Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 108123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 106107108
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i love all JG items - i think they just look amazing. like them way more than the majority of D&D/AD&D.

That may partly be the rough presentation (or maybe the abundance of naked women :wink: ).

So how big is your JG collection now?

yeah i like the rough'n'ready look to an item, always have. the best modules are designed that way imo. i hate the ones that have every description in it down to the last speck of dust - puts me off totally and leaves nothing to the DM's originality.

my JG collection is expanding rather nicely thanks :) am at oooo about 150 items, and when the stuff in the water gets here, will be close to a thousand i imagine. it will be time then to go after the really hard to find, pretty damn hard to get hold of stuff.

its all good fun - much more fun than hunting for D&D stuff.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:24 am 

I guess I lucked out picking up my stuff when it was cheap. Things like 1st print War Cry and TAC cards are tough to find now.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:48 am 

well this is it, isnt it? i had LOTS of chances over the years, and just kinda shrugged them off at the time....but still you could prb say that about most things around i imagine.

but then saying that, for me, most of the fun nowadays is the challenge on actually "getting hold of" an item....the search is great!

my girlfriend commented on my expanding pile of RPG stuff last night and her words were "do you know, when you get into something, you are totally obsessive. 1 or 2 items are just not enough, you have to have everything that moves"...

....well what can i say? she's right :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:34 am 

killjoy32 wrote:......my girlfriend commented on my expanding pile of RPG stuff last night and her words were "do you know, when you get into something, you are totally obsessive. 1 or 2 items are just not enough, you have to have everything that moves"...

My wife says much the same things. And it is not just the Current obsession of collecting older D&D for me that she is speaking about either; I do that sort of thing in all of my other collections as well. I have far more Football cards and football memorabilia than I have room for, and the comics too take up loads of space too. I collect other things too, such as rare books and antique scientific equipment. My book collection is growing by leaps and bounds. Far faster than even my D&D collection. Books are easier for me to locate than D&D around my area too. I do not need E-Bay to find them; old booksellers, antique stores, estate sales, and garage sales are the most common places to find those things.

I too enjoy the hunt, and the wins as well. They are fun in and of themselves, even exhilarating. Of course the real reason I collect things is that I feel truly good viewing my collection(s) from time to time as well. And some of them I read, or play with from time to time, especially with the grandkids. And the memories that these old things bring forward from the old days of playing the game (Or reading comics, or trading football cards, etc.) are always fond ones for me. My collections help bring those memories to the forefront. I don't HAVE to have the collections to do that, but sometimes it helps. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:26 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i got a nice SW tarantis the other day - just need one not SW now so i can read it :)

Me too! I won an auction from guido the gypsy. If I may ask, how much did you pay? I got mine for $33.50.

PS - I'm really enjoying collecting the JG stuff, even though I just got into doing it a few weeks ago.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:31 am 

ummmm i think it was a touch less than that. i remember thinking i got a rigt bargain there....can't remember the exact amount tho - got so much since then :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:33 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:......my girlfriend commented on my expanding pile of RPG stuff last night and her words were "do you know, when you get into something, you are totally obsessive. 1 or 2 items are just not enough, you have to have everything that moves"...

My wife says much the same things. And it is not just the Current obsession of collecting older D&D for me that she is speaking about either; I do that sort of thing in all of my other collections as well. I have far more Football cards and football memorabilia than I have room for, and the comics too take up loads of space too. I collect other things too, such as rare books and antique scientific equipment. My book collection is growing by leaps and bounds. Far faster than even my D&D collection. Books are easier for me to locate than D&D around my area too. I do not need E-Bay to find them; old booksellers, antique stores, estate sales, and garage sales are the most common places to find those things.

