Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 108123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 106107108
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:39 am 

Speaking of rare MERP stuff...this doesnt show up on Ebay very often:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 am 

Cheap ARDOR if you don't mind a colour copy of the map - make a good playing copy I would bet.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:02 am 

Uncommon Call of Cthulhu sourcebook.

I could tell you more - but they are watching and listening everywhere I go.  Look!  Do you see, over there...  8O

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:45 am 

Cthulhu Monograph (normally only regularly available direct from Chaosium)

Call of Cthulhu: Toys & Hobbies | eBay

For those who do not know - these are fan written items with a comparatively low quality of finish and artwork - but often really great ideas and content.  They are still available (Monograpoh prices range from $12 to $20 or so).

NB: no paypal for this guy.

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am 

UK auction for Bunnies & Burrows:

US auction for Bunnies & Burrows:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:59 am 

And French auction for Bunnies and Barrows (but later print). Price seems high however (previously listed for 60€...)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:10 pm 

red_bus wrote:Cthulhu Monograph (normally only regularly available direct from Chaosium)

For those who do not know - these are fan written items with a comparatively low quality of finish and artwork - but often really great ideas and content.  They are still available (Monograpoh prices range from $12 to $20 or so).

NB: no paypal for this guy.

The Chaosium monographs are a good idea.  They are often quite interesting and I predict that they will be highly collectible in the future.

I find the cover of the Ripples From Carcosa monograph to be very interesting because of the "Yellow Sign" depicted on it.  This "Yellow Sign" has been cropping up in lots of places, including in Green Ronin's Freeport: City of Adventure D20 publication, where there is a "Cult of the Yellow Sign."

Actually, this version of the Yellow Sign has nothing to do with Robert Chambers or The King in Yellow.  It comes from a Chambers fan website I ran across about five years ago.  The guy made up his own version of the sign (which Chambers did not describe) just for fun.  He also composed some MIDI music for Chambers' poem about Carcosa and other interesting things.

Apparently, before anyone writes about The King in Yellow, they do an internet search and quickly turn up that guy's website.  It is a nice example of how a shared fantasy can grow in the minds of fans long after a writer's death.   Two decades from now, no one will remember that the current Yellow Sign was not invented by Chambers.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:04 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
The Chaosium monographs are a good idea.  They are often quite interesting and I predict that they will be highly collectible in the future.

You may well be right - the initial print run for each was 500 and only one or two have been reprinted (i.e. most have not sold out yet, or possibly even close to selling out).  So now they are easy to come by - but in a few years time...

Some are great and some are c**p.  Don't for example buy "First book of things" or "Mysteries of Morocco".  The first print of the first one - the Parapsychologists Handbook may already be collectible.  I also think there have been some v. short print runs done of some of the earlist to give out at Cons IIRC.  Overall I think it was a good idea by Chaosium - which as a small company, would not otherwise be able to put this stuff out as (highly) finished product.

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:26 pm 

red_bus wrote:
You may well be right - the initial print run for each was 500 and only one or two have been reprinted (i.e. most have not sold out yet, or possibly even close to selling out).  So now they are easy to come by - but in a few years time...

Some are great and some are c**p.  Don't for example buy "First book of things" or "Mysteries of Morocco".  The first print of the first one - the Parapsychologists Handbook may already be collectible.  I also think there have been some v. short print runs done of some of the earlist to give out at Cons IIRC.  Overall I think it was a good idea by Chaosium - which as a small company, would not otherwise be able to put this stuff out as (highly) finished product.

I have the Hawkmoon monograph.  I know that this monograph, at least, has sold out and been reprinted at least once.

I love the monograph idea.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:25 am 

Jorune lot at a BIN of $150

Is it worth this much?  as obiter will remember, my first (and only) game was marred by constant and uncontrollable giggles from all involved.  Still, now later, with a little more more wisdom and restraint, it seems like an imaginative system...

still a wee bit silly though.  :D

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:14 am 

While we are at it, anyone know what a shrink wrapped Skyrealm of Journe boxed set would be worth?  A local comic shop recently bought some guys comic/wargame/rpg collection and a lot of it is still in shrink.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:39 am 

I'd sell it for around $50-60 in an ebay store . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:36 pm 

red_bus wrote:Jorune lot at a BIN of $150

Is it worth this much?  as obiter will remember, my first (and only) game was marred by constant and uncontrollable giggles from all involved.  Still, now later, with a little more more wisdom and restraint, it seems like an imaginative system...

still a wee bit silly though.  :D

Yes there was much munching on durlig astride our thombos and heading off to an inclep while my muadra wove the isho into an orb ... 8)

Then red_bus realised that whatever way you put it we were trying to ride stinking sweaty hairless buffalo as we munched turnips on the way to a pub while some stunted mutant was waving his arms about like a demented halfling...

mirth prevailed over atmosphere and the suspension of disbelief crashed as only suspension bridges can  :lol:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:59 am 

For those looking for Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic #0 (Legends are Made, not Born) Convention Print:

I've purchased one from the seller previously (so not after a second one), and found the transaction to be hassle-free.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:30 pm 

Now I have seen everything.

H. P. Lovecraft Collection | eBay

If I wore these around the house it would scare the shit out of my cats.

What's next?  Cthulhu Crunchies breakfast cereal?  Instead of going "snap, crackle, and pop" and turning your milk choclatey brown, your cereal will now whisper evil tidings when you pour milk on it and turn a sickly green color.  Contains 12 essential vitamins and minerals.  Allergy warning:  May contain mushrooms or other fungi.

Yep...I am bored.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:41 am 

My cats run from ants. I'd get the slips, but they're a bit more than I want to pay. Besides, I don't wear slippers. I don't even wear clothes half the time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:45 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:My cats run from ants. I'd get the slips, but they're a bit more than I want to pay. Besides, I don't wear slippers. I don't even wear clothes half the time.

8O  8O  8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:24 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Now I have seen everything.

If I wore these around the house it would scare the shit out of my cats.

8O  8O  8O  BLASPHEMY!!! I'm sure the Old Ones will be on Toy Vault's trail in no time (and Nyarlathothep, disguised as a tax inspector, will give them a tax audit they will never forget  :P ).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 108123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 106107108