Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 108123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 106107108
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:57 am 

Going cheap in the UK . . .  original Warhammer "White" box set.

It's almost never a good deal for me to buy and resell from the UK (what with shipping and poor exchange rates) . . . but one of you chaps across the pond might want it to keep, sell or trade (assuming no snipes come in at the last minute).

edit: Silly me . . . I forgot to post the link (only 1 1/2 hours to go now. . . )

cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-WARHAMMER-RPG-IN- ... dZViewItem

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:14 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Going cheap in the UK . . .  original Warhammer "White" box set.

It's almost never a good deal for me to buy and resell from the UK (what with shipping and poor exchange rates) . . . but one of you chaps across the pond might want it to keep, sell or trade (assuming no snipes come in at the last minute).

What is a reasonable price to expect that to go for if you don't mind my asking?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:54 am 

Marlith wrote:
Beyondthebreach wrote:Going cheap in the UK . . .  original Warhammer "White" box set.

What is a reasonable price to expect that to go for if you don't mind my asking?

I added a link to the auction on my above post (I guess I had forgotten the first time  :oops:  )

Anyway, I sold a nice, collector's grade box set for about $75.  That was the BIN on ebay and I also posted in the Acaeum classifieds.  It sold to an acaeum member within the first hour it was listed and another acaeum member requested a shipping quote first (they missed out on the BIN).

Can be hard to find a U.S. seller who has one and they can be tricky to find on ebay as there aren't really many "unique" keywords - searches often turn up hundreds of other Warhammer paraphernalia.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:52 am 

AARGH.

I woulda taken you up on that in a heartbeat. Didn't see it in time.

Just fyi, for future reference... that sort of thing goes extremely well at my GenCon auction.

F

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:36 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Marlith wrote:

I added a link to the auction on my above post (I guess I had forgotten the first time  :oops:  )

Anyway, I sold a nice, collector's grade box set for about $75.  That was the BIN on ebay and I also posted in the Acaeum classifieds.  It sold to an acaeum member within the first hour it was listed and another acaeum member requested a shipping quote first (they missed out on the BIN).

Can be hard to find a U.S. seller who has one and they can be tricky to find on ebay as there aren't really many "unique" keywords - searches often turn up hundreds of other Warhammer paraphernalia.

Thanks. I picked on up maybe 5 or 6 years ago at a local Half Price Books. I have not seen one on eBay that I could recall and have often wondered about its value. I may have to consider the GenCon option since Frank says they sell well there. Would you expect better than the BIN price that BtB got Frank?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:38 am 

MegaTraveller Digest Group Publications Starship Operators Manual in NM condition based on description....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Seller with a first printing Dark Tower...their call not mine. They did copy the Booty list.....

Direct from the auction title "Mech Factory #1 Battletech Magazine Fanzine". I thought perhaps some of the fanzine people might now if this was interesting or not...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:33 pm 

re. White box Warhammer;
Marlith wrote:I have not seen one on eBay that I could recall and have often wondered about its value.

Not that uncommon on eBay: still typically £5-15, even for higher grades (previous "heads-up").
Guess we just multiply that by four and send 'em all to GenCon, now? ;)

The original edition of the (non-GW) predecessor- Richard Halliwell's 1978 "Reaper" rules- is much more scarce.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:39 pm 

faro wrote:re. White box Warhammer;
Marlith wrote:I have not seen one on eBay that I could recall and have often wondered about its value.

Not that uncommon on eBay: still typically £5-15, even for higher grades (previous "heads-up").
Guess we just multiply that by four and send 'em all to GenCon, now? ;)

The original edition of the (non-GW) predecessor- Richard Halliwell's 1978 "Reaper" rules- is much more scarce.

Not to sidetrack this thread too much . . . but how about The Spacefarer's?  I think that is a 1981 GW space battle rulebook.  Is that fairly rare?

As far as the Original White Box set . . . if I stuck a decent, complete one in my store I  think I could sell it for at least $50 given 1 month - almost a certainty given 2 months . . .  I'd probably set the price higher as well.  Even the Hogshead Warhammer books bring in at least $20-25 each.  I wouldn't even sell Lichemaster or Castle Drachenfels for less than $50 . .   Warhammer items sometimes take a little bit of patience to move at a good price, but there are always buyers sooner or later.  (later = within two months, NOT 2+ years . . . )

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:54 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Not to sidetrack this thread too much . . . but how about The Spacefarer's?  I think that is a 1981 GW space battle rulebook.  Is that fairly rare?

=> Spacefarers | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
Not at all common, I suspect, but not on my regular search patterns.
Flag it as a WH40k "predecessor" in the eBay title, for greater publicity?

