Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 108123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 106107108
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:21 pm 

Marlith wrote:Necromican. It look slike the seller either figured out it did not belong with the box set or someone convinced them to split it off....

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

I'll confess.  I made him a reasonable offer since I wasn't interested in the white box.  He accepted.  I sent payment.  He accepted payment and cancelled the initial auction.  Someone told him it was worth $200 (which I'm not sure where that number came from?).  Then he decided not to sell it to me.  I should add in here somewhere that he spent the money I sent him and is trying to refund me through his bank account?  so it will take a week or so? (since its international).  And he has now relisted the auction.
I have to say that it kinda feels strange that he is auctioning the item and still holding onto my money at the same time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:25 pm 

That's a real bummer.  :(
I wouldn't have thought it was worth $200 of anybody's money. Maybe $100 or so? I trust you can recover from a credit card if things go icky.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:37 pm 

I haven't seen Necomican go for $200 ever.  That's a bummer, Mars :(

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:45 pm 

@Mars: Erm, so you both agreed a legally binding transaction, he took your money, then unilaterally backed out?
I'm not sure what idiot quoted $200 (as a spoiler), but given that he'd taken- and still has- your money I'm surprised to see anyone from around here bidding it up again... :?

I'd personally be filing under shady/untrustworthy seller.

(Yeah, this has happened to me, too, although not quite on that timescale...).

Per my comment on The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread • Page 28 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum , $50 is a fair price - and I paid less than that ($45-ish) on a full 7-day sale on eBay last year.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Maybe $100 or so?

Per Alan's post, above, but I've not even seen a copy go for $100, Ian. Not even a minty-fresh one (which the current copy isn't).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:10 pm 

I want it to be known that I was unaware of any of this when I bid on it after posting it here.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:18 pm 

Marlith wrote:I want it to be known that I was unaware of any of this when I bid on it after posting it here.

Thanks for confirming that, Marl.

The "retract bid" option is still available, I presume...?
At present I'd've thought Mars is still the legal owner, if he hasn't received his money back and the seller claims they've already spent that(!).

Heck. At least that would demonstrate some displeasure in the manner they've handled this, at least; and it's still a seven day auction going nowhere anytime soon.

=
(I'd love to see whoever claimed it's worth $200 put their money where their mouth is, though. :roll: Somehow I doubt it...).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:25 pm 

faro wrote:Thanks for confirming that, Marl.

The "retract bid" option is still available, I presume...?
At present I'd've thought Mars is still the legal owner, if he hasn't received his money back and the seller claims they've already spent that(!).

Heck. At least that would demonstrate some displeasure in the manner they've handled this, at least; and it's still a seven day auction going nowhere anytime soon.

=
(I'd love to see whoever claimed it's worth $200 put their money where their mouth is, though. :roll: Somehow I doubt it...).

I have no problem with that. My only concern is if I can legally retract the bid. I will do it and describe the events as put forth here as the reason. I do not want to get my eBay account flagged or affected in anyway because of this though.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:33 pm 

Marlith wrote:I have no problem with that. My only concern is if I can legally retract the bid. I will do it and describe the events as put forth here as the reason. I do not want to get my eBay account flagged or affected in anyway because of this though.

Cheers.

A generic "not as described" would surely suffice.
For a start, that it doesn't actually belong to them at present! (And cannot possibly revert until Mars has his money back, at the very least).

Yeah, retracting bids is something I've only done once, myself; to trap keepontheborderlands when I was almost certain they were lying about the BIN the stated in the text of their auction for their WoM. And they were.

(Not as many people seem to put "entered incorrect bid" as they used to, however! Thank goodness... :o)

=
I'm not touching this auction with a bargepole, anyhow. (Not that I would've been, anyhow, since I left that to deimos, remember! ^^).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:34 pm 

I have sent a message throiugh eBay to the seller asking that my bid be removed. If they will not remove it then I will retract it. I am going this route because based on what the Bid Retraction guidelines say I can not retract the bid. I will do that though if they do not cancel my bid for me.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:01 pm 

faro wrote:@Mars: Erm, so you both agreed a legally binding transaction, he took your money, then unilaterally backed out?
I'm not sure what idiot quoted $200 (as a spoiler), but given that he'd taken- and still has- your money I'm surprised to see anyone from around here bidding it up again... :?

I'd personally be filing under shady/untrustworthy seller.

(Yeah, this has happened to me, too, although not quite on that timescale...).

Per my comment on The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread • Page 28 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum , $50 is a fair price - and I paid less than that ($45-ish) on a full 7-day sale on eBay last year.

I made an offer of $40 (hence his starting price) + $8 for shipping which I thought was fair considering it has a name inside and an 1.5 inch embossing on the cover.  I even received this email from:

"Just a quick to confirm that I received your payment of $48.00 through
Paypal. The Necromican book will go out to you tomorrow at the following
address via airmail letter post: ..."

