Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 108123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 106107108
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:54 am 

ta.  still not too late - could probably re-sell in the UK and make £50.00 8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:57 am 

red_bus wrote:ta. still not too late - could probably re-sell in the UK and make £50.00 8O

heh. would only keep and read 'em... :D

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:02 am 

More than i thought they would go for - a bit under-described on ebay (unless they are in really nice condition).

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:35 pm 

now here is a really big one...  :D  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 28762&rd=1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:59 pm 

City State of the Invincible Overlord... Probably go for more than I wanna pay... But I'll keep an eye on it nonetheless.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:10 pm 

What's a typical price for City State of the IO?  And why is it so valuable?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:26 pm 

BaconTastesGood wrote:What's a typical price for City State of the IO? And why is it so valuable?

CSotIO is one of the most popular supplements that JG ever put out. There are several printings. The one on auction is the "revised" editon. I'd say it'll probably go for somewhere around $40~$50. A 1st edition could probably go for a lot more. 'Course I'm no expert, and I've only just started paying attention to eBay auctions for this stuff. But from what I've seen, that doesn't sound too out of the question. There have been City State of the World Emperor sets going for around the same price lately. And Invincible Overlord is probably more valuable. Could go higher.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:43 pm 

BaconTastesGood wrote:What's a typical price for City State of the IO? And why is it so valuable?

Feel free to battle it out with Ian for the next original edition up for sale!

Will probably be high side of $100 if everything's in good condition.

(My question would more likely be "why is Tegel Manor so valuable"? ;))

Both are just on the "wrong" side of the supply/demand equation and have a "name" to play around with.

(Compare with an original "Modron" installment, say, which usually goes for a pittance even if it's just as rare).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:45 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(Compare with an original "Modron" installment, say, which usually goes for a pittance even if it's just as rare).

I'll watch for 'em. I've got a Modron, but it's a later printing. I assume you're meaning "pittance" relative to Tegel Manor or CSotIO?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:56 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(Compare with an original "Modron" installment, say, which usually goes for a pittance even if it's just as rare).

I'll watch for 'em. I've got a Modron, but it's a later printing. I assume you're meaning "pittance" relative to Tegel Manor or CSotIO?

"Pittance" in any context for a relatively rare item from a collectable (*g*) publisher, IMHO.

I paid $7.50 for a NM "M"-installment Modron against near-zero competition. The few others I've seen were typically $12-20.

Even Burnie Bros' copy "only" went for $17, including the Journal (nice pick, Ian!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168114423

, compared with their orange-not-red non-installment version of the Tegel in the same sale, which finished up at $78

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168114059

Go figure... For some reason it's just not a "fashionable" JG item.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:31 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
"Pittance" in any context for a relatively rare item from a collectable (*g*) publisher, IMHO.

I paid $7.50 for a NM "M"-installment Modron against near-zero competition. The few others I've seen were typically $12-20.

Huh. I'll be durned. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

harami2000 wrote:Go figure... For some reason it's just not a "fashionable" JG item.

Modron's not a bad module either. Weird.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:19 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Modron's not a bad module either. Weird.

Getting the original Modron alng with its copy of JG Journal was a nice surprise. I expected sniping at the last minute, but everyone seemed to be interested in Burnies other lots.

Now all I want is an original CSIO.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:31 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Now all I want is an original CSIO.

points ian to m03's classified advert showing original CSIO.....

modron in most of its forms (maybe not the original journal instalment) is actually quite easy to get hold of - i have two 2nd prints. maps are cool too, but tegal is much harder to obtain. i tried to also get burnies copy but was outbid right at the end.

an original CSIO would be damn nice tho i have to say...

other JG items that seem to sell real well are: most of the city state range, tarantis, all the wilderlands, dark tower and dave arneson's first fantasy campaign. there are prb others, but they are the ones i have noticed that always cost a fair bit.

i love all JG items - i think they just look amazing. like them way more than the majority of D&D/AD&D.

i got a nice SW tarantis the other day - just need one not SW now so i can read it :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:52 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i love all JG items - i think they just look amazing. like them way more than the majority of D&D/AD&D.

That may partly be the rough presentation (or maybe the abundance of naked women :wink: ).

So how big is your JG collection now?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i love all JG items - i think they just look amazing. like them way more than the majority of D&D/AD&D.

That may partly be the rough presentation (or maybe the abundance of naked women :wink: ).

So how big is your JG collection now?

yeah i like the rough'n'ready look to an item, always have. the best modules are designed that way imo. i hate the ones that have every description in it down to the last speck of dust - puts me off totally and leaves nothing to the DM's originality.

my JG collection is expanding rather nicely thanks :) am at oooo about 150 items, and when the stuff in the water gets here, will be close to a thousand i imagine. it will be time then to go after the really hard to find, pretty damn hard to get hold of stuff.

its all good fun - much more fun than hunting for D&D stuff.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:24 am 

I guess I lucked out picking up my stuff when it was cheap. Things like 1st print War Cry and TAC cards are tough to find now.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:48 am 

well this is it, isnt it? i had LOTS of chances over the years, and just kinda shrugged them off at the time....but still you could prb say that about most things around i imagine.

but then saying that, for me, most of the fun nowadays is the challenge on actually "getting hold of" an item....the search is great!

my girlfriend commented on my expanding pile of RPG stuff last night and her words were "do you know, when you get into something, you are totally obsessive. 1 or 2 items are just not enough, you have to have everything that moves"...

....well what can i say? she's right :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:34 am 

killjoy32 wrote:......my girlfriend commented on my expanding pile of RPG stuff last night and her words were "do you know, when you get into something, you are totally obsessive. 1 or 2 items are just not enough, you have to have everything that moves"...

....well what can i say? she's right :)

My wife says much the same things. And it is not just the Current obsession of collecting older D&D for me that she is speaking about either; I do that sort of thing in all of my other collections as well. I have far more Football cards and football memorabilia than I have room for, and the comics too take up loads of space too. I collect other things too, such as rare books and antique scientific equipment. My book collection is growing by leaps and bounds. Far faster than even my D&D collection. Books are easier for me to locate than D&D around my area too. I do not need E-Bay to find them; old booksellers, antique stores, estate sales, and garage sales are the most common places to find those things.

I too enjoy the hunt, and the wins as well. They are fun in and of themselves, even exhilarating. Of course the real reason I collect things is that I feel truly good viewing my collection(s) from time to time as well. And some of them I read, or play with from time to time, especially with the grandkids. And the memories that these old things bring forward from the old days of playing the game (Or reading comics, or trading football cards, etc.) are always fond ones for me. My collections help bring those memories to the forefront. I don't HAVE to have the collections to do that, but sometimes it helps. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 108123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 106107108