Re. the white box; yeah, the point was that the newer material had already become more expensive whereas the "original" was still lagging badly (and still is, IMO). No particular incentive for current players with $ to go back and pick up the old rules, and the old guard will already have copies.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:58 pm 

Can't say what a 1st Warhammer would go for; that would constitute price-fixing and/or bid-rigging, legally unacceptable for me in all 50 states ::wearing my Auctioneer hat::

That said, I think if you put one in the GenCon auction with a $75 reserve price, it would very probably sell. 'twere more than one, it would of course drive the prices down... We do a solid 2 hours of GW-only, with a GW employee as co-auctioneer, and all the fans are there and frothing quite nicely.

I've sold a white D&D non-OCE for $525... at GenCon SoCal in Dec. 2004. It WAS really clean but it did NOT have anything else (supplements). OCE's at Indy have historically gone for more than they do on eBay.

But then, weirder things have been known to happen when I start hyping something late in the Collectibles session. ;> (Ask Stratochamp.)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:13 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Can't say what a 1st Warhammer would go for; that would constitute price-fixing and/or bid-rigging, legally unacceptable for me in all 50 states ::wearing my Auctioneer hat::

;)

$75+ would be a lot more than you'd get over here, IMHO. (Frothing GW fans...? *erf*).

Keep an eye out for the 1978 Reaper rules on eBay (pretty chaos beastie on the cover). Only two people on BGG have the 1981 reprint - Reaper Fantasy Wargame Rules | Board Game | BoardGameGeek - and the original isn't even listed there.

(As for $525 OCEs... :)).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:41 pm 

The November '81 reprint is yellow with a chaos knight on horseback on the cover. I bought it on Tuesday for £1 in a hobbyshop in Birmingham, along with a £3 Battledroids 'mech (currently on eBay, hoping it'll hit £40) and a couple of pulp dungeons.

They had a GW Mono G2 for £4, but I didn't know if it was worth it. I'm not too up on my TSR product, so if anyone want's it, I'm sure it's still there. Wayward Forge, Fletchers Walk, Birmingham.

So is the Reaper Wargames Rules worth anything?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:12 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The November '81 reprint is yellow with a chaos knight on horseback on the cover. I bought it on Tuesday for £1 in a hobbyshop in Birmingham, along with a £3 Battledroids 'mech (currently on eBay, hoping it'll hit £40) and a couple of pulp dungeons.

Nice find. £16 and counting... ;)

I don't know whether the copies on 404 Not Found at £6 (as pointed out by ???) are NOS 1981 originals or later reprints.
The 1978 version should be worth nabbing at anything under $25-30, I'd've thought. Then send it over to the ravening GW hordes at GenCon? ;)

mbassoc2003 wrote:They had a GW Mono G2 for £4, but I didn't know if it was worth it. I'm not too up on my TSR product, so if anyone want's it, I'm sure it's still there. Wayward Forge, Fletchers Walk, Birmingham.

If in fairly decent condition, that'd be a rather good purchase.
(Alas, no longer in Sheffield, so not possible to hope over via there for a day-trip to Dudley, tomorrow).

=

eBay listings has a few interesting bundles; presumably people being put off by the high-ish shipping.
e.g.  
three for Pendragon at 99 cents (16 hours to go). But looky-here; 1981 GW "Spacefareres" at 99 cents with 15 hours to go;  
(I don't like the look of the $5 handling charge for international postage, so feel free! :))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:39 pm 

The 'mech was a good buy. It's stupidly rare.

Yes. That's the Reaper Rules I bought. I don't have the card insert though. :(

The GW Mono G2 was in Good to Very Good condition. At £4 it might be a good but for someone.

I also picked up a Twilight 2000 Player and Referee Manual for £1 (absolutely no idea what TW2000 is like, but I though I could pop them on eBay at 99p), andand issues 1 and 2 of a magazine called Adventurer by Mersey Publishing. It looks pretty recent, but they advertise AD&D scenarios on the cover, so I figured they were worth a pound.

All in all, not a bad haul. It's a shame we don't have stores like that up in Scotland. Today I went through to Glasgow to have a look in the hobbyshops there. Nada.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:24 pm 

Adventurer seems to crop up fairly often on ebay.co.uk but not so much on our side of the pond.  Its a decent magazine and I like the UK product ads/reviews.  Without digging them out, I think it only lasted 11 issues and typical sells for a pound or two - well worth it if the shipping is cheap.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:25 am 

War of the Ring w\ Sauron & Gondor:

and another one:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:35 pm 

GURPS The Prisoner....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:54 pm 

Marlith wrote:GURPS The Prisoner....

Mine's bigger....errr, I meant, mine's in much nicer shape:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 108123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 106107108