(BHP) Old-School Gaming Box with Erol Otus & Pete Mullen Art
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 612, 3, 4, 56
Author

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2022
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm 
 

Thanks John for taking care of the issue.  The boxes look great.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 pm 
 

John Adams wrote:Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon).


*bump?*


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Active Collector

Posts: 54
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Last Visit: Jun 07, 2013
Location: Herrin, IL

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 pm 
 

FormCritic wrote:
John Adams wrote:Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon).


*bump?*


Simon and I are working out what the final form of Delving Deeper will take. We are currently trying to get all of the material for Vol I (of three) into a single, digest booklet (the other two Vols fit)? I had a great deal of art created for Delving Deeper and most of it will just not fit into the page count limit for a digest book we currently have. We are deciding whether to 1) put a 3 booklet, no-art version of Delving Deeper into the boxed set and then also include a full-sized (letter), lavishly illustrated version with it or 2) just bite the bullet and upgrade my equipment to allow BHP to create digest booklets up to 100 pages long and thereby be able to make DD into 3 lavishly illustrated digest modules.

We will have it worked out by the weekend. The free pdfs with then quickly follow and continuous previews of the physical pieces being printed and put in boxes. No one is more ready to finish this project than me.

We will have an update on my blog on Friday.


Brave Halfling Publishing

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1603
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:08 pm 
 

John Adams wrote:
davidc wrote:Hi John,  I hope you're still monitoring this tread, I sent you an email a few days ago asking about my order from November, would you please provide an update?

Thanks in advance.


Hey David. Your shipment went out the week of April 15 with alll items but Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon). Packages sent out to Australia, France and the UK on the same day arrived earlier this week. Shipping from here to Canada takes far longer than it should (It is ships by truck and I am told that the Customs folks take their time). I have had it take up to four weeks (shipment of modules to one of my publishing partners, Arcana Creations). But please let me know if it is not there by the 15.


Hi John,

Nothing as unkind as a mailbox that does not giveth... I haven't received any of my order.

Any follow up you can do would be great, I look forward to seeing these great items!

Thanks :)


I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

  


Active Collector

Posts: 54
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Last Visit: Jun 07, 2013
Location: Herrin, IL

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 pm 
 

Hey David,

I checked and your order shipped on 4/18/12. I have seen it take as long as six weeks to get to where it wants to go in Canada. Something about customs taking their time. Give a couple more weeks and if still doesn't show up, I will ship it to you again. It is just crazy that I can ship something to Europe or Australia and it will arrive in ten days, but take weeks once it hits Canada.

My publishng partner, Arcana Creations is located in Canada and we are working out a plan where, by fall, all BHP orders to Canada will ship from Canada (at Canadian domestic rates) to Canada and eliminate this problem.


Brave Halfling Publishing

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1603
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm 
 

Thanks for the reply John, I will sit tight... Can I ask, what method is it coming, USPS?


I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

  


Active Collector

Posts: 54
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Last Visit: Jun 07, 2013
Location: Herrin, IL

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 pm 
 

davidc wrote:Thanks for the reply John, I will sit tight... Can I ask, what method is it coming, USPS?


Yes, USPS.


Brave Halfling Publishing

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 561
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm 
 

davidc wrote:Thanks for the reply John, I will sit tight... Can I ask, what method is it coming, USPS?


I know it's OT but saw your avatar and thought you might get a kick out of this.... I draw on all my kids lunch bags each week (they take 3 days) and when put together make an image......

Image

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1603
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:28 pm 
 

Holy Smokes!  That's the coolest thing ever  8O  I was thinking about that image last week in the Otus cover art thread, which it isn't but it's one I copied/drew as a kid and remember fondly...

is that one of your children's lunch, so by Wed they have a picture?  Or one day's lunches so they have to get together and make that day's picture?  Very, very cool  :D


I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 561
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:15 pm 
 

davidc wrote:Holy Smokes!  That's the coolest thing ever  8O  I was thinking about that image last week in the Otus cover art thread, which it isn't but it's one I copied/drew as a kid and remember fondly...

is that one of your children's lunch, so by Wed they have a picture?  Or one day's lunches so they have to get together and make that day's picture?  Very, very cool  :D


Each day they get a bag ( so yes, Wed completes the image)... . It's been an ongoing thing for the past 4 years... at 16 my oldest son still wants the bags (Erol's was his) and his peers look for them just as eagerly :)

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 430
Joined: Feb 09, 2012
Last Visit: Sep 04, 2021
Location: Cottonwood, Az

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:27 am 
 

lordan wrote:
Each day they get a bag ( so yes, Wed completes the image)... . It's been an ongoing thing for the past 4 years... at 16 my oldest son still wants the bags (Erol's was his) and his peers look for them just as eagerly :)


Are you looking to adopt an older fatter child, if so start sending some lunch bags my direction  :D

Very cool.

