FGG Dec 12 Update
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:37 pm 

December 12, 2011
Updates this week include the following:
•        Black Monastery goes on sale this week and is at the printer. This book is a hardcover, stitch-bound adventure that will take you back to the days of old. Written originally by my first dungeon master back in the 1970s, this one combines old-school sandbox dungeon crawl with modern style and format and is sure to satisfy. The book is hard bound and will remind you of the format of the 1st edition PHB. It also contains a 6 panel, fold-out map of the monastery for ease of reading those hundreds of small room numbers. Retail price will be $33.99, and the book will ship in early February 2012. PDFs will be priced at $15.99.
•        Tsar 11 has been held up at the printer again…(sorry folks), and is shipping today to me.  I apologize for the inconvenience and delays, but I wanted to make sure the module was spot on quality that you expect from us.
•        Tsar 12 went to layout this morning (thanks to Chuck, who pulled another all-nighter to get monastery done and to the printer this morning!).
•        Northland Saga 3 is at the printer—look for an early January release!
•        Quantities of our early modules are getting very, very low. I will not reprint these guys, so if you ever want a copy of Strange Bedfellows, Ursined, Demonheart, Eamonvale or Splinters of Faith, now is the time. Tsar individual modules are down to <10 copies of each for #1-#8. These too will not likely be reprinted.
•        Toad is selling well, and reviews are excellent. TOH is still available in limited quantities in both SW and Pathfinder formats.
•        Tsar 13 is in editing, and we expect the whole to be done by end March 2012 and off to the printer.  Paizo will have copies of the first edition book (with the bonus chapter, which will NOT be available as a pdf)), but ONLY direct sale copies will be signed by myself and Greg and numbered. Sales of the limited edition copies will be concluded two weeks after I get the last chapter!
•        Remember, the Frogs are out of the country visiting their poison arrow cousins in Central America from Feb 10 to March 11—so no books will ship during these times!
•        My aforementioned Ebay articles have not been listed yet—though they will be soon!
•        Tsar shipping will be figured out soon. You will need to pay for shipping before I ship to you in May. It's looking like priority mail is the best option (flat rate). Overseas folks can fit 2 copies in a box, or can fit several other books into the box as well. I am going to have to use large priority mail boxes I think—it "might" fit in a medium, but I am concerned about compression damage in that size container. More detail on this coming soon to all subscribers.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:48 pm 

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there will be a January update for FGG?

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 pm 

Hey everyone,

I just picked up Black Monastery from FGG and was perusing through the pdf file. Looks pretty good so far. :)

I like the art by Rowena Aitken, but that picture on page 12 was uh unexpected...  :lol:

Best regards,
Ronald

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 pm 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

I just picked up Black Monastery from FGG and was perusing through the pdf file. Looks pretty good so far. :)

I like the art by Rowena Aitken, but that picture on page 12 was uh unexpected...  :lol:

Best regards,
Ronald

He's big, bad, well-endowed and oh so proud!!!!!

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 pm 

Prufrock wrote:

Martin

Hey Martin,

Exactly!  :lol:

I had the pdf on my computer monitor and scrolling through the document at a high resolution so the whole page isn't on the monitor at one time.

I hit page 12, and start reading the description about the Titan of the Black Monastery while glancing at the picture.

Get half way down and WTH... :P

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:38 pm 

Prufrock wrote:

Martin

I bought my .pdf from Paizo and the guy has a censored privacy square over his junk.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
I bought my .pdf from Paizo and the guy has a censored privacy square over his junk.

The illustration was pointed out on a discussion strand at Paizo.com

Apparently, Paizo has a no-adult material clause for Pathfinder products.

Bill quickly had the illustration altered to meet that standard.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 pm 

FormCritic wrote:

Hey Mark,

I guess they only do this for the PDF Pathfinder products and not the actual print product?

Btw, I purchased the SW version from FGG.

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 pm 

Thanks for buying the module, Ronald!

I don't know about art changes for the printed product.  It is possible that the change might not be present in the first (hardback) print run, but take effect for later perfect bound versions.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 pm 

FormCritic wrote:

By the way, nice job on this, Mark.  I have the print version coming later, I will report here whether it got censored or not.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 pm 

Thanks, Grug!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:30 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Thanks for buying the module, Ronald!

I don't know about art changes for the printed product.  It is possible that the change might not be present in the first (hardback) print run, but take effect for later perfect bound versions.

Hey Mark,

No, "Thank You" for introducing FGG to my wallet.  :lol:

Maybe they can put "fig leaf" stickers on the PF print versions if need be. :)

Btw, the book is a great read.

Best regards,
Ronald

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 am 

Ronald,

FGG has hit my wallet hard as well.  And will continue to do so.  

Of course we are all hoping the artwork was not changed for the first print run.  Can't wait to get mine.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 pm 

We had to change the pathfinder version in print as well; its a lisencing issue. The SW version has no such requirements.

I actually did not think it was any worse than a Greek statue (e.g. not sexual at all)--but such are the rules.

Bill

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:42 pm 

tsathogga wrote:We had to change the pathfinder version in print as well; its a lisencing issue. The SW version has no such requirements.

I actually did not think it was any worse than a Greek statue (e.g. not sexual at all)--but such are the rules.

Bill

Very happy you did not change for the SW version, Bill.  There is nothing wrong with that piece.....well except that I fell inadequate when viewing it!!!!

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 pm 

So I got my hardcover copy of Black Monastery the other day and I've been reading it bit by bit.  I figured it would be good but it has definitely exceeded my expectations.  Nice elements of fear mixed with a good dose of quirkiness and an interesting array of monsters and traps.  I was actually a bit frightened reading it, especially once I got to page 12....but that may have just been the alcohol.

For me it's kinda like Baba Yaga moved into Tegel Manor and started a meth lab.

An evil meth lab.  :D  

Good stuff guys.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:13 pm 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Best regards,
Ronald

Much like the obviously terrified man in the foreground...
I would be running in utter panic myself.   8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:49 pm 

Haven't seen a recent update but Tsar part 13 pdf seems to be ready for download.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Next