I too enjoy the hunt, and the wins as well. They are fun in and of themselves, even exhilarating. Of course the real reason I collect things is that I feel truly good viewing my collection(s) from time to time as well. And some of them I read, or play with from time to time, especially with the grandkids. And the memories that these old things bring forward from the old days of playing the game (Or reading comics, or trading football cards, etc.) are always fond ones for me. My collections help bring those memories to the forefront. I don't HAVE to have the collections to do that, but sometimes it helps. 8)

Alright Aneoth.  You and I need to get together again so I can see just how much stuff you have.  I know you have a much larger collection of role playing stuff than I do.  But I take pride in my book and comic collection and now I find out you have collections of those as well.  Now you will tell me you collect video games as well I suppose.   :(

I guess since you are a bit older than I you have had more time to accrue things.  I dont feel like such a failure now.   :wink:  And I am not even going to try to compare any of my collections to Badmike's.  He apparently has stuff in storage he doesnt even know about.  :D

Seriously though, I wish I had more time and money to spend on my collections.  My fiance does understand why I do it.  She probably wishes I spent more money on her though.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:12 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Alright Aneoth. You and I need to get together again so I can see just how much stuff you have. I know you have a much larger collection of role playing stuff than I do. But I take pride in my book and comic collection and now I find out you have collections of those as well. Now you will tell me you collect video games as well I suppose. :(

I guess since you are a bit older than I you have had more time to accrue things. I dont feel like such a failure now. :wink: And I am not even going to try to compare any of my collections to Badmike's. He apparently has stuff in storage he doesnt even know about. :D

Seriously though, I wish I had more time and money to spend on my collections. My fiance does understand why I do it. She probably wishes I spent more money on her though.

I know of NO ONE who can rival badmikes overall collection. Except perhaps the so-called 'fab five' on the Acaeum... (Or is he one of them?) and I feel that even they would be hardpressed to impress badmike.... at least as to shear quantity of items, if not rarity.

You know that you have an open invitation anytime.

We'll look at my stuff, and then maybe play a game of pool, or a game of D&D on my PS2, or just talk about our collections for a while...

BTW: I only have about a dozen games for the PS2/PS1, and almost all of them are the grandkids games, so I have nothing like what you have and no older games at all.....

My comic collection is small actually (Compaired to Badmikes anyway), only a couple of those large 150 count boxes and some extras that won't fit in those. Certainly nothing like yours or Badmikes, and my old book collection is smaller than that. I only just started collecting rare and old books. My Football collection is fairly big though.

I once bought a Comics/Sports card store's liquidation stock, and then I sold more than 3/4 of that to another store for a nice tidy profit, keeping most of the best football stuff and about 1/4 of the comics for myself. All of the other sports and games stuff (Magic and other games mostly) went to the other store, as I don't collect any other sports except for football, and I was never into Magic or the other games stuff. Looking back, I should have kept the Magic stuff and sold it on E-Bay. :( I could have bought all of the expensive D&D items I could ever want with the additional profits...... if I had only known how crazy some folks are about Magic..... kinda like I am with D&D. I should have suspected though.... :oops:

Most of my Football collection and comics collections are from that purchase and some few other buys from other collectors and other sports card stores over the years.

Anyway, just give me a call. Do you still have my phone number? If not, PM me and I will send it to you.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:54 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I once bought a Comics/Sports card store's liquidation stock, and then I sold more than 3/4 of that to another store for a nice tidy profit, keeping most of the best football stuff

Man, I envy you.  I LOVE football cards, especially the old ones.  I'm trying to complete my set of 1965 Topps.  One of the best series ever, IMO. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:22 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:Alright Aneoth. You and I need to get together again so I can see just how much stuff you have. I know you have a much larger collection of role playing stuff than I do. But I take pride in my book and comic collection and now I find out you have collections of those as well. Now you will tell me you collect video games as well I suppose. :(

I guess since you are a bit older than I you have had more time to accrue things. I dont feel like such a failure now. :wink: And I am not even going to try to compare any of my collections to Badmike's. He apparently has stuff in storage he doesnt even know about. :D

Seriously though, I wish I had more time and money to spend on my collections. My fiance does understand why I do it. She probably wishes I spent more money on her though.

I know of NO ONE who can rival badmikes overall collection. Except perhaps the so-called 'fab five' on the Acaeum... (Or is he one of them?) and I feel that even they would be hardpressed to impress badmike.... at least as to shear quantity of items, if not rarity.

You know that you have an open invitation anytime.

We'll look at my stuff, and then maybe play a game of pool, or a game of D&D on my PS2, or just talk about our collections for a while...

BTW: I only have about a dozen games for the PS2/PS1, and almost all of them are the grandkids games, so I have nothing like what you have and no older games at all.....

My comic collection is small actually (Compaired to Badmikes anyway), only a couple of those large 150 count boxes and some extras that won't fit in those. Certainly nothing like yours or Badmikes, and my old book collection is smaller than that. I only just started collecting rare and old books. My Football collection is fairly big though.