Then this morning I get the email:

"I am refunding all your money, as I have reconsidered selling the Necromican book offline. Due to the unexpected interest expressed by several people, I believe it is more fair to everyone to list it separately on eBay."

When I inquired about this he then says that the fair market value is  upto $200.  Looking at this email again, I guess it was nice of him to refund ALL my money (eventually I hope) and not charge me a self imposed restocking fee.

Easy come easy go I guess.  I am curious to see what this one ends at but I don't really want to pay a premium price for a blacked out name and 1.5 inch cover embossing so I don't mind waiting for the next one.

I suppose if I really wanted to push the subject I'm sure there is a small claims court case in there - I could have Judge Judy sort it out :)  Just out of curiousity, I sent an email off to Paypal to see what they say about it.  BTW, I don't begrudge anyone who wants to bid on the auction - not that I'm a big fish in the sea anyway :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:17 pm 

Thanks for the copy, Mars. Sorry to read that. :(
$40 was a good price, but hardly an outstanding bargain compared with the last one that went for $17 BIN, IIRC.

Not as though you'd viciously armtwisted them to sell you their woodgrain for $25, or anything like that.

Greedy Seller wrote:"...I believe it is more fair to everyone to list it separately on eBay."

How many times have I read that "excuse"... :?

All they are really interested in is more $ in their back pocket and it seems as though they're impatient to get that, too.
Selling something that doesn't actually belong to them at this particular instant in time is a new trick, I must admit.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:27 pm 

Mars wrote:
I made an offer of $40 (hence his starting price) + $8 for shipping which I thought was fair considering it has a name inside and an 1.5 inch embossing on the cover.  I even received this email from:

"Just a quick to confirm that I received your payment of $48.00 through
Paypal. The Necromican book will go out to you tomorrow at the following
address via airmail letter post: ..."

Then this morning I get the email:

"I am refunding all your money, as I have reconsidered selling the Necromican book offline. Due to the unexpected interest expressed by several people, I believe it is more fair to everyone to list it separately on eBay."

When I inquired about this he then says that the fair market value is  upto $200.  Looking at this email again, I guess it was nice of him to refund ALL my money (eventually I hope) and not charge me a self imposed restocking fee.

Easy come easy go I guess.  I am curious to see what this one ends at but I don't really want to pay a premium price for a blacked out name and 1.5 inch cover embossing so I don't mind waiting for the next one.

I suppose if I really wanted to push the subject I'm sure there is a small claims court case in there - I could have Judge Judy sort it out :)  Just out of curiousity, I sent an email off to Paypal to see what they say about it.  BTW, I don't begrudge anyone who wants to bid on the auction - not that I'm a big fish in the sea anyway :)

What a pair of idiots...first the guy that reneged on the sale (you made an offer, he accepted you PAID for the item, cmon), and then the tard that threw crap in the birthday cake by quoting an inane price that this guy is NEVER going to see just to queer your deal.
  If I was a cynical sort I'd say this dude did not refund you immediately to see if he can get more on a relist, Having his cake and eating it too so to speak.
 Mars I would DEMAND the money immediately, and if not forthcoming charge back on it. What this guy did is definitely under the head of shady dealer.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:37 pm 

faro wrote:I'm not touching this auction with a bargepole, anyhow. (Not that I would've been, anyhow, since I left that to deimos, remember! ^^).

I'm outta there, too.  That's just behaviour I can't support.

Marlith -- don't feel bad about doing the right thing!  You have every right to retract your bid in this situation.  Hopefully Frank will retract his bid as well.  I hope this thing never sells.  :evil:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:04 pm 

File in eBay for fraud. Very simple. Send all the e-mails to them as well.
What I find disturbing is that it had to be a member from here who told him it was worth $200, probably to sour the deal and get it back on eBay.
Selling something on eBay for a "fair shot" as opposed to a private sale is fine, but selling something that has already been sold is reprehensible. That is exactly what happened with my first Fazzlewood.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:37 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

=> "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

Now whoever said it was worth $200 is hopefully going to be forced to pay a "bargain" $150 (yeah...), and perhaps Mars can get a cut of the profits if there's any justice?
(Of course, all you actually wanted was the book to read, wasn't it?).

On the other hand, if they turn up here and appear genuinely upset at having been misled by that person who threw the $200 spanner-in-the-works, I'd happily retract (at least some of) the presumptive comments above.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:44 pm 

Wouldn't it be nice if someone won the auction for $200, and then didn't pay the seller?  :wink:

Edit: Oops, posted too late. Well, it would've be nice if that had happened...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:49 pm 

I voiced my displeasure with the seller and he has taken it down at least until I get my money back - so you should see it back up next week.  

A nice thought David but I don't think I will see any of the profit the seller makes unless I want to take him to small claims court.  This copy now feels tainted so I probably won't bid on it when it goes back up and I will wait for the next one.  I might just have to win Kalifax to make me feel better  8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 108123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 106107108