Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 108123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 106107108
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:56 pm 

Hi,

A NM gamescience Tegel with 4 hrs to go still less than 22$!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEBI:IT

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:46 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*g*. This one sounds/looks interesting/"different"... 8)

"AD&D Dungeon Module G2(squared), "Habitition of the Stone Giant Lord," by G. J. Caesar, copyright 1981, GJC Modules. ; in this lot
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6954833030
$10 with 6 days to go

Thanks for the heads-up, David.  Do you know anything more about the module?  Never heard of it...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*g*. This one sounds/looks interesting/"different"... 8)

"AD&D Dungeon Module G2(squared), "Habitition of the Stone Giant Lord," by G. J. Caesar, copyright 1981, GJC Modules. ; in this lot
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6954833030
$10 with 6 days to go

Thanks for the heads-up, David. Do you know anything more about the module? Never heard of it...

OK everybody stop bidding, I want the set  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:51 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up, David. Do you know anything more about the module? Never heard of it...

OK everybody stop bidding, I want the set :D

Er, guys, "Habitation of the Stone Giant Lord" is a HANDMADE module. Kind of like anyone here could do, except this guy did a mock up of the cover of the "real" giants series for fun it appears, but I would estimate it's worth in terms of collectibility excatly zero, unless G.J. Caesar was really a pen name for Gary Gygax.  If you are bidding on the lot for this item, stop it, or I swear I will start printing and selling my own homemade adventures from the early 80's...
   BTW, am I off base or is the legality of such an item dicey?  At least in terms of reselling? (Obviously, if one wants to print up his own adventures and keep them to himself there is nothing illegal involved). Unless they had permission from TSR, which I am pretty much 100% sure they didnt when this item was constructed, isn't this item.....well, violating copyright?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:58 pm 

Er, guys, "Habitation of the Stone Giant Lord" is a HANDMADE module. Kind of like anyone here could do, except this guy did a mock up of the cover of the "real" giants series for fun it appears, but I would estimate it's worth in terms of collectibility excatly zero, unless G.J. Caesar was really a pen name for Gary Gygax. If you are bidding on the lot for this item, stop it, or I swear I will start printing and selling my own homemade adventures from the early 80's...
 BTW, am I off base or is the legality of such an item dicey? At least in terms of reselling? (Obviously, if one wants to print up his own adventures and keep them to himself there is nothing illegal involved). Unless they had permission from TSR, which I am pretty much 100% sure they didnt when this item was constructed, isn't this item.....well, violating copyright?

Mike B.
[/quote]

BTW, I did check Schick's "Heroic Worlds" and the item is not listed, which is pretty good proof it was never "officially" published.  

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:37 am 

Badmike wrote:Er, guys, "Habitation of the Stone Giant Lord" is a HANDMADE module. Kind of like anyone here could do, except this guy did a mock up of the cover of the "real" giants series for fun it appears, but I would estimate it's worth in terms of collectibility excatly zero, unless G.J. Caesar was really a pen name for Gary Gygax. If you are bidding on the lot for this item, stop it, or I swear I will start printing and selling my own homemade adventures from the early 80's...
 BTW, am I off base or is the legality of such an item dicey? At least in terms of reselling? (Obviously, if one wants to print up his own adventures and keep them to himself there is nothing illegal involved). Unless they had permission from TSR, which I am pretty much 100% sure they didnt when this item was constructed, isn't this item.....well, violating copyright?

Mike B.

Hmmm, interesting point.  I can see where this would fall into a gray zone of sorts.

Or are you just trying to throw the rest of us off?  :twisted:  :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:48 am 

Badmike wrote:Er, guys, "Habitation of the Stone Giant Lord" is a HANDMADE module. Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:17 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Er, guys, "Habitation of the Stone Giant Lord" is a HANDMADE module. Mike B.

Nice. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:21 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Badmike wrote:loc=img160&image=ddmodule8uy.jpg][ Image ][/URL]

Classy crayon action.  :lol:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:28 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:
Classy crayon action. :lol:

hey what you all complaining about??!! its a unique item!!  :D

thought someone might have thrown a snipe in for $200 for it :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:42 am 

Gotta love it.  Can't you just IMAGINE the comments at the gaming table?  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:57 am 

killjoy32 wrote:hey what you all complaining about??!! its a unique item!! :D

HEY! Quit telling everyone!!
I did......  :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:11 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:hey what you all complaining about??!! its a unique item!! :D

HEY! Quit telling everyone!!
I did...... :wink:

heheheh :)

it would prb be an interesting read imo - i always like to read other ppl's homemade mods

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:23 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Aneoth wrote:HEY! Quit telling everyone!!
I did...... :wink:

heheheh :)

it would prb be an interesting read imo - i always like to read other ppl's homemade mods

Yeah, but for $200.00? 8O If thats the case I am going to get together with BadMike and well be pumping out modules left and right, I guarentee you. :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:26 pm 

Badmike wrote:If you are bidding on the lot for this item, stop it, or I swear I will start printing and selling my own homemade adventures from the early 80's...

I think you'd be surprised at the prices you would fetch for those adventures.  They're not making 1st Ed. modules anymore, so if you typed up those grand adventures you made in the 80's and had them nicely printed I'd bet you could make quite a sum.  You could make them limited edition prints of 5 each and sign each one to boot.  "The World of Sarland" just sold for $150 so the market is out there.  Badmike's complete guide to Undermountain would fetch a pretty penny I imagine as everyone would then be able to fill in the mostly empty maps that TSR sold us in the original box set.   :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:34 pm 

Are there any copyright issues with producing AD&D (or OD&D for that matter) modules?  I mean, you're using the ruleset - but so long as you say "You need the AD&D rules by TSR [now WoTC] to use this ..." or something, would you be covered?  I've always considered myself a fair module-writer; I enjoy DMing at least.  Might be neat to sell a few copies to far-flung places and just see what the gamer reaction is.

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:47 pm 

beermotor wrote:Are there any copyright issues with producing AD&D (or OD&D for that matter) modules? I mean, you're using the ruleset - but so long as you say "You need the AD&D rules by TSR [now WoTC] to use this ..." or something, would you be covered? I've always considered myself a fair module-writer; I enjoy DMing at least. Might be neat to sell a few copies to far-flung places and just see what the gamer reaction is.
EGG answered a similar question on Dragonsfoot, and more recently so did Frank Mentzer. Effectively they say AD&D is a copyright owned by WoTC, and that to mention AD&D or to use components of its universe or rule set withing a published module, without getting WoTC's permission to do so, would breach their copyright. For that reason, neither EGG nor FM would be willing to publish any of their old works. EGG I believe is going to publish Castle Greyhawk under an alternate name, an with no reference to the D&D game world or rule system. FM has said all of his unpublished works will remain unseen until supposedy his estate is broken up he checks out for the big GenCon in the sky.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:03 pm 

$40 worth still at only $5. Still 4 days to go.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... :RECO:UK:2

The rest of the sellers lost are mostly plane. :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 108123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 106107108