Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 108123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 106107108
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
heheheh :)

it would prb be an interesting read imo - i always like to read other ppl's homemade mods

Yeah, but for $200.00? 8O If thats the case I am going to get together with BadMike and well be pumping out modules left and right, I guarentee you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm frantically digging through my stash now...let me see, where was the one with the Hall of Dead Monsters and the little robot guide?  How about the one in the underwater castle?  I've got one with an anti-paladin in a lost city in the desert....anyone for a total reworking of I1 DWellers in the Forbidden City with added jungle adventures and enconters updated to 2nd edition? I'm going to be RICH, RICH I say! :roll:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:12 pm 

Badmike wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Gotta love it. Can't you just IMAGINE the comments at the gaming table? :lol:

Imagine trying to convince your buddies it's a "lost" Gygax classic.... :o

Mike B.

Treasure trove presents.....
.....original G2 pre-pub with concept cover art......
.....probably the last remaining copy in existance......

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:13 pm 

Let us not forget it is officially titled "Habitition" and not "Habitation".    :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:13 pm 

Badmike wrote:You guys owe me a computer screen if I can't clean this Diet Coke off of it...the close-up of that "module" was too much, I scrolled down and saw it right when I took a drink, I spewed everywhere. I think I've got tears coming out of my eyes!!!!!!!!

Mike B.

Yeah, I especially like the guy who's in the air.  Is he trying to high-five the giant, or what?  And is he missing a foot?   :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:14 pm 

dathon wrote:
Badmike wrote:If you are bidding on the lot for this item, stop it, or I swear I will start printing and selling my own homemade adventures from the early 80's...

I think you'd be surprised at the prices you would fetch for those adventures. They're not making 1st Ed. modules anymore, so if you typed up those grand adventures you made in the 80's and had them nicely printed I'd bet you could make quite a sum. You could make them limited edition prints of 5 each and sign each one to boot. "The World of Sarland" just sold for $150 so the market is out there. Badmike's complete guide to Undermountain would fetch a pretty penny I imagine as everyone would then be able to fill in the mostly empty maps that TSR sold us in the original box set.  :wink:

Ouch that was a shot, but then again some of my encounters for Undermountain WERE better than the ones that came in the box....I managed to fill in a lot of those empty rooms and halls. Where's my old Undermountain folder? :wink:
 I'm going to be RICH, RICH I say!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:20 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Badmike wrote:You guys owe me a computer screen if I can't clean this Diet Coke off of it...the close-up of that "module" was too much, I scrolled down and saw it right when I took a drink, I spewed everywhere. I think I've got tears coming out of my eyes!!!!!!!!

Mike B.

Yeah, I especially like the guy who's in the air. Is he trying to high-five the giant, or what? And is he missing a foot?  :lol: :lol:

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Badmike wrote:Er, guys, "Habitation of the Stone Giant Lord" is a HANDMADE module. Mike B.

[ Image ]

I think the giant's in trouble...what is that guy in back of him doing?  :twisted:  Looks like a "back door" attack on the poor Stone Giant!!!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:01 pm 

dathon wrote:
Badmike wrote:If you are bidding on the lot for this item, stop it, or I swear I will start printing and selling my own homemade adventures from the early 80's...

I think you'd be surprised at the prices you would fetch for those adventures. They're not making 1st Ed. modules anymore, so if you typed up those grand adventures you made in the 80's and had them nicely printed I'd bet you could make quite a sum. You could make them limited edition prints of 5 each and sign each one to boot. "The World of Sarland" just sold for $150 so the market is out there. Badmike's complete guide to Undermountain would fetch a pretty penny I imagine as everyone would then be able to fill in the mostly empty maps that TSR sold us in the original box set.  :wink:

We should all produce a module and have them printed nice and create "THE ACAEUM SERIES" and then get Stormber to auction them for us :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:21 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
MrFilthyIke wrote:Classy crayon action. :lol:

hey what you all complaining about??!! its a unique item!! :D

thought someone might have thrown a snipe in for $200 for it :)

*yay*. I love it! :lol: 8)

Thanks for forwarding the scan, Stephen... :D
There was another one vaguely like that a year or two back, but it looked as though it were printed and then hand-colored, IIRC.
Can't find anything in the old threads, though.
Yeah, TSR would've sued their asses if they ever tried selling (*g*) something that looked so similar back then.