I once bought a Comics/Sports card store's liquidation stock, and then I sold more than 3/4 of that to another store for a nice tidy profit, keeping most of the best football stuff and about 1/4 of the comics for myself. All of the other sports and games stuff (Magic and other games mostly) went to the other store, as I don't collect any other sports except for football, and I was never into Magic or the other games stuff. Looking back, I should have kept the Magic stuff and sold it on E-Bay. :( I could have bought all of the expensive D&D items I could ever want with the additional profits...... if I had only known how crazy some folks are about Magic..... kinda like I am with D&D. I should have suspected though.... :oops:

Most of my Football collection and comics collections are from that purchase and some few other buys from other collectors and other sprots card stores over the years.

Anyway, just give me a call. Do you still have my phone number? If not, PM me and I will send it to you.

You two bastards aren't getting together without me, you don't think I can see the plotting behind my back? You'd combine your goodies and BURY me! I won't allow it. Seriously, I have quantity but not quality. You've got more rare goodies than I do Aneoth, your white boxes alone you could build a table out of....

My comics collection is so large just through inertia. Someday when I start working conventions I'll knock 10-15 longboxes off my total, easy.  Unless one of you guys wants to trade games for comics?  I got comics coming out of my ass, I'd rather have RPGs, even common stuff that I can sell.  Email me

We need to have another North Texas Gamers meeting. With the opening of the new Half Price Books today in McKinney, I'm willing to travel up that way to check it out, and that's in your backyard Aneoth. Let me know when you are free, maybe King can come up that way and meet us, it's close for him also.  We can see if anyone else on the Acaeum is close and up for a meet.

Also, we need to talk about Aggiecon, if anyone else on these boards is going.  I'm committed to going, I wanted to work the con but it's getting closer and I'm not sure if I can get my behind in gear quick enough to get organized. But I am going to at least attend, I can write the entire venture off so why not.  It's at College Station, April 21-24, and probably the best (almost only) gaming/sf/comic con in Texas each year. I've missed the last couple of years, let's see if we can get an Acaeum presence there, if nothing else we can meet up either at the con or off campus. I'd say let's share a hotel room except my wife might go, I don't want her and Aneoth snuggling in the room while I'm at the dealer's tables... 8O

Maybe we need to start an Aggiecon thread?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:46 pm 

Mike, of course you are also invited. And yes, I would truly like to go to the AgiCon next month and I think that I can arrange to get away that weekend, as long as I plan to soon. I cannot attend during the weekdays though, I doubt that I can get time off from my day job during the week.

Can you tell me anything more about AgiCon? Is there a website to download information? What will it take to get hotel reservations? Where exactly do the Agi's hold the big events?

BTW: your wife is perfectly safe with me, I am a Texas gentleman and I am quite proud of the fact that I treat women as they should be treated, including married ones.... With great care and even greater caution....

As for another North Texas Meet, I agree that we need to get together again and do so sometime soon. Yes, Half Price just opened up in McKinney in the last couple of months or so. How did you know? Do you get catalogs and E-Mail notices with updates about new store openings from them as a frequent buyer? Or perhaps you are a part owner in the franchise operation???

I think that we should plan to meet there (Half Price Book Store), and then later on come over to my house and I can show you my small collection and then we can do whatever. Bar-B-Que some burgers and hotdogs, drink a beer or two, and talk D&D, or play pool...

This coming weekend is not possible for me though, as all of my free time has already been spoken for by relatives.....  :)  

Next weekend or any weekend after that is doable for me, I rarely plan much farther than that in advance... Weeknights are possible too, as long as we don't go too long into the night.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:03 pm 

Traveller: 101 Robots An Illustrated Catalog

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 31952&rd=1

Not sure how rare....just looks interesting.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:04 pm 

Marlith wrote:Traveller: 101 Robots An Illustrated Catalog

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 31952&rd=1

Not sure how rare....just looks interesting.

Hey that looks like a forum member to me. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:08 pm 

Seems to be an earlier Runequest. Just not sure how early....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 65500&rd=1

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:16 pm 

Not sure if any plays but what looks to be a nice (maybe early as well) copy of Blood Bowl

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 58349&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:03 am 

Aneoth wrote:Mike, of course you are also invited. And yes, I would truly like to go to the AgiCon next month and I think that I can arrange to get away that weekend, as long as I plan to soon. I cannot attend during the weekdays though, I doubt that I can get time off from my day job during the week.

