Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 108123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 106107108
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:56 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
   I don't think the Channeling book is an RPG book.  I think it's a photocopied occult religious item.

About a year ago, there was a guy selling this one as a part of a larger set of similar items.  I asked him if it was really a gaming item, or if it was an occult item.  He responded that it was an occult item and had been wrongly listed.

Mark   8)

The guy is wrong. It's a Rolemaster 1st edition Channeling book that is part of the RM original boxed set, I believe. All that Rolemaster stuff is very hard to find, way out of print 1st edition stuff. It looks odd because it was published in the early 80's and looks very old school (almost a homemade look).  Rolemaster collectors will probably be all over this lot, that's some very rare and very hard to find stuff!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:50 pm 

Marlith wrote:Nice boxed game lot...Barbarian King, DragonQuest, Thieves World and an Otus Basic set.....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Talk about getting a nice buy. If I had expected it to go that cheap I would have kept it quiet and stole it myself  :lol:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:28 pm 

Marlith wrote:
Talk about getting a nice buy. If I had expected it to go that cheap I would have kept it quiet and stole it myself  :lol:

What are you crazy?  The dice aren't even included!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:39 pm 

Marlith wrote:

Nice pickup, Beyondthebreach.  :)

Mark    8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:43 pm 

I have a ton of the old RM stuff. I haven't had much chance to look at it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:43 pm 

grodog wrote:LOL.  I'm not a RM expert by any means, but I thought I'd read that the Channeling (Essences?) book was rare.  Perhaps I'm better off in my known territory :D

Hoping that that OCE has /zero/ smoke smell once the "protective plastic" is removed. Possibly a bit of a bargain, if so.

=
Mike's comment above should be right: alas eBay prices are rather lower than might be expected for early RM.

The real scarcity is the 1st AL, even if that's perhaps not the best of copies. Have only seen that once on dealer's lists ($75 or so, IIRC?), but the CL usually vanishes quickly enough at $20-25+ by itself.
There are extra pages in there, although those are possibly the 3-hole punched sheets to go with that adapted binder (art-sheet pasted to cover?).

Again, not the best all-told, but a very decent lot at $20, IMO.

Now.... I presume Frank Mentzer is bidding on the AD&D mods, since he'd never knowingly purchase RM. (?) ;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 pm 

faro wrote:Heh, heh... Now there is a copy of Booty available at $250 (states light wear/unmarked and only VG but might be a bit better given that description).
May I "blame" you for triggering that somewhat optimistic "ask", too, Allan? ;)

And another at $175 in VG+...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:21 pm 

faro wrote:I presume Frank Mentzer is bidding on the AD&D mods, since he'd never knowingly purchase RM. (?)

::snort:: I can spot a 1st AL at 50 yards as well as you can.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:58 pm 

This lot might turn out to be worthwhile for someone.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:52 am 

even if i'm not still in touch with Non-TSR products, i'd like to know if these 2 are good items...

ciao

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:50 am 

aia wrote:even if i'm not still in touch with Non-TSR products, i'd like to know if these 2 are good items...

ciao

I don't actually know anything about either of them, but whenever one of them comes up on eBay everyone on here seems to drool and mumble stuff.  Pretty sure they're rare.  ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:58 am 

En Garde is not so bad.  I don't keep very good track of them but is there an earlier version that is not "revised"?

EDIT - Ah read the auction and the first print is 1975 which is probably much rarer than this revised edition 1977.

Booty is rare.  It has that Erol Otus connection and is an early item which makes is quite desirable.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:11 am 

Gygax has mentioned En Garde several times in interviews.

For example,

Gygax wrote:I believe that it was 1975 when the Game Designer's Workshop RP game, En Garde,was published. That, to my knowledge, was the first of competing RPGs.

The Inside Scoop on Gaming - RPGnet

And there's a review of it here:
Home - EarthLink Mobile

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:24 pm 

Marlith wrote:Nice boxed game lot...Barbarian King, DragonQuest, Thieves World and an Otus Basic set.....

Marlith wrote:
Talk about getting a nice buy. If I had expected it to go that cheap I would have kept it quiet and stole it myself :lol:

I didn't even notice this on the threads, so you don't have to blame yourself!  :D  

To tell the truth, there aren't many RPG lots that slip past my notice on ebay . . . my regular searches are Lot, Books -book, modules -module, Items -item, sets -set, collection, manuals -manual, rulebooks -rulebook, assortment -monster and games -game.

Then I do sweep item and description for chaosium, pendragon, warhammer, rolemaster, iron crown enterprises, twilight 2000, jorune, megatraveller, mega traveller, digest group, planescape and plane scape as well as MERP and 7th sea.  Oh yeah and, of course, Battletech . . . and Cthulhu too . . .

I also try to view ALL U.S. only auctions ending within the next 24 hours so I don't miss anything.  

Then I right click on items I'm interested in (which hot links me to bidnip), set my snipe and browse back to pick up where I left off.

It's a dirty job, but . . . you know . . .  (I'm sure everyone here has a similar story :)   )

8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:41 pm 

The only one I had any real interest in was the Barbarian Kings as I have all the otehrs. I know it alone can go $35+ and then add in the earlier DQ and TW and I really expected that to be a $60+ lot and most likely a lot more than that. Well glad someone here got a good deal.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:47 pm 

aia wrote:even if i'm not still in touch with Non-TSR products, i'd like to know if these 2 are good items...

Pseudo-RPG, especially given that it plays best as a PBM (fun!) with a somewhat limited character action set (in terms of what actually effects gameplay).

First print has sold for no more than that, but it's well worth a read, IMHO.
And maybe even tag along a PBM.... :)

aia wrote:

Bizarre! I never noticed that one when I mentioned there was another up at $175 "BIN" (it's still there); and lo' and behold....!
Not the first time that's happened. *g*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:45 pm 

faro wrote:
grodog wrote:LOL.  I'm not a RM expert by any means, but I thought I'd read that the Channeling (Essences?) book was rare.  Perhaps I'm better off in my known territory :D

Hoping that that OCE has /zero/ smoke smell once the "protective plastic" is removed. Possibly a bit of a bargain, if so.

Actually, I need to be paying more attention with my bids:  if I had read the auction listing thoroughly and noticed that that smoke comment, I wouldn't have bid at all :(

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:05 pm 

GURPS-The Prisoner:

$5.00 opening bid. Looks solid. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 108123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 106107108