Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 99 of 108123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 106107108
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:12 am 

Software?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:24 am 

NetRodent wrote:
Software?

prob, it meant soft cover... i miss instead the "&friends edition" definition... isn't it the first edition?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:27 am 

I'm not too familiar with Runequest so I have no idea which printing this is but the "&friends" comes from the byline on the cover:  "by Steve Perrin & Friends".

I figure it probably is a typo, gaming software from 1978 would be rather unusual.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:32 am 

NetRodent wrote:I'm not too familiar with Runequest so I have no idea which printing this is but the "&friends" comes from the byline on the cover:  "by Steve Perrin & Friends".

I figure it probably is a typo, gaming software from 1978 would be rather unusual.

I believe the early printings have "& friends" the later 1980 version has "Steve Perrin & Ray Turney" as that byline.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:32 am 

Uk auction 2nd edition CoC set no bids sitting at $13.15 USD less than 3 hours to go:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Looks in decent condition, but it does not list or picture all of the contents, so I am not sure if it is complete.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:09 am 

Miscellaneous Lot: Fantasy Trip Wizard, Fantasy Trip Death Test, Fantasy Trip Melee , something called Ice War,  and some MicroQuests:

. . .  

Not RPG but SPI Wargames:  Five separate auctions for Used and Punched pre-gunpowder games, currently $3 apiece, kind of expensive shipping.  Seller says that they are in playable shape.  I think that the set of Chariot, Spartan, Legion, Viking, and Yeoman games would look nice on a shelf, but I'm already over my eBay allowance for the month.

. . . eBay listings

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:35 pm 

UK auction, Dragon Lords fanzine Issue#8:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:50 pm 

faro wrote:*g*. I said AL, not Iron Wind.  Guess we're doomed to keep misreading here! :D

The first of your two links is indeed a 1st Iron Wind. :)

For AL, the blue (1st) vs. black (later) color of the cover is the best indication, if the auction only shows the front, since it's rare to see a 1st in original bag with red half-cover, etc., which was only produced for that run (I think...). Can't remember for sure, but phps you picked up that non-1st black (listed as 1st) from Intelligator on a BIN?
Gets even more of a pain having to ask questions to ID loose-leaf vs. bound versions (CL) or 1981 vs. 1983 for SL from the optional rules on the last page...
The icewebring.com link above certainly helps, but I'm not 100% sure that all the prints and combos are indeed listed there; e.g. they were missing the rare-ish AL/CL box until fairly recently and the set listed doesn't match the other two or three I've seen. :roll:

Dragging this back from a couple days ago, I'm glad you find my icewebring site useful, and if you think there are some combinations missing from the lists or something inaccurate or unclear, please let me know and I'll do my best to get them sorted out.  
Which set are you referring to that doesn't match the two or three you have seen? And what was in those sets?  Some of that early ICE stuff is a real pain to try and figure out.
Thanks!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:12 pm 

ob1knorrb wrote:
Dragging this back from a couple days ago, I'm glad you find my icewebring site useful, and if you think there are some combinations missing from the lists or something inaccurate or unclear, please let me know and I'll do my best to get them sorted out.  
Which set are you referring to that doesn't match the two or three you have seen? And what was in those sets?  Some of that early ICE stuff is a real pain to try and figure out.
Thanks!

Great to see you on this site. I've used your site for Shadow World and early Rolemaster products.
I think one thing to help with the site is to list 'sheets' for the early ICE products that are just loose cardstock sheets, instead of 'pages'. So Claw Law 1st print would be 12 sheets compared to 24 pages (and you could further break it down by number of blue sheets, tan sheets, etc)

But again you are the best site out there for ICE products :!:

ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:23 pm 

That is a good idea, that would make it easier to tell the different versions apart.
A question for the folks here, has anyone ever actually seem a copy of Claw Law with a blue cover like the one that is in the picture on this page?
Rolemaster Arms Law & Claw Law Box 1600

I finally got a copy of the Box set awhile ago, and the Claw Law that came with it wasn't blue.  I can't even remember where I got that photo, must have been from a listing on Ebay at some point.

I noticed this site popping up in my stats page on a fairly regular basis, so I figured I'd wander over and take a look around :D

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:34 pm 

ob1knorrb wrote:That is a good idea, that would make it easier to tell the different versions apart.
A question for the folks here, has anyone ever actually seem a copy of Claw Law with a blue cover like the one that is in the picture on this page?
Rolemaster Arms Law & Claw Law Box 1600

I finally got a copy of the Box set awhile ago, and the Claw Law that came with it wasn't blue.  I can't even remember where I got that photo, must have been from a listing on Ebay at some point.

I noticed this site popping up in my stats page on a fairly regular basis, so I figured I'd wander over and take a look around :D

Yeah I've posted the link to your site a couple of times (or more :wink: )

As to your question: I have not seen a blue cover for Claw Law.

Also another thing for the site concerning Arms Law: the 1st picture is actually the 2nd page and back cover of the book, the actual cover is like the others but in blue ink.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 pm 

John Carter Warlord of Mars:

Same seller with Barsoomian Battle Manual:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:14 pm 

Frank has got up a couple of books from Little Soldier:

The Book of Shamans:

and The Book of Treasure:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:19 am 

what about this?

...could be interesting for any nonTSR collector...

for harn players:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:20 pm 

UK auction for Avalon Hill Titan:

Pic is trimmed considerably, but does look nice.  It is listed as incomplete, but but might be worth a query about condition.

Different Seller has un what appears to be a first print Theives World:

Also looks to be in nice shape.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:42 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Different Seller has un what appears to be a first print Theives World:

Hi,

what are the differences between the first and the second TW boxed set? I bought recently the second edition and it seems to have the same contents...

(and the personnalities booklet was missing in my box, so if anyone here have one to sell, I will be interested... I don't want to buy another complete box set  :oops: )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:49 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
Hi,

what are the differences between the first and the second TW boxed set? I bought recently the second edition and it seems to have the same contents...

(and the personnalities booklet was missing in my box, so if anyone here have one to sell, I will be interested... I don't want to buy another complete box set  :oops: )

From what I remember the contents are the same.  The only difference that I think there is, is with the maps.  The maps in the 1st print set are a different color and they printed ony a heavier stock of paper then the later prints.

For reference here is some other general info:

Thieves' World: Chaosium Box Set Components

FWIW, I actually have 2 shrinkwrapped sets(later printing) if you are interested, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:For reference here is some other general ino:

Thieves' World: Chaosium Box Set Components

FWIW, I actually have 2 shrinkwrapped sets(later printing) if you are interested, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

thank you for the link and for these informations :)

and thanks for the sw sets but since I bought a set recently (and I should have asked you before perhaps), I'd prefer to complete it ;)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 99 of 108123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 106107108