Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 108123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 106107108
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:26 pm 

faro wrote:
Plaag wrote:All first prints. 8)

ShaneG.

Couldn't remember whether that bulk-auction was all first prints, or not... ;)

Not all the Dungeoneers were from that lot, but then again they helped to add info to the site :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:27 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Wish I had the power to collect fanzines.

Mark   8)

Um..you do, it is called bidding! :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:27 pm 

Mark   8)

I'll think you will see a leveling off of the mainstream zines as most of the collectors have a few now (like Beholders and Dragon Lords) individual zines that are outside the mainstream and few in number will increase as the few of us that collect em fight over em. The shear volume of and the scarcity of some zines is the main factor against collecting them, I don't even have full runs of Aussie produced ones and I am a long way off the UK ones. Latley I've had more joy with off ebay deals than on, certainly much better value anyway...

Brette:)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:I'll think you will see a leveling off of the mainstream zines as most of the collectors have a few now (like Beholders and Dragon Lords) individual zines that are outside the mainstream and few in number will increase as the few of us that collect em fight over em.

aside: If you hadn't already noticed, Brette, I deliberately let the head-to-head eBay bidding go without too much of a fight, since I personally do not wish to see those go any higher than they already are.
You know the standard prices well enough!

The only major exceptions are the RQ/CoC zines where you're already mostly "fighting" other people for those you're missing.

beasterbrook wrote:The shear volume of and the scarcity of some zines is the main factor against collecting them, I don't even have full runs of Aussie produced ones and I am a long way off the UK ones.

15-20% complete would be doing very well.

Have you figured out the very first Ozzie zine, yet? *prods gently with a pointy stick*

Keep on hunting. :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:15 pm 

The only major exceptions are the RQ/CoC zines where you're already mostly "fighting" other people for those you're missing.

beasterbrook wrote:The shear volume of and the scarcity of some zines is the main factor against collecting them, I don't even have full runs of Aussie produced ones and I am a long way off the UK ones.

15-20% complete would be doing very well.

Have you figured out the very first Ozzie zine, yet? *prods gently with a pointy stick*

Keep on hunting. :)[/quote]

Grrr.. no..

Yes RQ/CoC are the only 2 systems that consistenly go higher, collectors of these systems are rather rabid for certain items. I'm slowly getting RQ items that interest me but certain items ie the first couple of Wyrms Footnotes issues (with or even without the game pieces that came with them) are still only for the DIEHARD RQ collector, way too much $$ for me..
I would have to say that I have at least 20%+ of the zines, some of the remaining issues only run an issue or two, what annoys me is the fact that there seems to be always new magazines and zines that pop up that have extremely small and hence very limited chance to actuallt get a copy..
My web site is going slowly, I have done more but not updated the net site yet, I currenly don't have a computer at home and the new baby is taking up a bit of time...

BTW there is a beholder #17 just list on uk ebay by the looks of it if anyone is after it..

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:05 am 

Plaag wrote:

Mark   8)

Um..you do, it is called bidding! :wink:

ShaneG.

Well, the thing about a fanzine...and this is the thing...is that collecting one or two makes no sense.  For a zine collection to really have value, you gotta have all or most of them.  I am overmatched just trying to collect the entire Stormbringer line...never mind trying to collect an entire run of The Beholder, or Underworld Oracle.  Hell, never mind Dragon.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:16 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Well, the thing about a fanzine...and this is the thing...is that collecting one or two makes no sense.  For a zine collection to really have value, you gotta have all or most of them.  I am overmatched just trying to collect the entire Stormbringer line...never mind trying to collect an entire run of The Beholder, or Underworld Oracle.  Hell, never mind Dragon.

Mark   8)

mark...

brette just mentioned it above, i have put up a beholder 17. these are all dupes of what i have and will be listing 3, 20,21,22,23,24,25 in the next few days. some in v.nice condition, some G-VG...good place to start if thats what you want to do. oh and a magic supplement one too, but i cant put my hands on it atm...but its here somewhere in front of me (grin)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:36 pm 

Yeah, I know its not what most people on this forum go for...but one of these days I will have mine 8O

Objective Set: Microscope Parts & Accessories | eBay

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:43 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Yeah, I know its not what most people on this forum go for...but one of these days I will have mine 8O

Objective Set: Microscope Parts & Accessories | eBay

Why is this game so desirable?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:52 pm 

That's nothing — do a search for "War in the Pacific" and "SPI" sometime. :)

The SPI collectors are no different than us in that they've got certain holy grails that are rarely seen in great condition. What I find interesting is that the timeline for some of the wargame grails and the D&D grails is roughly the same — say, 1976 to 1981. I've long felt that the late 70s-early 80s was a real golden age for all types of gaming.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Why is this game so desirable?

Unlike SPI commons like The Battle of Moscow (S&T 24) or The Moscow Campaign, Objective Moscow is much larger (multiple maps, extreme amounts of counters) and is much rarer. Furthermore, it is more often found in the later "detergent box" (what SPI called their 4" deep accordion box) than this double-flat (and with clean cover sheet to boot!). Good game tho, and it's double-ultra-rare to find it unpunched.

-- the old wargamer turned RPG author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:46 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:That's nothing — do a search for "War in the Pacific" and "SPI" sometime. :)

The SPI collectors are no different than us in that they've got certain holy grails that are rarely seen in great condition. What I find interesting is that the timeline for some of the wargame grails and the D&D grails is roughly the same — say, 1976 to 1981. I've long felt that the late 70s-early 80s was a real golden age for all types of gaming.

Just sold my original copy of SPI's War in Europe for $170...it was punched and well loved, but complete:

Crusade in Europe: Books | eBay

I saw an unpunched copy just go for $300.....

A lot of us oldtimers made the segue from wargames to rpgs about the time period you talk about (1976-1980), so there is a lot of nostalgia for not only RPGS but also  war games from that period.  At the high school I went to, there was a large community lunch room, the tables in the back were always for the wargamers who would set up their Squad Leader games for quick scenarios during lunchtime or breaks.  When D&D started becoming popular, there was a lot of crossover for awhile, you might be running a sniper team into Germany one day and taking your 1st level fighter through B1 the next day.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:46 am 

That reminds me of the Dragon Magazines from that era, which often featured Squad Leader scenarios. Frankly, it was a better magazine when it wasn't all TSR, all the time.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:53 am 

ExTSR wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:Why is this game so desirable?

Unlike SPI commons like The Battle of Moscow (S&T 24) or The Moscow Campaign, Objective Moscow is much larger (multiple maps, extreme amounts of counters) and is much rarer. Furthermore, it is more often found in the later "detergent box" (what SPI called their 4" deep accordion box) than this double-flat (and with clean cover sheet to boot!). Good game tho, and it's double-ultra-rare to find it unpunched.

-- the old wargamer turned RPG author

Frank,

Do you know of a resource similar to the Acaeum for War games?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:55 am 

Seller has a copy of WD #1 ...I am not sure how to tell if it is original or a reprint though....they are also throwing in Game Oracle #1 and #2...anyone know what there are?......

eBay listings

They also have a number of other nice items.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:56 am 

I'm not Frank — nor have I ever played him on TV — but I'll chime in with a shout-out for the Web Grognards. The site could use a little touch-up in the layout department, but it's got a ton of information and many, many links.

Web Grognards

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:05 am 

^^^

Referencing a query from the previous page. Apparently, my typing speed is too slow to be competitive around here. :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:11 am 

Marlith wrote:Do you know of a resource similar to the Acaeum for War games?

Not like here, with price guides and such, but forums, sure.

Try ConSimWorld (also referenced via the Grognards above).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 108123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 106107108