Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 98123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 969798
Author


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5611
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:00 pm 
 

The original Pagan Publishing crew were great guys, out of Columbia, MO.  The folks at Biohazard Games were an offshoot, also original Pagan members:  they could put on some absolutely brilliant con tourneys!!! :D


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:44 pm 
 

This one teeters on the brink of the "silliest price" thread, but I thought I'd cut the guy a break and post here.

Nice-looking Cosmic Encounter (Eon edition) plus eight sealed expansions:

Eon Cosmic Encounter Expansions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 MIB | eBay

But the asking price is just ludicrous — or at least I assume so, but who knows with eBay any more?

Anyway, it's already been relisted once. Any CE fans might want to keep an eye on this if the seller is smart enough to re-list and lower the opening bid considerably.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:19 pm 
 

Dungeonmaster's Index
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8771740094
$2 with <6 days to go

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:20 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:But the asking price is just ludicrous — or at least I assume so, but who knows with eBay any more?

Totally ludicrous, I suspect.

Have seen sealed CE expansions at $10-15 a pop (missed a few at that level or thereabouts).

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:03 pm 
 

faro wrote:Totally ludicrous, I suspect.

Have seen sealed CE expansions at $10-15 a pop (missed a few at that level or thereabouts).

In the recent past, I picked up a decent unpunched Eon set, plus all nine expansions for much, much less — I think I was out the door at about $400, plus the guy threw in free Priority Mail shipping. I meant to post it on a "fun finds" thread, but it just never seemed to happen.

Expansion #9 is the tough nut to crack — it often goes for north of $75, depending upon condition — and it just happens to be the one expansion that this particular seller is not offering. He could easily sell this lot, but not at the opening numbers he is currently using.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1843
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:53 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Cosmic Encounter (Eon edition) plus eight sealed expansions:

Eon Cosmic Encounter Expansions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 MIB | eBay

...keep an eye on this if the seller is smart enough to re-list and lower the opening bid considerably.


Well, first off it's the 1e CE, thin box; they did the fat box later to accommodate all those dam' expansions. ;>

At my live auctions, CE 1st in that condition often goes for $125-200. Each expansion goes for $15-35; in new condition like these, $25-50. So I come up with $600, and it's listed for 9... so yah, a bit of a premium to get 'em all at once, in that condition. (imnsho after personally selling dozens of these over the last 25 years...) And yah, quite so on #9, as noted above. Xax, you got a helluva deal.

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:53 pm 
 

Hey, here's another with a CE-sort of theme: a nice, unpunched copy of Avalon Hill's Dune, and from the game designer's collection, too.

I can vouch for Peter Olotka (that's the seller) as both a good guy and a reliable eBay seller. He has begun to auction a lot of really neat items from his personal collection to help offset costs at his Cosmic Encounter Online site.

Almost forgot the actual link:

Dune Frank Herbert 1st | eBay

I've got a bid in, but feel free to blow me out of the water. It's for a good cause.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:59 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Hey, here's another with a CE-sort of theme: a nice, unpunched copy of Avalon Hill's Dune, and from the game designer's collection, too.

I can vouch for Peter Olotka (that's the seller) as both a good guy and a reliable eBay seller. He has begun to auction a lot of really neat items from his personal collection to help offset costs at his Cosmic Encounter Online site.

Almost forgot the actual link:

Dune Frank Herbert 1st | eBay

I've got a bid in, but feel free to blow me out of the water. It's for a good cause.


dont them dune things normally go for quite a lot? i was looking for one at one point a while ago but just didnt want to pay a lot for one.

Al



  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:07 pm 
 

Honestly, I think that $99 BIN is pretty attractive. Dune often goes for $50 to $100 (depending on edition and condition, of course), and it is one of those sorts of games that is almost always sold in punched condition. I suppose that means that most people actually played the game; great for them, not so good for the average collector.

This is definitely a nice copy from a reliable seller ... like I said, I'm tempted.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:19 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Honestly, I think that $99 BIN is pretty attractive. Dune often goes for $50 to $100 (depending on edition and condition, of course), and it is one of those sorts of games that is almost always sold in punched condition. I suppose that means that most people actually played the game; great for them, not so good for the average collector.

This is definitely a nice copy from a reliable seller ... like I said, I'm tempted.


well i would prb be very interested if i could afford the fekin thing, which right now i cant :D

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:58 pm 
 

$99 BIN is very reasonable IMO, for an unpunched copy from the designer. I picked up a copy a couple of years ago, VG condition although punched, and paid $35 for it - copies in average condition usually top $50 so I has happy with the price I paid.

I haven't played it.... though it looks like a lot of fun, from reading the rules.

Regards

Mike

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2709
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:58 am 
 

Call of Cthulhu Gaslight - 1st edition box set - in the shrinkwrap for you stretchy plastic fetishists.

Cthulhu by Gaslight: Horror | eBay

$75.00 Buy it now is not a bad price for this at all.  Hmmm, tempted...


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:39 pm 
 

Lordan wrote:Another SELWG Middle Earth Wargames Rules Rare Tolkien:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8770096249

Looks like that's going to be a long way shy of $99 this time...
($17 with 5 hours to go)

Possibly worthwhile mentioning that the seller has a few other "interesting items", all due to finish around the same time.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:57 am 
 

faro wrote:
Lordan wrote:Another SELWG Middle Earth Wargames Rules Rare Tolkien:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8770096249

Looks like that's going to be a long way shy of $99 this time...
($17 with 5 hours to go)

Possibly worthwhile mentioning that the seller has a few other "interesting items", all due to finish around the same time.


Got a good portion of the way there....


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:35 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Nice-looking Cosmic Encounter (Eon edition) plus eight sealed expansions:

Eon Cosmic Encounter Expansions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 MIB | eBay

But the asking price is just ludicrous ...

Yeah, it was a no-sale. It's now on its third listing (that I know of; possibly, there have been more). The opening price has been dropped by $100, but the following cheesy note has been added: "I can't sell this for less than $800." (in all-caps, actually).

To which my reply is: "Dude, you might have to."

The more I think on it, the more I feel I cut this guy a break by not posting on the "silliest price" thread.

+++++

(and the $16.95 to ship doesn't improve my opinion, either ...)

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:51 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Yeah, it was a no-sale. It's now on its third listing (that I know of; possibly, there have been more). The opening price has been dropped by $100, but the following cheesy note has been added: "I can't sell this for less than $800." (in all-caps, actually).

I'm pretty close to saying it might sell better at GenCon, judging by Frank's comments, above...

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 553
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 20, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:08 am 
 

Another  S.E.L.W.G.  Be warned pic is obviously from last auction ( seller admits it's not his copy ) and gives minimal description:

Wargame Rules: Games | eBay

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2709
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:37 pm 
 

Full set of the Unspeakable Oath (missing bits from #4, but with the v. rare #2)

Unspeakable Oath: Horror | eBay

Hubba hubba.  :)


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1843
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:47 pm 
 

faro wrote:it might sell better at GenCon, judging by Frank's comments, above...


Maybe... but the seller may have bought it from me in the first place. Those expansion sets look familiar. :/

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5611
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 am 
 

ExTSR wrote:Maybe... but the seller may have bought it from me in the first place. Those expansion sets look familiar. :/


But Frank, doesn't everything look familiar now? :D


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 98123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 969798