"Bug Wars" Prints - David Sutherland
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:59 pm 

Is anyone familar with the "Bug Wars" prints that were made by Dave Sutherland?  The prints are approximately 8-1/2" x 11" and feature bright or highly-saturated colors over pen and ink.

I have seen two prints.  One is "Bug Wars #1", and the other is "Bug Wars #2".   Both are signed by Dave Sutherland and are dated with the abbreviated year " '72 ".

Does the Bug Wars series of prints continue beyond #2?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:12 am 

Hi, i own the BW#3... it'd be nice to have a glance at nr.1 and nr.2: would you be so kind to post pics here pls?

BTW, do you know what is the print run of each BW artwork?

thanks and ciaooo
axel

PS should you be interested i can post a pic of mine!

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:00 pm 

I have a whole set (I think it's complete) of the Sutherland prints... not sure how many in total, maybe 25 or so.

I went looking for them last night to see how many were bug-related... and I couldn't find them. Hopefully just a temporary misplacement and they'll show themselves shortly. If/when they do, I'll post pics of any in the bug war series.

Regards
Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:48 am 

I found my Sutherland prints... the portfolio is a real sampling of his work featuring a bunch of different styles. Only two bug prints though:

I have 25 prints in total - a lot of fantasy obviously, but a few others outsid ethat genre including a hussar or dragoon sketch, and one of what looks to be an American soldier in Vietnam. I don't know how many different prints there are - I thought the 25 I have were a full set but it seems likely there are more.

I'd be keen to see your bug print Aia if you can post a scan.

Regards
Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 am 

ehi, looking at your BW#2 and checking with mine, well they are the same!!!

as a matter of fact mine has at the bottom of the page both signature and the title "BUG WARS #3" written by the author.

For the sake oof completeness i bought this item from a well known seller on ebay back in 2007 and he said that this artwork was from Sutherland's personal collection.

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!