Zach



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1026
Joined: Jun 05, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 31, 2021
Location: Huntsville, Ala.

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:38 am 
 

John Adams wrote:Simon and I are working out what the final form of Delving Deeper will take. We are currently trying to get all of the material for Vol I (of three) into a single, digest booklet (the other two Vols fit)? I had a great deal of art created for Delving Deeper and most of it will just not fit into the page count limit for a digest book we currently have. We are deciding whether to 1) put a 3 booklet, no-art version of Delving Deeper into the boxed set and then also include a full-sized (letter), lavishly illustrated version with it or 2) just bite the bullet and upgrade my equipment to allow BHP to create digest booklets up to 100 pages long and thereby be able to make DD into 3 lavishly illustrated digest modules.

We will have it worked out by the weekend. The free pdfs with then quickly follow and continuous previews of the physical pieces being printed and put in boxes. No one is more ready to finish this project than me.

We will have an update on my blog on Friday.


*bumpity-bump

I've been confusing the "Old School Gaming Box" with "Delving Deeper".

I ordered "Delving Deeper" back ~ Nov 15, 2011.

What's the status?

Thanks,
Keith


"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1669
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:57 am 
 

Keith, here's the latest update on Delving Deeper from a few days ago, posted on their blog:

May Delving Deeper Update

It's later than we planned in May and we're overdue for our next Delving Deeper update.  My, how time does fly by in this busy life!

While it may seem that we haven't got very far in the last few weeks, in truth we have made some major decisions behind the scenes.

The bulk of our time has been given over to testing layouts. Dozens of them you might think, but in truth they are fiddly, time consuming things, and we have probably tried half a or so dozen variations.  The challenge before us is getting all the good stuff into a format that can actually be produced.  With our present equipment we have an absolute ceiling of 48 pages per booklet, and it turns out that just isn't enough room for 40 or so pages of text and all the beautiful illustrations John has procured and would dearly love to share.

So the upshot of it all is that DD will come in variations!

Firstly, there will be three lightly illustrated volumes.  PDF versions of these will be available for download free of charge pretty much forever, with those who have already purchased a boxed set getting their copies before it is publicly available.  Printed copies of the lightly illustrated three volumes will also ship in the boxed set along with dice, three starter adventures, a sample setting, and character sheets.

Secondly, there will also be a letter-sized, gloriously illustrated, single volume revision of Delving Deeper called, "Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes."  This version of Delving Deeper will be a Holmes clone and provides an expansion for folks who prefer those rules. While it may not ship with the boxed sets, a copy of it will ship to everyone who has pre-ordered (purchased) a Delving Deeper Boxed set a few weeks after and will then be available as a free pdf and in inexpensive perfect-bound and hard cover versions.

But WHEN will all this goodness happen?! you scream.

Soon. we calmly reply.

Now that the hard decisions have been made, the wheels are in motion again.  John has handed layout of the three digest volumes to me, while he focuses on the heavily illustrated Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes  version.  We've recruited the highly respected Zenopus into the proofing squad and Volume I is already in their hands.  I expect the other volumes to follow neatly thereafter...

(If only I would hold myself back from those epic discussions on the odd74 board, I might get this thing out sooner!)

So, all up it is pretty exciting times for Delving Deeper  

Simon & John


I can confirm that I am assisting in proofreading Volume I.

See also the follow-up post:

I am getting an excellent response from our announcement a few days ago that I will be shipping a free copy of Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes (Holmes clone) book to everyone who has pre-ordered a Delving Deeper RPG Boxed Set (a few weeks after the boxed sets ship).

As a result, I am getting lots of inquires from folks asking if they can still pre-order a Delving Deeper Boxed set. The answer is YES. Until the boxed sets start shipping (it is in sight now), I consider all orders pre-orders.

Delving Deeper Boxed Sets are available here: Delving Deeper Order Page


If you look at the order page, you can see what the pre-orders will now include:

Delving Deeper RPG Boxed Set (Pre-Order):

This Boxed Set Contains everything you need to play:

   Volume One: Adventurer's Handbook
   Volume Two: Codex of the Divine and the Arcane
   Volume Three: Index of the Fiendish and Malign
   3 Starter Adventures
   Robert Conley's, Blackmarsh Campaign Setting
   A set of nine dice (3d6, 2d10, 1d20, 1d12, 1d8, 1d4)
   A pad of 25 digest character sheets.
   Plus a highly-illustrated, 8.5" x 11" Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes rule book will be shipped a few weeks after the boxed set ships.


Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1026
Joined: Jun 05, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 31, 2021
Location: Huntsville, Ala.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 am 
 

Zenopus wrote:Keith, here's the latest update on Delving Deeper from a few days ago, posted on their blog:

May Delving Deeper Update

It's later than we planned in May and we're overdue for our next Delving Deeper update.  My, how time does fly by in this busy life!

While it may seem that we haven't got very far in the last few weeks, in truth we have made some major decisions behind the scenes.

The bulk of our time has been given over to testing layouts. Dozens of them you might think, but in truth they are fiddly, time consuming things, and we have probably tried half a or so dozen variations.  The challenge before us is getting all the good stuff into a format that can actually be produced.  With our present equipment we have an absolute ceiling of 48 pages per booklet, and it turns out that just isn't enough room for 40 or so pages of text and all the beautiful illustrations John has procured and would dearly love to share.

So the upshot of it all is that DD will come in variations!

Firstly, there will be three lightly illustrated volumes.  PDF versions of these will be available for download free of charge pretty much forever, with those who have already purchased a boxed set getting their copies before it is publicly available.  Printed copies of the lightly illustrated three volumes will also ship in the boxed set along with dice, three starter adventures, a sample setting, and character sheets.

Secondly, there will also be a letter-sized, gloriously illustrated, single volume revision of Delving Deeper called, "Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes."  This version of Delving Deeper will be a Holmes clone and provides an expansion for folks who prefer those rules. While it may not ship with the boxed sets, a copy of it will ship to everyone who has pre-ordered (purchased) a Delving Deeper Boxed set a few weeks after and will then be available as a free pdf and in inexpensive perfect-bound and hard cover versions.

But WHEN will all this goodness happen?! you scream.

Soon. we calmly reply.

Now that the hard decisions have been made, the wheels are in motion again.  John has handed layout of the three digest volumes to me, while he focuses on the heavily illustrated Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes  version.  We've recruited the highly respected Zenopus into the proofing squad and Volume I is already in their hands.  I expect the other volumes to follow neatly thereafter...

(If only I would hold myself back from those epic discussions on the odd74 board, I might get this thing out sooner!)

So, all up it is pretty exciting times for Delving Deeper  

Simon & John


I can confirm that I am assisting in proofreading Volume I.

See also the follow-up post:

I am getting an excellent response from our announcement a few days ago that I will be shipping a free copy of Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes (Holmes clone) book to everyone who has pre-ordered a Delving Deeper RPG Boxed Set (a few weeks after the boxed sets ship).

As a result, I am getting lots of inquires from folks asking if they can still pre-order a Delving Deeper Boxed set. The answer is YES. Until the boxed sets start shipping (it is in sight now), I consider all orders pre-orders.

Delving Deeper Boxed Sets are available here: Delving Deeper Order Page


If you look at the order page, you can see what the pre-orders will now include:

Delving Deeper RPG Boxed Set (Pre-Order):

This Boxed Set Contains everything you need to play:

   Volume One: Adventurer's Handbook
   Volume Two: Codex of the Divine and the Arcane
   Volume Three: Index of the Fiendish and Malign
   3 Starter Adventures
   Robert Conley's, Blackmarsh Campaign Setting
   A set of nine dice (3d6, 2d10, 1d20, 1d12, 1d8, 1d4)
   A pad of 25 digest character sheets.
   Plus a highly-illustrated, 8.5" x 11" Delving Deeper: Perilous Mazes rule book will be shipped a few weeks after the boxed set ships.


*sparkly eyes*
Thank you for the update and for the extra goodies.
The Holmes clone will be a great added treat!


"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 561
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:04 am 
 

Nogrod wrote:
lordan wrote:
Each day they get a bag ( so yes, Wed completes the image)... . It's been an ongoing thing for the past 4 years... at 16 my oldest son still wants the bags (Erol's was his) and his peers look for them just as eagerly :)


Are you looking to adopt an older fatter child, if so start sending some lunch bags my direction  :D

Very cool.

Zach


lol... I would be a small country if I took everyone who has asked up on that offer .. :) This weeks bags were Game of Thrones  :D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 pm 
 

http://carpgp.blogspot.com/2012/07/personal-update.html

OK - But what about the Delving Deeper project?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1026
Joined: Jun 05, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 31, 2021
Location: Huntsville, Ala.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm 
 

I was just wondering if I could get a status on my order.

Message me if you need an email address or shipping address.

Thanks!
Keith


"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

 WWW  
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 612, 3, 4, 56