think we should be promoting or helping others to source (or explicitly offering to exchange) illegal PDFs on this forum. I know this is a largely unmoderated forum, but the forum has always had an underlying moral code, and promoting illegal activity has always run against the grain in my experience here.

@Whiskers - Boastings about your pretty tiny harddrive full of PDFs is crass and probably unwanted by most of the forum's members. You're a newbie, and it would be nice if you played ball and kept your illicit collecting off of the threads. That's a polite 'Please' from someone who doesn't always act nicely to our newer members.  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I know I'm the guy who started all this PDF malarky many years back, but I don't think this thread is going in a good direction for the board. I don't think we should be promoting or helping others to source (or explicitly offering to exchange) illegal PDFs on this forum. I know this is a largely unmoderated forum, but the forum has always had an underlying moral code, and promoting illegal activity has always run against the grain in my experience here.

@Whiskers - Boastings about your pretty tiny harddrive full of PDFs is crass and probably unwanted by most of the forum's members. You're a newbie, and it would be nice if you played ball and kept your illicit collecting off of the threads. That's a polite 'Please' from someone who doesn't always act nicely to our newer members.  :D

No problem since you asked nicely. When I get those nasty responses from those real nice people it just forces me to come right back at them.

:)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:47 am 

Ain't you a gem..?

I don't recall being rude, just that I don't want your nonsense boasting about a little collection of PDFs.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm 

Ash, let's leave be.  :D

@Whiskers - We're all happy to talk about the why's and wherefors about PDFs, the technical aspects of the law, the moral and ethical debates, and the practicalities of manufacture. We draw the line when it comes to promoting the illegal distribution. It's something that happens. We all know about it. I'm sure a lot of us have had them cross our desks. And we all know it'll never go away. It's just there are a lot of writers and publishers and games industry promoters on these pages, and like as not, if you're talking about collecting illegal PDFs and offering to distribute, it's their products that are in your collection. Just bad show is all. Welcome aboard.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:11 pm 

couldnt resist...  :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:53 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I found a torrent last night that lists all Imagines and the Special Edition copy too. That's the first I've found with everything.

Torrent located and downloaded ...

I will most likely be taking my time reading over some of the articles and figuring out what parts to OCR for future reference and/or use in a campaign as it should plug into either 1e or OSRIC quite nicely.

YIM  
PreviousNext