Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 108123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 106107108
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:04 pm 

If it goes over $100, then the person paid too much, IMO.  Even I paid too much for my copy, but I was a bit more flexible in that auction than I normally am.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:35 pm 

Nice Runequest lot, although lots of water damage. Still, might be a good kick-around set. Probably go for cheap...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:00 pm 

Gold-plated Grenadier wizard is now up on eBay:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

The BIN seems reasonable to me considering this is only the second one
I've seen for sale in the last 10 years (I bought the first one about 7 years ago).   :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:14 pm 

Were there other gold-plated miniatures?  Or just the Wizard?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:25 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Were there other gold-plated miniatures? Or just the Wizard?

There was an orc shaman, who is even rarer according to Andy Chernak.  
And I believe I saw a gold basilisk online a long while ago, but Chernak doesn't recall that one.  So far, only the wizard and orc shaman are confirmed as definitely existing.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:11 pm 

Book of Treasure; hardly the best copy around, but still stuck without a bid;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5188197490
$5 opening with just over 1 day to go.
Seller (<hissingelf>) has a few other interesting items, as usual...
*picks one at random for $5*
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5188198887

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:33 pm 

Hey, I know the guy who is winning that auction for The Arcanum!  Good spot on his part, as he's been looking for one of those.

That Book of Treasures volume looks interesting, given the ethnic treasures it provides, but I don't need to deal with force blades.  I've got Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Star Wars, or even SpaceMaster that I can use if I want those.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:14 am 

Anderson's First Fantasy Campaign "misprint" $50 min bid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Shadis Magazine issues 1-5:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
Can't say that I'm a KODT fan, but apparently they first appeared here....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:26 am 

grodog wrote:Anderson's First Fantasy Campaign "misprint" $50 min bid:

Our freinds over at Tight Ass Games/Tony's Ass Wop Shop tried to pull this one off too, and scored $200 with it. Every single issue of this book has the same mis-print. None of them have ever had 88 pages.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:58 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
grodog wrote:Anderson's First Fantasy Campaign "misprint" $50 min bid:

Our freinds over at Tight Ass Games/Tony's Ass Wop Shop tried to pull this one off too, and scored $200 with it. Every single issue of this book has the same mis-print. None of them have ever had 88 pages.

Is it even a misprint when EVERY SINGLE COPY has the same "misprint"?  There's a sucker born every minute I guess.

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:40 pm 

Traveller wrote:Hey, I know the guy who is winning that auction for The Arcanum! Good spot on his part, as he's been looking for one of those.

That Book of Treasures volume looks interesting, given the ethnic treasures it provides, but I don't need to deal with force blades. I've got Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Star Wars, or even SpaceMaster that I can use if I want those.

A friend of mine had one of these back in '87 or '88.  The character classes were really cool and the reference info on alchemy was pretty awesome.  I would have bid on this as well had I not just plopped down a few $$$ for From the Ashes and a couple of Traveller sets.  Hope he enjoys it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:47 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

For Traveller completists.  I have been told that this is one of the rarer items which I assume the current price reflects.  Looks to be in really nice shape as well.  This is actually only the second one that I have seen on Ebay since I started looking a few months ago.

Traveller, is this item really that rare?  Or is it just because of the condition?  I would like to pick one up eventually but I cant see myself paying over $50 for it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:57 am 

I don't thinks it counts as Traveller since I think it came out before Traveller, but if you are talking GDW space games, I would think the old Triplanetary in the long cardboard box would be pretty rare.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:22 am 

i won a very old sci-fi game the other week, called "SIGMA OMEGA" IIRC....

only had a chance to have a quick look at it, but it looks way cool....all the counters with it are uncut too. no box sadly, but still a great little buy. i love quirky little things like this.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:20 am 

ddt58 wrote:I don't thinks it counts as Traveller since I think it came out before Traveller, but if you are talking GDW space games, I would think the old Triplanetary in the long cardboard box would be pretty rare.

The one thing about Traveller items I dont know much about is rarity or estimated value.  But I would like to know if you have any specific resources.  So far the best resource I have found is The Illustrated Traveller Bibliography found here:  http://www.travellerbibliography.org/ct.html#gdw

Not sure what you are referring to when you mention "triplanetary" but according to their information Invasion: Earth was published in '81 and since it states on the box "the final battle of the Solomani Rim War" it sounds like Traveller to me.  :wink:  From what I gather TSR used the same idea as GDW did when they created Star Frontiers.  Alpha Dawn covered the role-playing aspect and Knight Hawks covered the ship-to-ship battles using sector maps and counters.  Since I am new to Traveller collecting I am just figuring some of this stuff out.

Eh, regardless of anything else I do know one thing.  No freakin' way was I prepared to see the winning bid over $100.  Maybe one of these days I can bring myself to pay that much.  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:28 am 

KingOfPain wrote:
ddt58 wrote:I don't thinks it counts as Traveller since I think it came out before Traveller, but if you are talking GDW space games, I would think the old Triplanetary in the long cardboard box would be pretty rare.

The one thing about Traveller items I dont know much about is rarity or estimated value. But I would like to know if you have any specific resources. So far the best resource I have found is The Illustrated Traveller Bibliography found here: Illustrated Traveller Bibliography - Classic Traveller

Not sure what you are referring to when you mention "triplanetary" but according to their information Invasion: Earth was published in '81 and since it states on the box "the final battle of the Solomani Rim War" it sounds like Traveller to me. :wink: From what I gather TSR used the same idea as GDW did when they created Star Frontiers. Alpha Dawn covered the role-playing aspect and Knight Hawks covered the ship-to-ship battles using sector maps and counters. Since I am new to Traveller collecting I am just figuring some of this stuff out.

Eh, regardless of anything else I do know one thing. No freakin' way was I prepared to see the winning bid over $100. Maybe one of these days I can bring myself to pay that much. 8O

I've sold a few copies of Triplanetary and other GDW/Traveller wargames in my day, but never had one go over $100.  I've never had a copy of Invastion Earth either, I think it's the rarest one in their catalog...

Mike B.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:28 pm 

Hi,

What do people think of this Dwarven Glory..  Obviously not mint but..?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:47 pm 

bid now :P

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 108123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 106107108