Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 108123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 106107108
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:52 pm 
 

OK...answering my own question.....

Should have checked out Shane's subweb before I asked.

It turns out that the first print of Wilderlands of the Magic Realm did indeed have the same artwork that was on all prints of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches.

The good news is that I have a first print of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches....so Boo Yah!

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:55 pm 
 

Yahoo!

   Check out this seller's offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

   I know that some of you are down on D20 stuff, but those of you with a mind to game...and grab a good collecting opportunity might want to check this one out.

  It is the entire run of Corsair Publishing's Pulp Dungeons campaigns.  Each one is 16 pages long, and Corsair's plan was to corner the market on low-cost modules.  Most of them are the work of Timothy Brown, a well-travelled game writer (worked on Fast Forward, Sovereign Stone, Corsair and other companies' product...quite a list).  One of the modules, Uninvited Guests, has four adventures, including one by Gary Gygax.

  The whole set is something like 15 modules for just under $20, including shipping.

   There are, like, six more sets of this offer available, so I thought I'd pass it on here.  Take it or leave it...but hey..... 8O

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:09 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Yahoo!

   Check out this seller's offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

   I know that some of you are down on D20 stuff, but those of you with a mind to game...and grab a good collecting opportunity might want to check this one out.

  It is the entire run of Corsair Publishing's Pulp Dungeons campaigns.  Each one is 16 pages long, and Corsair's plan was to corner the market on low-cost modules.  Most of them are the work of Timothy Brown, a well-travelled game writer (worked on Fast Forward, Sovereign Stone, Corsair and other companies' product...quite a list).  One of the modules, Uninvited Guests, has four adventures, including one by Gary Gygax.

  The whole set is something like 15 modules for just under $20, including shipping.

   There are, like, six more sets of this offer available, so I thought I'd pass it on here.  Take it or leave it...but hey..... 8O

Mark   8)


Actually, they aren't even D20, they are just generic fantasy (I have quite a few of these) adventures released before the D20/3rd edition release. They are decent adventures that can be used with any fantasy system or any edition of Dungeons & Dragons since all the stats are generic.  

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2022
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:14 pm 
 

Okay, I bit...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:09 am 
 

Ironically, "generic fantasy" should make them more attractive to a number of collectors.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 25, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:26 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Ironically, "generic fantasy" should make them more attractive to a number of collectors.


I hope he ships to Canada, I e-mailed him about it!  Maybe I should just buy it now and ask forgiveness later  :?:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:46 am 
 

You should note that these are 5' x 7' pamphlets...like the old school D&D stuff.  Probably a lot like comic books...thus, "pulp."

Still.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:00 am 
 

I have all but the last three somewhere. They are actually not bad.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:10 am 
 

Not sure from the auction if it is Beastmaker Mountain or Blasted Land. In either case it is still interesting....

Blasted Land Sorry  :(

Some WFRP fanzines as well though these are ending today sometime....

WFRP Fanzines


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:08 am 
 

I love these lines from the WFRP magazine auction:

This series of zines started out as WFRP fanzines, but became more general about gaming stuff over the issues - though with a WFRP focus usually. All these are quite old now, going back to 2002 and pre-date the latest edition; all are first edition WFRP. All are new, unusued.

  All of them are "quite old" because they are from 2002 and that pre-dates the latest edition of the game.  But they are also "new, unused."

   What would constitute "use" of a magazine, and how does the seller know what they say without "using" them?

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 24, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 07, 2021
Location: Brescia, Italy

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:19 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Yahoo!

   Check out this seller's offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

   I know that some of you are down on D20 stuff, but those of you with a mind to game...and grab a good collecting opportunity might want to check this one out.

  It is the entire run of Corsair Publishing's Pulp Dungeons campaigns.  Each one is 16 pages long, and Corsair's plan was to corner the market on low-cost modules.  Most of them are the work of Timothy Brown, a well-travelled game writer (worked on Fast Forward, Sovereign Stone, Corsair and other companies' product...quite a list).  One of the modules, Uninvited Guests, has four adventures, including one by Gary Gygax.

  The whole set is something like 15 modules for just under $20, including shipping.

   There are, like, six more sets of this offer available, so I thought I'd pass it on here.  Take it or leave it...but hey..... 8O

Mark   8)


Uhm, a lot of years ago, when I was younger, fitter and withy more hairs on my head  :wink:  I gave a look at some modules of this series and I must say you could easily do the same thing on your own. But we collectors are unreeasonable, money wasting people  :D  8O  :wink:

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:32 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
Actually, they aren't even D20, they are just generic fantasy (I have quite a few of these) adventures released before the D20/3rd edition release. They are decent adventures that can be used with any fantasy system or any edition of Dungeons & Dragons since all the stats are generic.  

Mike B.


Hard to go wrong at that price. Could almost sell them at a garage sale for more than that  :lol:


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:49 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:OK...answering my own question.....

Should have checked out Shane's subweb before I asked.

It turns out that the first print of Wilderlands of the Magic Realm did indeed have the same artwork that was on all prints of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches.

The good news is that I have a first print of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches....so Boo Yah!

Mark   8)


heh mark youre funny man :) thats why i used shanes listing of the item so that i would get this correct or i would have shane asking me like 35,000 questions and i cant be having that AND i left a courtesy link etc too, which i assume is the right thing to do?

either way, its a nice WotMR.

yeah same cover as fantastic reaches - funny huh?

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:53 am 
 

Marlith wrote:
Hard to go wrong at that price. Could almost sell them at a garage sale for more than that  :lol:


i quite like them pulp dungeon books. have asked the seller for shipping - if its ok i will snap em up unless someone else gets there first :)

Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:55 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
i quite like them pulp dungeon books. have asked the seller for shipping - if its ok i will snap em up unless someone else gets there first :)

Al


Had multiple sets. He had 2 left after I bought mine.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:55 am 
 

Marlith wrote:Not sure from the auction if it is Beastmaker Mountain or Blasted Land. In either case it is still interesting....

Blasted Land Sorry  :(

Some WFRP fanzines as well though these are ending today sometime....

WFRP Fanzines


i would love to bid on that but i promised i wouldnt *hard....to.....resist"... :D

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:47 am 
 

Ah, what the hell. I do need the last 3 books.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4506
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:39 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
heh mark youre funny man :) thats why i used shanes listing of the item so that i would get this correct or i would have shane asking me like 35,000 questions and i cant be having that AND i left a courtesy link etc too, which i assume is the right thing to do?

either way, its a nice WotMR.

yeah same cover as fantastic reaches - funny huh?

Al


35k huh, you under estimate me :wink:
You can discount one of the watchers on those 3 Judges Guild auctions as me (those installments look like they shall do pretty well)

Thanks Mark for that lot, and why no one maybe getting responses from them is they are gone this wekk, least thats what the automatic email I got when I purchased mine.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 108123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 106107108