Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 97 of 108123 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 106107108
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:55 am 

(No luck this time, sorry Marl. The Iron Wind is a newer copy and the ALs, at least, are not 1sts: the otherwise high-rated seller you got your copy from fell into the same trap, but I don't think they covered their back with "edition" vs. "print").

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:31 am 

faro wrote:(No luck this time, sorry Marl. The Iron Wind is a newer copy and the ALs, at least, are not 1sts: the otherwise high-rated seller you got your copy from fell into the same trap, but I don't think they covered their back with "edition" vs. "print").

Marlith wrote:Seller with some older ICE items. I think it is a 2nd edition 1st print of Iron Wind.....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Mixed set but seller says a 1st Claw Law....

Another lot with 1st print Arms & Claw law they say....

SPI War of the Rings w/ Sauron & Gondor (missing 2 counters) but going real cheap....

I think I said second edition Ist print on the Iron Wind. And I guess the AL are not an 1st printing but they are fairly early. I am sure someone still might find them interesting. Here is a reference site if anyone is interested....

Rolemaster 1st Edition Product List

I appreciate your concern for my bad luck pointing things out though

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:06 am 

Marlith wrote:I think I said second edition Ist print on the Iron Wind.

Yep. Misread on that, but not on the ALs or the one you previously picked up as a "1st", though. The early Rolemaster books do need as much care as the likes of Arduin to distinguish the printings.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:21 am 

faro wrote:
Yep. Misread on that, but not on the ALs or the one you previously picked up as a "1st", though. The early Rolemaster books do need as much care as the likes of Arduin to distinguish the printings.

I picked two up with one 1st I am pretty sure of:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8831127245

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8827853687

Not sure what item I picked up labeled as first. I have bought a number of Arms and Spell Laws recently...do you have specifics? With the site I linked I hope it is not so hard as it breaks it down pretty well. I wish they would all put stock numbers and use differing logos like the early TSR box sets and other products did. Makes it easy to tell the difference between all those printings of Dungeon.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:40 am 

faro wrote:Yep. Misread on that, but not on the ALs or the one you previously picked up as a "1st", though.

*g*. I said AL, not Iron Wind.  Guess we're doomed to keep misreading here! :D

The first of your two links is indeed a 1st Iron Wind. :)

For AL, the blue (1st) vs. black (later) color of the cover is the best indication, if the auction only shows the front, since it's rare to see a 1st in original bag with red half-cover, etc., which was only produced for that run (I think...). Can't remember for sure, but phps you picked up that non-1st black (listed as 1st) from Intelligator on a BIN?
Gets even more of a pain having to ask questions to ID loose-leaf vs. bound versions (CL) or 1981 vs. 1983 for SL from the optional rules on the last page...
The icewebring.com link above certainly helps, but I'm not 100% sure that all the prints and combos are indeed listed there; e.g. they were missing the rare-ish AL/CL box until fairly recently and the set listed doesn't match the other two or three I've seen. :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:52 am 

It was one-eyed-jacques. I have had real good luck with getting some nice items from him. This is the one you mention. I could not find it as it was a BIN and I was looking in the list of snipes.

I knew that was not the real rare version. I was looking for the one with the charts. An interesting story on that is that after I bought that I go both the Spell Law box sets I bought and they both had the Arms Law stuff in the box as well. I am betting that happens alot or I blew good luck on that and not the lottery  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:54 am 

lokiwookie wrote:An interesting lot with many CoC books and MERP (cheap but US or Canada only). Only 3 hours left

however the seller have a very bad feedback rating...

(and Iron wind... but which printing?)

I'll take that, thank you very much.   :D   Love those poorly described, mixed lots listed in the wrong category.  Poor feedback helps too!  (A 16000+ feedback seller like that is just taking pics and shoving the items in a package.  Most negative feedback stems from non-working, broken "technology" items - books are pretty much as is, but are often a great deal on the resell.  :) )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:02 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
I'll take that, thank you very much.   :D   Love those poorly described, mixed lots listed in the wrong category.  Poor feedback helps too!  (A 16000+ feedback seller like that is just taking pics and shoving the items in a package.  Most negative feedback stems from non-working, broken "technology" items - books are pretty much as is, but are often a great deal on the resell.  :) )

Nice pick up there. I saw that when lokiwookie (would that make him part of the Sith?) posted it but I could not recall if I had dealt with them in the past and the FB scared me a bit. You have to love it but I can't understand selling books with them all stacked on top of each other. There is not even a closeup on the stack to the left. And listing them by stock number...there are probably only a handful of people that know items by stock number for a line like Chaosium has.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:18 am 

Marlith wrote:I knew that was not the real rare version. I was looking for the one with the charts. An interesting story on that is that after I bought that I go both the Spell Law box sets I bought and they both had the Arms Law stuff in the box as well. I am betting that happens alot or I blew good luck on that and not the lottery  :lol:

Heh, heh... luck pays better on the lottery, I think, so if you have a transfer option on that, Marl... :)

Yup, that was the one (from one-eyed-jacques).
There is a 1st print up for sale just now at $19.99 BIN, but it is "book only" and with a few flaws at that;

(I like the "original box is not included", when the sliced-in-two cover is shown ;))

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:28 am 

faro wrote:
Heh, heh... luck pays better on the lottery, I think, so if you have a transfer option on that, Marl... :)

Yup, that was the one (from one-eyed-jacques).
There is a 1st print up for sale just now at $19.99 BIN, but it is "book only" and with a few flaws at that;

(I like the "original box is not included", when the sliced-in-two cover is shown ;))

I was all set to buy it and then I read the "orders under $20 will have a $1 handling fee"....on his $19.99 BIN item.  Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:31 am 

I believe I have a 2nd set of charts for a 1st print Arms Law since an auction I won only had the one book (course got 2 sets of 1st print Claw Law in that one as well)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:29 pm 

faro wrote:Yup, that was the one (from one-eyed-jacques).

Now there's a name I recall.  I used to frequently haunt his store in Richmond, VA.  I think it used to be on Cary Street.  Picked up a lot of neat items there in the days prior to eBay!  I actually went through the owner's hoard of Dragon magazines and picked up quite a few for a great price.  I remember that he had a fire there and some of his collection was destroyed/damaged.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:44 pm 

Not sure if any of these are valuable of not but 77 makes it fairly old and might make it a 1st printing....again not sure if that matters with T&T. It looks to perhaps be the digest sized version.

Deathtrap Equalis(z)er.....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:53 am 

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm 

Marlith wrote:Not sure if any of these are valuable of not but 77 makes it fairly old and might make it a 1st printing....again not sure if that matters with T&T. It looks to perhaps be the digest sized version.

= UK 1st print (SGL), in this case. That matters here, for a start... :)

Only $15?
Had expected perhaps a bit more regardless of condition, given the rarity and the announcement.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:33 pm 

faro wrote:= UK 1st print (SGL), in this case. That matters here, for a start... :)

Only $15?
Had expected perhaps a bit more regardless of condition, given the rarity and the announcement.

nice win for lance there.....well done!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:30 pm 

kandroc keep:  

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:46 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:kandroc keep:  

I think you're going to hear a Martian "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)" again, Al!

(Although, tbh, I'd already spotted the SGL Buffalo Castle (as a UK-only auction! ;)) in addition to the (world-wide auction ^^) SGL Deathtrap Equaliser, above/on the previous page;
=> eBay.com Item Bid History . 4th(?) time lucky, I think, in as many years... Too darned rare by half).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 97 of 108123 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 106107108