Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 9812, 3, 4, 5 ... 969798
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 16, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:55 am 
 

Killjoy, Insta-Character comes up all the time. The author has a pile of them that he is selling slowly.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Killjoy, Insta-Character comes up all the time. The author has a pile of them that he is selling slowly.


cheers Deady! mbassoc2003 is gonna flog it onto me when he gets it so should be ok.... nice to know tho so might keep my eye on them....



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:53 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 68372&rd=1

spotted this just before....nice selection of non-tsr stuff for a very minimal price!



  


Active Collector

Posts: 58
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2007
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:34 pm 
 

Well, talking of mbassoc2003, top class sniper that he is...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5951495009
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5950844407

2 copies of Wilderlands of the Magic Realm for USD36 and GBP33

Beat me on both.

ok - so I bottled on the second one at GBP 29, and watched someone else get out sniped anyway

What do you want two of them for?

Anyway, you've certainly please darkseraphim and killjoy!


In fact, thinking back...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5936763610
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5936765166
is another Wilderlands of the Magic Realm and of Fantastic Reaches that you managed to grab back in November for GBP23 each - 1st Editions.
Are you sure you want all three, and wouldn't prefer to send one south of the border a bit?

Whilst we're at it, in case people don't know DriveThruRPG.com - The Largest RPG Download Store! has PDF versions of some JG stuff.
I'm _trying_ to buy a real one, but might have to fall back on downloads if it keeps going at this rate :-|

BJS

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6421
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 18, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:15 pm 
 

b_stedman wrote:Well, talking of mbassoc2003, top class sniper that he is...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5951495009
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5950844407

2 copies of Wilderlands of the Magic Realm for USD36 and GBP33

Beat me on both.

ok - so I bottled on the second one at GBP 29, and watched someone else get out sniped anyway

What do you want two of them for?

Anyway, you've certainly please darkseraphim and killjoy!


In fact, thinking back...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5936763610
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5936765166
is another Wilderlands of the Magic Realm and of Fantastic Reaches that you managed to grab back in November for GBP23 each - 1st Editions.
Are you sure you want all three, and wouldn't prefer to send one south of the border a bit?

Whilst we're at it, in case people don't know DriveThruRPG.com - The Largest RPG Download Store! has PDF versions of some JG stuff.
I'm _trying_ to buy a real one, but might have to fall back on downloads if it keeps going at this rate :-|

BJS


Sorry  BJS.
You missed this little lot on BIN. 1st Magic Realms, 2nd Fantastic Reaches and maybe a 1st Wilderlands Beyonde (but probably a 2nd).  8O

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWN:IT

I'm just building a wee collection of JG stuff. I would be willing to swap a first or second printing of Magic Realms for something else. I'm looking for a 1st Edition CSIO or a 1st Edition Dark Tower. That 1st CSIO has been illuding me for over a year.  :evil:

I thought if I bought up all the Magic Realms ever printed I may be able to influence the price.  :D

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:01 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sorry  BJS.
You missed this little lot on BIN. 1st Magic Realms, 2nd Fantastic Reaches and maybe a 1st Wilderlands Beyonde (but probably a 2nd).  8O

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWN:IT

Am still trying to figure out whether that's a better deal that their copy of Dungeon #1 at $149.99....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5951908945

*jk*

Noticed they've got Lin Carter's little S&S quasi-series for $4.99 at present. Well, the others never got written/published, anyhow...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4522317308

Is pretty good value at that price and makes for a fun campaign premise (was the basis of my primary long-running setting, albeit without giving the periodic table quite so bad a mauling as Lin did. ;))

Definitely a plus not to use an overly-familiar setting, sometimes, IMHO...

mbassoc2003 wrote:I thought if I bought up all the Magic Realms ever printed I may be able to influence the price.  :D

Whatever...

Yer second name not "Cougar" by any chance? :?

  


Active Collector

Posts: 58
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2007
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:01 pm 
 

Sorry - my CSIO's revised edition

Yes, you have influenced the price - I pushing 30 quid now instead of just over 20. Naughty me! Mustn't spend so much money on games!

I've got spare Modron 2nd ed (no maps), and campaign maps 1, 2/3, 4/5 & 9/10 all spare just in case you're interested.

I'd also like a 1st ed Astigar's Lair, which I think you've got - the one with Arocken and Benedict, rather than Therain and Dainer - yes, you outbid me on this one at the last minute as well. I lent mine to someone about 20 years ago and never got it back.

No, I didn't see the other auction, as I primarily look at JG stuff in the uk unless it says Wilderlands. £53 is a good price too.

I really thought I was going to get the last Wilderlands, since the two were going, and I'd seen you get one of them so as I said to killjoy32, I should be okay with the other. Such is life. No hard feelings. Think of all the money you've saved me :-)

BJS

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 16, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:04 pm 
 

$100 seems a steep price to pay for a few modules, first prints or not.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:30 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:$100 seems a steep price to pay for a few modules, first prints or not.


depends how much you want it tho, doesn't it? the value of an item is irrelevant in the scheme of things, when it is the ONE thing you REALLY want.

bruce...i did warn you mate :) there were a LOT of watchers at the end on all three of them items going - it was lots of fun watching all the sniping going on there on all the items! the end prices actually surprised me as well i have to say, but like i said, if its an item you truly want....the value you pay doesnt matter.

will keep you posted tho if i come across another...

Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:05 pm 
 

Mis-spelled 1st edition CoC, Villains & Vigilantes + modules, other stuff...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5953158223
$20 doesn't seem bad, but there's no pics. (4 days to go).

(Also gives me an opportunity to ask whether anyone else noticed those first four issues of "The Unspeakable Oath" zine which just sold?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5951912458
$279 is as high as I've seen, anyhow...).

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:56 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
(Also gives me an opportunity to ask whether anyone else noticed those first four issues of "The Unspeakable Oath" zine which just sold?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5951912458
$279 is as high as I've seen, anyhow...).


Yeah, that was me just deciding that I finally had to have them to complete my set and was tired of being outbid in previous auctions.  I just need 2 and 3 so it can be expected that 1 and 4 will be back on eBay separately in a month of so unless someone wants to make me an offer now.   :wink:

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5658
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 18, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:11 am 
 

Had I known you were looking William, we probably could have arranged a trade:  IIRC, I have one or two spare TUOs in the 1-6 range....


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5658
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 18, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:37 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Mis-spelled 1st edition CoC, Villains & Vigilantes + modules, other stuff...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5953158223
$20 doesn't seem bad, but there's no pics. (4 days to go).


Love that shipping quote ;)


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:38 pm 
 

grodog wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Mis-spelled 1st edition CoC, Villains & Vigilantes + modules, other stuff...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5953158223
$20 doesn't seem bad, but there's no pics. (4 days to go).


Love that shipping quote ;)


WOW!!!!  8O I think it would cheaper for me to drive out to Idaho and pick up myself, only 2500 miles each way......

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5658
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 18, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:52 am 
 

Grenadier DragonLords wall calendar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 82673&rd=1


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 30
Joined: May 13, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 18, 2021
Location: Shelton, Ct.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:50 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
grodog wrote:
Love that shipping quote ;)


WOW!!!!  8O I think it would cheaper for me to drive out to Idaho and pick up myself, only 2500 miles each way......


LOL  I hadn't even caught that.  I thought he was talking about how it says "United States Only" and then the next line says "Will Ship World Wide".

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:09 am 
 

grodog wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Mis-spelled 1st edition CoC, Villains & Vigilantes + modules, other stuff...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5953158223
$20 doesn't seem bad, but there's no pics. (4 days to go).


Love that shipping quote ;)

Eep! I didn't try that... Good spot, Allan!
Worked out at $92 for a ZIP code I knew in KY...

Thank you to whoever queried with the seller to clarify.
*
Response was friendly enough "Well I have no experience with the shipping calculator. I usually just do a flat fee....I'm not sure where you are wanting it shipped to but I'm positive that $120.00 is absolutely ridiculous even for someplace way overseas. I would say it probably won't cost more than $20.00 - $30.00 to mail no matter where it's too."

(presumably not media mail, but still a distinct improvement).

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:19 am 
 

i can get a flight across europe and back for $120 :)



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:56 pm 
 

Elfquest anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 27363&rd=1


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:59 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
grodog wrote:
Love that shipping quote ;)

Eep! I didn't try that... Good spot, Allan!
Worked out at $92 for a ZIP code I knew in KY...

Thank you to whoever queried with the seller to clarify.
*
Response was friendly enough "Well I have no experience with the shipping calculator. I usually just do a flat fee....I'm not sure where you are wanting it shipped to but I'm positive that $120.00 is absolutely ridiculous even for someplace way overseas. I would say it probably won't cost more than $20.00 - $30.00 to mail no matter where it's too."

(presumably not media mail, but still a distinct improvement).



Thanks for pointing this auction out!  I always love it when sellers make large mistakes with shipping.  I was the one who asked the initial question and made some subsequent queries on what exactly the extra modules were.  His response:



Paul,

    Well I typed in that zip code and it says the shipping is $120.72
or something
just like you said.  As long as you're in the US we will ship it for
$10.00
shipping.  We know it's not going to take 120 or anything.  I won't
have
time to go to the post office for exact shipping so we're just guessing
on
the $10.00 if it's a little bit less I guess you'll be paying a little
bit more
but if it's a bit more we'll cover it.  That should cover insurance on
it as well.
The auction will end before we get a chance to check with the Post
office though.

Here is everthing that the collection comes with:
Villians and Vigilantes Revised Edition
2008 Most Wanted Volume 1
2019  Organized Crime
2004 The Island of Doctor Apocalypse
2002 There's a Crisis at Crusader Citadel
Character record sheets

Tales from the Crypt
Cryptic Campaigns
Sick Little Sagas
World of Tales from the Crypt
World of Tales from the Crypt Masterbook Boxed Set
Decks sealed in boxed set
Call of Cthulu Boxed set
Heroes of Olympus Boxed set



Not too bad for $30.00 (at least not with a complete CoC box set.)  8)


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 9812, 3, 4, 5 ... 969798