Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 98123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 969798
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 1969
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 26, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 pm 
 

Guess this is just common now...

Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth: Adventure Modules | eBay

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:38 pm 
 

dbartman wrote:Guess this is just common now...
Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth: Adventure Modules | eBay

No, I wasn't sure why that was listed simultaneously!
Finances have to reach a limit for people, sometime... (maybe :P)

Yeah, common enough *jk*. Latest copy, barring a private sale, (NM but for a tiny cover split - all too frequent on Tsojs) barely scraped $900 and that was with Jeff's assistance.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3797
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:48 am 
 

faro wrote:Personally, it's not far off it's "value" already. If anyone wants to pay more, I'll leave 'em to it.
D'you need one, Stephen?

(Hey, it makes a change from Al, John and Brian ramping up the bidding...).


Yeah, it's one of those holes I'm eager to fill.  Probably not at that price, though.

(Remembers the nice one you binned at $800 or so...)

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:34 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:(Remembers the nice one you binned at $800 or so...)

NM, $800: largest purchase at that point in time and pretty much spot-on its "value", I'd've thought.
Another $75 and I'd certainly have left it; another $50 and I'm not sure.

Haven't seen the previous owner around here recently :(

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 186
Joined: Apr 13, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2006
Location: At the Door of the Colorado National Monument

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:14 pm 
 

It seems much more common.  I would speculate that the MDG connection has something to do with that.


"I can shew you houses that have stood two centuries and a half and more; houses that have witnessed what would make a modern house crumble into powder.  What do moderns know of life and the forces behind it?" --Richard Upton Pickman

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:01 pm 
 

Much more common than?

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 186
Joined: Apr 13, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2006
Location: At the Door of the Colorado National Monument

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:12 pm 
 

I was referring to Lost Tamoachan and The Ghost Tower of Inverness.  The Lost Caverns of Tsojconth has enjoyed a greater frequency in the open market in recent years.


"I can shew you houses that have stood two centuries and a half and more; houses that have witnessed what would make a modern house crumble into powder.  What do moderns know of life and the forces behind it?" --Richard Upton Pickman

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:23 pm 
 

tfm wrote:I was referring to Lost Tamoachan and The Ghost Tower of Inverness.  The Lost Caverns of Tsojconth has enjoyed a greater frequency in the open market in recent years.

I was just going to leave that at "more common than a Daystar Rahasia".

There have been a large enough number of Tamos and Invernesses floating around, too.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:46 pm 
 

Ringworld box + Companion book, Thieves World box plus 2 WoWs. Not perfect condition, but good at current price ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8769506896
$3 with <7 days to go

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:40 pm 
 

faro wrote:(Hey, it makes a change from Al, John and Brian ramping up the bidding...).


ah thats cos i dont have time to bid :)

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:50 pm 
 

faro wrote:Ringworld box + Companion book, Thieves World box plus 2 WoWs. Not perfect condition, but good at current price ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8769506896
$3 with <7 days to go


Nice auction, seller is 100%, but does

screamingjackass ( 158)


inspire confidence in the seller??  8O


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2749
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:06 pm 
 

The same seller has a very nice Call of Cthulhu lot up - including some rarely seen items.

Call of Cthulhu Delta Green | eBay


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:11 pm 
 

red_bus wrote:The same seller has a very nice Call of Cthulhu lot up - including some rarely seen items.

Call of Cthulhu Delta Green | eBay


Why would you not break that lot up and sell it individually? I can't imagine the whole going for anywhere near what the parts would go for sold individually.  :?


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2749
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:32 pm 
 

I know!  The two player's kits would be top of my 'want list'. Ah well.  :cry:


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:03 pm 
 

If anyone collects them, I believe these are french versions of the "Fighting Fantasy" books:

cgi.ebay.ca/4-livres-livre-dont-vous-et ... otohosting

 YIM  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2495
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 26, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:21 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:If anyone collects them, I believe these are french versions of the "Fighting Fantasy" books:

cgi.ebay.ca/4-livres-livre-dont-vous-et ... otohosting


Yes it it french versions of Fighting Fantasy books.

This kind of auctions let me thing about the fact that, strangely, french non-TSR D&D related products are unknown by US collectors, why? I mean it exists some generic products which was made to play with D&D rules or other medfan (like JG for US): "Nouvelles Editions Fantastiques NEF", or " Editions du Dragon Ludique", "Le dernier cercle", "Les éditions du dragon radieux" etc. They are very difficult to found and some products are very good. They was made in the early-mid 80's (1983-85).
No one collects them?

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2459
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 05, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:39 am 
 

lokiwookie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:If anyone collects them, I believe these are french versions of the "Fighting Fantasy" books:

cgi.ebay.ca/4-livres-livre-dont-vous-et ... otohosting


Yes it it french versions of Fighting Fantasy books.

This kind of auctions let me thing about the fact that, strangely, french non-TSR D&D related products are unknown by US collectors, why? I mean it exists some generic products which was made to play with D&D rules or other medfan (like JG for US): "Nouvelles Editions Fantastiques NEF", or " Editions du Dragon Ludique", "Le dernier cercle", "Les éditions du dragon radieux" etc. They are very difficult to found and some products are very good. They was made in the early-mid 80's (1983-85).
No one collects them?


There is always someone that collects them, I also collect Solo Game books like FF... only the top left is a FF book, the next 2 are "The Way of the Tiger" book, unsure on the last one.. but it would be easy to find out

Brette:)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:40 am 
 

Marlith wrote:
red_bus wrote:The same seller has a very nice Call of Cthulhu lot up - including some rarely seen items.

Call of Cthulhu Delta Green | eBay


Why would you not break that lot up and sell it individually? I can't imagine the whole going for anywhere near what the parts would go for sold individually.  :?


   I think the title, The Unspeakable Oath is pretty funny.  If no one can say it, then what's the problem?

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:02 am 
 

Much like saying "I am talking about He Who Shall Not be Named." Wouldn't that be naming him?

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:23 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:I think the title, The Unspeakable Oath is pretty funny. If no one can say it, then what's the problem?

Well, I suspect it might be possible to say, but you'd probably be an unspeakable oaf for doing so.
Some Mythos critters can be kinda sensitive that way...

Hastur is involved/invoked after a fashion;
TUO1 wrote:Tynes Cowan Corporation
For those who may be wondering, the title is drawn from a spell created by Keith Herber in a scenario from CTHULHU NOW ("The Evil Stars") about a Hastur-inspired rock group. The spell was "The Unspeakable Promise," but I kept calling it "The Unspeakable Oath" by mistake in our games. The name just fit somehow, and off we went.


=
OK, thanks Frank! So much for me spending 20 minutes trying to find an animated tentacle gif with a transparent background. :P

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 98123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 969798