Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 108123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 106107108
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:13 am 

Nice Cthulhu Keeper's Kit (the seller also has a Cthulhu Gaslight boxset up - a recent shrinkwrapped one went for £100+)

Call of Cthulhu: Horror | eBay

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:18 am 

Pagan Publishing Walker in the Wastes Cthulhu campaign - not so often seen around now.

Call of Cthulhu: Toys & Hobbies | eBay

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:23 am 

White Dwarf Archive £40 only 3 left.  Instant PayPal payment required.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5229490948

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:20 pm 

johnhuck wrote:White Dwarf Archive £40 only 3 left. Instant PayPal payment required.

Only 2 now....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:49 pm 

Wyrm's Footnotes #6:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:14 pm 

grodog wrote:
johnhuck wrote:White Dwarf Archive £40 only 3 left. Instant PayPal payment required.

Only 2 now....

Strange... Neither of you bought a copy from Ian under his old eBay handle... ;)

Or did you both notice the other open-auction copy went for ~£52.50? (and could have been pushed further).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:17 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
grodog wrote:Only 2 now....

Strange... Neither of you bought a copy from Ian under his old eBay handle... ;)

Or did you both notice the other open-auction copy went for ~£52.50? (and could have been pushed further).

Ian why did you you change your handle? I noticed that yesterday and was just curious? :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Strange... Neither of you bought a copy from Ian under his old eBay handle... ;)

Ian why did you you change your handle? I noticed that yesterday and was just curious? :?

Hi All,

Nothing suspicious or underhanded. There were two reasons. The first is my GF has been fishing to find out what I've been buying on eBay and knows my old handle 'mba<EDIT>ssoc' (from my company name). I don't want her seeing how much I pay for some of the stuff I buy 'cos I'd be in deep sh*t. Secondly, I wanted to bring my handle in line with my shop and webpage name RPG Swap Shop and rpg_auctions was the only combination that eBay would allow me to have.

So, my appologies for any misdirection, but it was not in the least bit underhanded.

Thanks for the business anyway. I need to make some dents in my extortionate credit card bills.

Ian

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:17 pm 

Sounds logical enough: I'd just presumed the second reason.

If she knows the 2003 part, too, will be able to find you on eBay or here, via Google.
If she doesn't, will still be able to pick up your post, above, once that has registered with Google.

Good luck, Ian. :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:20 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The first is my GF has been fishing to find out what I've been buying on eBay and knows my old handle 'mbassoc' (from my company name MB Associates). I don't want her seeing how much I pay for some of the stuff I buy 'cos I'd be in deep sh*t.
Ian

tut tut tut :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:15 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Sounds logical enough: I'd just presumed the second reason.

If she knows the 2003 part, too, will be able to find you on eBay or here, via Google.
If she doesn't, will still be able to pick up your post, above, once that has registered with Google.

Good luck, Ian. :?

I'll just need to take my chances now. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:51 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Strange... Neither of you bought a copy from Ian under his old eBay handle... ;)

Dithered for too long trying to decide if I really wanted one on the first two occasions :? . So, when the opportunity arose, I thought I'd buy first and ask myself questions later. And I didn't realise I was buying from Ian until he PM'd me after I posted the link :oops:. I had seen the £50+ auction so I knew it would be easy enough to resell if I don't want it. But I'm probably more likely to sell my originals 8O .

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:16 pm 

johnhuck wrote:

Dithered for too long trying to decide if I really wanted one on the first two occasions :? . So, when the opportunity arose, I thought I'd buy first and ask myself questions later. And I didn't realise I was buying from Ian until he PM'd me after I posted the link :oops:. I had seen the £50+ auction so I knew it would be easy enough to resell if I don't want it. But I'm probably more likely to sell my originals 8O .

Well I just bought one too. I was kind of back and forth on it myself, but I figured hopefully this will stop me from buying more of the originals in the future. :wink: The again knowing me probably not. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:39 pm 

Out of my range, but probably significant for others:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Tekumel stuff...probably rare.

8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:47 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I'll just need to take my chances now. :D

*reads above*

mba<EDIT>ssoc

Doesn't look like you're taking chances with that one! :lol:
Is your GF handy with knives or something? :P

£40 was a nice price point to hit for the White Dwarf Archive, btw. (Well, other than the £39.95/99 trick).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:06 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Out of my range, but probably significant for others:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Tekumel stuff...probably rare.

8)

damn - N/S America only :(

one of them just sold in the UK for about £60 or so. would have liked to get one tsk tsk...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:07 am 

harami2000 wrote:£40 was a nice price point to hit for the White Dwarf Archive, btw. (Well, other than the £39.95/99 trick).

yeah i would have liked one of them - a pretty cool item imo, but just cant afford atm....well done to whoever got em tho!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:32 am 

About the White Dwarf DVD...

I can see resale not being a problem. Also, having a 'promo' disk I notice a difference between the security on the promo disk and the DVD Archive. The DVD Archive doesn't seem to have much copy protection on it. Presumably the security on the promo disk had to be licensed from someone and wasn't implemented on the DVD due to cost?

So you could copy the DVD and sell it. However, I do like to 'feel' of the finished package, so I'll be keeping mine.

About hardcopy White Dwarfs...

I'm still completeing my collection seeing as I've been building if for the past year. Most notably, I'm looking for issues 6 and 23 if anyone has spare copies. There are gaps at the top end also, but I can get those for 99p on eBay.

About wives with knives...

I am incredibly irresponsible with money. I run up debt, pay it off, run it up again, etc, etc. Understadibly she gets real pissed off at this. The only saving grace is that eBay is the great leveller. Everything you buy at auction, provided you are cautious and sensible, inevitably retains its value for resale. So I would expect to recover the money I spent on Sarland, Revenant, etc. in the event that I decided to sell them. Things in our market don't seem to depreciate that much.

About future PDF releases...

I hear words that TM Games are planning a release of Tortured Souls. Ian Taylor at SPI has also said he is planning of re-releasing the ARes Magazine Archive, and of course we'd be most grateful if Different Worlds would cast caution to the wind and republish that great publication. A lot of our favourite writers and games designers appeared in the early issues of Different Worlds, and being from the UK, we never saw much of that magazine.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 108123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 106107108