The convention runs Thursday through Saturday, and it's about a 3.5 hour drive from Dallas, maybe closer to four as it takes me that long where I'm at in the Mid Cities as opposed to North Dallas/Plano/McKinney.

Aneoth wrote:Can you tell me anything more about AgiCon? Is there a website to download information? What will it take to get hotel reservations? Where exactly do the Agi's hold the big events?

Here is the link to their website:
AggieCon 44 | Cepheid Variable
Basically, Aggiecon has been running for 35 years (I attended my first one in 1982 when it was still more wargaming than comics or RPGs).  It's actually located in the giant Student Union Bldg in the middle of the A&M campus.  It has a large dealers room with mostly comics but also books, RPGs, Toys and other goodies being sold.  There are always events and playtests and such but I usually just hang in the dealer's room spending way too much cash.  They also show films, demonstrations, talks, etc, the usual con stuff.
Guests this year include Michael Moorcock (he of Elric fame, bring your D&D with Melniboean Mythos for him to sign!!!) and Elizabeth Moon. I haven't attended in a couple of years so I don't know how the "wind is blowing" so to speak; many years ago, there were tons of used RPG dealers, last time I went there were only two, there may not be any this time, it's a crapshoot.  College Station also has a Half Price books and at least one store that sells RPGs.

BTW: your wife is perfectly safe with me, I am a Texas gentleman and I am quite proud of the fact that I treat women as they should be treated, including married ones.... With great care and even greater caution....

Yeh, but are you perfectly safe with my wife??? :o

As for another North Texas Meet, I agree that we need to get together again and do so sometime soon. Yes, Half Price just opened up in McKinney in the last couple of months or so. How did you know? Do you get catalogs and E-Mail notices with updates about new store openings from them as a frequent buyer? Or perhaps you are a part owner in the franchise operation???

Oh, I wish I was, but as far as I know they are not franchised yet, all 80 or so are still run out of the main office and regional offices. Personally, I'm a Half Price Books fanatic.  They have a website, but I usually just keep up with current events like new store openings while talking to the employees. Honestly, it's my favorite place in the entire world, I want to die in one if I can arrange it.  I try to go to one every day, I hit most of the ones in D/FW once a week (16 now with the McKinney store), and when I go out of town I always am on the lookout for some (my wife calls the store my "mistress").  I've been to all 37 stores in Texas multiple times (except for the new Austin store and aforementioned McKinney store).  I've been to all the Washington stores on a trip to Seattle (8 stores), and the Missouri and Kansas stores (4).  My goal is to visit all the stores in the US, or at least his the clusters I haven't been to yet (Ohio with 12 stores, Wisconsin with 5 stores and Minnesota with 5 stores).  Nothing better than walking into one of these and heading back to the used games section, you just never know what could be waiting for you! It's not uncommon for me to drop $100+ a visit on books, games, mags, music, dvds, extra.  They are just the best place on earth IMO.

I think that we should plan to meet there (Half Price Book Store), and then later on come over to my house and I can show you my small collection and then we can do whatever. Bar-B-Que some burgers and hotdogs, drink a beer or two, and talk D&D, or play pool...

This coming weekend is not possible for me though, as all of my free time has already been spoken for by relatives..... :)

Next weekend or any weekend after that is doable for me, I rarely plan much farther than that in advance... Weeknights are possible too, as long as we don't go too long into the night.

I also have a relative intensive weekend the next few days. Weekend of Saturday 26th ok with you guys?  I'm 90% sure I'm free, plus that'll give me time to drive all the way out there. King is ok with that timetable.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:44 am 

A somewhat pricy looking (to me anyway) Heritage Mines of Moria set, complete, $129 BIN:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 23073&rd=1

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:51 am 

Badmike wrote:..........I also have a relative intensive weekend the next few days. Weekend of Saturday 26th ok with you guys? I'm 90% sure I'm free, plus that'll give me time to drive all the way out there. King is ok with that timetable.  Mike B.

Mike, I have just PM'ed you about next weekend......

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 108123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 106107108