Carcosa and Isle of the Unknown released in print and PDF
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm 

Carcosa
Weird Science-Fantasy Horror Setting. 288 page A5 size hardcover. Full description of what it is here, PDF preview of actual book contents here.

The PDF version (which comes free with a print order) is an absolute state-of-the-art example of PDF technology, with extensive links, layers, and bookmarking. Click around on the maps.

Isle of the Unknown
Island hexcrawl full of the strange and unusual, suitable for any fantasy campaign. 128 page A5 size hardcover. Full description of what it is here, PDF preview of actual book contents here.

The PDF version (which comes free with a print order) isn't quite state-of-the-art with the interior cross-linking as Carcosa, is fully bookmarked and layered.

Limited Edition Extras
Both Isle and Carcosa have optional add-ons. 250 of these are available for each book. Each book comes with an A4 sized map printed on canvas-like material and a double-sided full color A3 poster (both sides of the individual posters are shown in the pics here). Extras for each book are 5€ each. They are added by default, so toggle it to "No" if you don't want them. But you want them.

Discount Offer 1
Pembrooktonshire Gardening Society members get 2€ off the print versions of Carcosa and Isle of the Unknown as long as there are extras left for each book. When the extras run out, the discount is reduced to 1€ per book (the same discount Gardening Society members get on all print products in the LotFP store).

Discount Offer 2
Missed out on the Grindhouse Edition? If you buy at least 50€ worth of stuff from the LotFP store (say, the new Carcosa and Isle of the Unknown books), coupon code ULFIRE will get you a 12,50€ discount off the Grindhouse box.

The LotFP Webstore

BONUS
The Euro is in the crapper right now, so all of you non-Euro currency people can enjoy the best exchange rate in quite some time...!

WWW ICQ YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm 

Thanks Jim, I'm in :)

Is Geoffrey available to sign any copies?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm 

davidc wrote:Thanks Jim, I'm in :)

Is Geoffrey available to sign any copies?

The books were printed and are stored in Finland, and he's in the US, so I don't know how that could work...

WWW ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:21 pm 

Jim, gotta hand it to you.  Carcosa is one of the most gorgeous books I own.  It's also the first RPG book I've read from cover to cover all at once in years.  The fabric/canvas map is quite nice as well.

Almost had a heart attack when the box was delivered.  The postal service really did their best to destroy it.  Both Carcosa and Isle of the Unknown were unmarred.  Thanks for all the bubble wrap!  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 pm 

Package received... with the box also jumped on, mangled, and beat beyond recognition  :?   I was fearing the worst but the wrapping kept the books nice and safe - Thank you for the packaging care!

I'll echo King, these are a couple beautiful books & accesories... I can't wait to get in to them.  Nice work Geoffrey & Jim :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 pm 

davidc wrote:I'll echo King, these are a couple beautiful books & accesories... I can't wait to get in to them.  Nice work Geoffrey & Jim :)

Received mine today and must agree with the above.  Great work.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:55 am 

I just got this stuff, very nice  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 am 

Can someone please exchange the Finland currency exchange?  How much does this cost in US dollars?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 am 

I bet they're wanting to do so, too, now they're in the Euro...

=> www.xe.com/

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:33 am 

1€ is a bit under $1.30 nowadays...

WWW ICQ YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:52 am 

I received my Carcosa as well. Thanks for a solid packing job !

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:59 am 

I keep seeing a blue Carcosa hardcover and a brown Carcosa hardcover for sale on Ebay.

Are these different versions of the Carcosa book?  Or, is it possible the Ebay vendors are showing the cover of the PDF by accident?    :?:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 am 

FormCritic wrote:I keep seeing a blue Carcosa hardcover and a brown Carcosa hardcover for sale on Ebay.

Are these different versions of the Carcosa book?  Or, is it possible the Ebay vendors are showing the cover of the PDF by accident?    :?:

I bet that's it.

Print version looks like this: http://clawcarver.wordpress.com/2012/01 ... ok-fetish/

PDF version cover shown here: http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2012/01/re ... sions.html

The PDF version is different because foil stamping and premium cover materials (and the dust jacket which isn't shown above) aren't really applicable to a digital file.

WWW ICQ YIM