The "value" in this lot ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6954833030 ) is in the Fast Rules, if those have indeed fetched $100+ in the past.
Strangely enough no-one has answered my question regarding that... ;)

Hey, no denying the module was interesting/"different", though! :P

(*chuckles*. *wonders if it's any good...*).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:55 pm 

harami2000 wrote:The "value" in this lot ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6954833030 ) is in the Fast Rules, if those have indeed fetched $100+ in the past.

I don't know ... there's at least two versions of the Fast-play Game, they pop up on eBay from time to time, and they're not particularly good or particularly rare ... I'm not seeing where all of this value is. Then again, I'm still at a loss as to why anyone would want (or even discuss) someone's old home-brewed dungeon, so the thrill of this entire lot is lost on me. (Actually, I have a theory as to why this crap and the ridiculous World of Sarland have generated bids, but I'll save it for another thread ... )

Anyway, back to the point: here's a $3 version of the Fast-play Game, for anyone interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:02 pm 

Hmmm, I gave away a copy of the "rare" Fast Play rules to a2jeff in my last give away.  I even paid to ship it to him.  

I guess I just couldn't be bothered to list it.   Oh well . . .  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:09 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:(Actually, I have a theory as to why this crap and the ridiculous World of Sarland have generated bids, but I'll save it for another thread ... )

Please, enlighten us?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:11 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I don't know ... there's at least two versions of the Fast-play Game, they pop up on eBay from time to time, and they're not particularly good or particularly rare ... I'm not seeing where all of this value is.

Hence my original question, which I should just have clipped verbatim;
(Auction lot also has "Dungeons and Dragons FAST-PLAY GAME (by Jeff Grubb; originally released as a free handout), 18pp"... is that this one, or another? Fast Play D&D ).

Still cannot tell from that other auction image, but am sure someone else must know.
*shrugs*. Is not something on my "wish list", anyhow.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:12 pm 

i've had that one a few times and have also had another fast play one...sheesh...was it called summit like "wrath of the minotaur" ?

looks alright...nothing amazing tho IIRC (hey i can say that now that i know what it means :D )

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:23 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Thanks for forwarding the scan, Stephen... :D

My pleasure!  :D

I got a scan of that Fast Play too; will try to put that up here as well.  Looks like its in pretty nice condition.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:38 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:I don't know ... there's at least two versions of the Fast-play Game, they pop up on eBay from time to time, and they're not particularly good or particularly rare ... I'm not seeing where all of this value is.

(Auction lot also has "Dungeons and Dragons FAST-PLAY GAME (by Jeff Grubb; originally released as a free handout), 18pp"... is that this one, or another? Fast Play D&D ).

Still cannot tell from that other auction image, but am sure someone else must know.

Here it is.  Looks pretty nice.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:53 pm 

re: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6954833030
afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

Here it is. Looks pretty nice.

[ Image ]

thx again! :)

Yup; that's the one on the other thread, I presume... ;)
Fast Play D&D

Heh, heh...

Can see how that would be an easy one to "overlook", if so.

"Value" is what anyone's willing to pay, though... (plus fun(?!) "freebie" homebrew/whatever!)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:04 pm 

Those fast play rules are hard to come by, I was hoping to win the auction to get them.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:31 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Those fast play rules are hard to come by, I was hoping to win the auction to get them.

Yeah, yeah.... We all know you're after the lost G2...  :D  :lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 108123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 106107108