Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 108123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 106107108
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 98
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 12, 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:24 pm 
 



Seems like a high price.  I would have paid $320 or so, are there any really "collectible" GURPS books that would have justified such a price?  Sure, it's a lot so it helps amortize shipping costs, but still...

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2766
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:18 am 
 

Rare cthulhu tournament scenario.

Well done to the high bidder  :wink:
(mumbles under breath...)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5176100063

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:49 pm 
 

BaconTastesGood wrote:


Seems like a high price. I would have paid $320 or so, are there any really "collectible" GURPS books that would have justified such a price? Sure, it's a lot so it helps amortize shipping costs, but still...


80 books.  At $10.00 each, which is about right, that is $800.00, assuming no collectable ones in the bunch.

Otherwise, how much value on one of the pre-rough drafts of GURPS supers?

I've got that floating around.  Probably not worth the cost of postage.


Regards,



Stephen

  


Active Collector

Posts: 98
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 12, 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:35 am 
 

Ethesis wrote:80 books. At $10.00 each, which is about right, that is $800.00, assuming no collectable ones in the bunch.


$10/book still seems high.  GURPS books seem to go for between $3 and $20 depending on condition and collectability, but the bulk are in the $8 range I think.  With a large lot a lower price makes sense.

That said, now I kinda wish I had bid =)

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5678
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:05 am 
 

Rare (?) Heritage pewter Star Wars miniatures set, just 90 minutes left, $165 or BIN $200:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
It looks quite cool, but I'd want to paint it, and it's a bit more than I want to spend.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT
is a ELAN/Heritage Thrandui, mounted, $22, and the seller has a bunch of other early ELAN/Heritage LOTR miniatures:
eBay listings

SW 2nd boxed edition of Gamelords' Haven for $20:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:41 pm 
 

CSIO 1st (tape on the maps, but the booklets appear to be excellent).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179360877
$15 with 5 3/4 days to go
- The maps (and "I" booklet) were still available relatively cheaply from <fencert> until a few months ago, but only appears to have the "collectors edition" mapset at higher cost, now.

JG bits-and-bobs (possibly incomplete)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179428845
$2.99 opening with 6 days to go

Various Traveller and JG for Traveller items up at Crazy Egor's within the next couple of hours; a good number still at sub $1 start
eBay listings

Some JG maps...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179394142
$1.99 start with 5 3/4 days to go

another BIN Tarantis at $15 (or $6.99 start with <6 days to go)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179425236
- the last three copies went to BINs. Guido's non-BIN copy sold for $34.

Another 1st CSIO Guidebook (plus "I" & "J" (?), not shown in scan). Not so good condition as the above, but you'd think they were common... ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5178717138
$1.85 start with 7 day auction (UK)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:39 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
another BIN Tarantis at $15 (or $6.99 start with <6 days to go)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5179425236
- the last three copies went to BINs. Guido's non-BIN copy sold for $34.


now you see it, now you don't ta very much!  :twisted:



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:01 pm 
 

Wow, and mine was $2.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:26 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Wow, and mine was $2.


well we arent all as lucky as you chummer  :wink:



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 905
Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 09, 2015
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:16 am 
 

Someone else asked me to post these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5178098384
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5178098480

They're two Varanae books, and we think they might be interesting.


- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:22 am 
 

I've got the 3 Varanae books; I highly recommend them. I remember liking them very much when I read thru them.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:55 pm 
 

guido has a load of traveller stuff onauction due to finish in about 3+ hours thats prb worth a look...

eBay listings



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:34 am 
 

Ralf Toth wrote:Someone else asked me to post these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5178098384
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5178098480

They're two Varanae books, and we think they might be interesting.

Yes, but possibly not with those shipping charges outwith the U.S.

U.S.
"Boxed and Padded $5.95 Non-Priority in Lower 48 States"
Worldwide
"Boxed and Padded (Shipping Cost plus $7.95 US)".
And with only a $3 discount ("usually") per extra item, but you have to email them to see if they're feeling that generous.

(Plus the seller's gouging further still by claiming a USPS Global Priority box is "usually" about $20-25...).


Oh, and "Feedback will only be left once I receive feedback"...

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 am 
 

Which perfectly explians why I only put in a low bid,


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:26 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Which perfectly explians why I only put in a low bid,

heh, heh... and you are located in the U.S.

Oh well, at least it's kinda in black and white (not that I've read every line on every auction every time...).

Certainly got a big "huh!" from me, though.
A USPS Global Priority box should usually go for $15 for 4 pounds (although some post offices appear to have different applications of the rules).
They want $27.95-$32.95 for the first item... and $24.95-$29.95 for each one thereafter. Surely not???
Six booklets in a $15 box = up to $182.70 in postage & packing charges, if so... 8O

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:51 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Which perfectly explians why I only put in a low bid,

heh, heh... and you are located in the U.S.

Oh well, at least it's kinda in black and white (not that I've read every line on every auction every time...).

Certainly got a big "huh!" from me, though.
A USPS Global Priority box should usually go for $15 for 4 pounds (although some post offices appear to have different applications of the rules).
They want $27.95-$32.95 for the first item... and $24.95-$29.95 for each one thereafter. Surely not???
Six booklets in a $15 box = up to $182.70 in postage & packing charges, if so... 8O


Yeah, I really am not keen on paying sellers who are trying to supplement their income solely through their s&h. I would much rather bid $20.00 and pay $4.00/$4.50 s&h than bid $15.00 and pay $10.00 s&h even if the final total is the same, because I view the outrageous s&h as dishonesty by the seller. To be honset my bid will actually be lower due to the dishonesty factor, if I even bid at all.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 112
Joined: May 11, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 24, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:34 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:A USPS Global Priority box should usually go for $15 for 4 pounds (although some post offices appear to have different applications of the rules).
They want $27.95-$32.95 for the first item... and $24.95-$29.95 for each one thereafter. Surely not???
Six booklets in a $15 box = up to $182.70 in postage & packing charges, if so... 8O


A Variable weight Global priority Box weighing 4 lbs (the max weight) costs $26.00 to ship to the UK. Over 4 lbs cannot be mailed Global priority.
Same box to UK weighing 1lb costs $10, 2 lbs cost $15 & 3lbs costs $21.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6494
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:U.S.
"Boxed and Padded $5.95 Non-Priority in Lower 48 States"
Worldwide
"Boxed and Padded (Shipping Cost plus $7.95 US)".
And with only a $3 discount ("usually") per extra item, but you have to email them to see if they're feeling that generous.

(Plus the seller's gouging further still by claiming a USPS Global Priority box is "usually" about $20-25...).


Oh, and "Feedback will only be left once I receive feedback"...

I bought both books and another item from the seller. They charged me $24.95 total for shipping USPS Global Priority to the UK. I'll keep you posted buy their feedback indicates that I'll probably get my books.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 108123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 106107108